TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Well, it's official...

It took a bit of convincing, but I finally made up my mind. Here's our itinerary...

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9:

Arrive Orlando 12:45 PM

Drive to Tampa

Florida State Fair POP armband night

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10

Florida State Fair all day

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11

Busch Gardens Tampa all day

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 12

Busch Gardens Tampa in the morning

Return to Orlando

Old Town/Orlando stuff rest of day

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13

Return to Minneapolis/St. Paul

Any other ideas for this kind of trip?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really nessassary to spend all that time at the fair and BGT?

What I'd do is this...

Thursday - Fair

Friday - Fair (if nessassary) and BGT

Saturday - BGT (if nessassary in the morning), Sea World in the afternoon, and Old Town at night.

Sunday - Universal

There is easily enough time there to hit all the parks and attractions you want, with breathing room... Plus with the Annual passes, it's really, really cheap. Busch offers a pass for like 10 bucks a month that will get you into Sea World and Busch Gardens for a year. That's like less than a weeks worth of change for admission to both parks!

Different... all I can say. You must of been before (duh) if all you want to do is go to the fair and BGT when you have four days in FL. Was there somesort of 'Whore FSF and Shakira will Whore You!' deal?

Edit: I swore I saw an ad for Busch Garden's buy a day get a year when I was just in Florida?

The Fun Card is just a few bucks more than a 1-day admission.

Its definitely an interesting plan, but remember that its his touring plan, not yours.

That being said though, I went to the Florida State Fair last year and saw everything I needed to see in one day.

Someone must really enjoy fairs. I would personally view that plan as a waste, but then again, I'm not into fairs and have a real dislike for BGT and Old Town. So what do I know?

One question though - why are you flying into Orlando when most of your trip is in Tampa? You could spend one whole day at the fair if there weren't seemingly unnecessary driving involved on the first day. In fact, Orlando itself seems unnecessary. Old Town isn't worth a 2 hour drive.

The Fun Card is just a few bucks more than a 1-day admission.

um..it was the same price as a 1-day admission. I just got mine at AAA on Friday. actually, no, it was cheaper than a one day admission..by 1 penny! (thanks AAA for that discount)

Ok, then its different than last year. Last year I'm pretty sure the price was $60 which would have made it like I said, a few bucks more than a 1-day ticket. But I was just at BGT's website and unless I read wrong, it looks like the funcard may only be good for FL residents.

I don't see calling someone elses trip plans a waste being very productive. What may be a waste to you may be a great vacation to someone else.

JT3K, the reason we are flying into Orlando is that it is significantly cheaper for two of the three of us to fly there instead of Tampa.

A full day at the FSF because the three of us going are all fair, flat ride, and traveling show fans. Growing up on the Minnesota State Fair, it's not hard to like fairs.

At last look, the full-year pass was $58, which compares well with the roughly $50 one-day pass. If we're there multiple days, it pays for itself.