TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rides that will never happen

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, there's the Gyro Coaster, in which you would be seated in one of these funny gyroscopes that sometimes is at parks and fairs, and the mounted on X-style track. Would be awesome with 360* spinning.

I've also often considered how you could make a double-decker coaster, with sit-down cars above the track, and inverted cars below. The only problem would be supporting, and making it smooth enough for people to ride.

umm thats been "done" going ride a Mosser "Hoppla"

(its like a topspin with 10 cars...)

they did this thing where they unlocked the cars and took the arm to the top. then the cars were locked. and the arm did 6 full rounds so you got 6 "Outside loops" (being upside down at the bottom)

I've had the idea with the sit down cars above the track and the inverted below too.

Another one kinda along the same lines. Would be like a dueling intamin. Certain parts of the ride the two seperate tracks would merge into normal intamin "4 rail" track and one train would be on one side and the other would be on the other side. It wouldn't even need that much support cause the trains G-forces would cancel each other out Also like one train could do a corkscrew and the other would do a little airtime pop over it. Wouldn't add much to the ride, but it would be fun to watch from the side.

Another one I had was involving inverted and flying designs. Using a slightly modded B&M flying coaster train, and modify BA& track with a 4th rail system like X. Make a B&M coaster that can switch back and foward between flying and inverted during the course of the ride. So say your heading right towards a wall that the inverted trains couldn't clear. The 4th rails raise up pulling up the bottom of the train into the flying position and you clear it fine. Oh yeah.

[/b]

Umm, I don't have any off the wall ideas of prototype coasters, but more so, things I wish would happen with existing rides.

Gihugic Loopers- I wish 200+ ft tall ginormous loopers (Manhattan Ex does not count. The old Steel Phantom doesn't exactly count either) would be built. I wish B&M would have followed in the foot steps of Arrow in the late 80's and the early 90's with their idea for huge looping coasters (Shockwave, GASM, Viper). I want a 230 ft tall floorless coaster!

300+ ft tall Premier Shuttles- I love Mr. Freeze. I would have like to have seen an even larger coaster of this style.

Drachen Fire Remake- I wanted to ride this thing so bad. I was lucky enough to see this coaster, but not lucky enough to ride it. I visited the park the year after it closed. It was still standing at that time and it looked like a lot of fun. I would really like to see a coaster very similar to this. I loved the concept of the inversion right after the lift hill and then falling into the first drop. Brilliant.

A B&M, Intamin, Premier Rides collaboration- 'Nuff said.

I would love to see a monorail coaster... with inversions that is...

I mean it would be kinda cool to have an extremely narrow track running under you.

I honestly think you could do a ride with normal coaster on top and inverted on the bottom. I mean there was that company that was making a coaster with a train on the left side and one on the right. I don't think it went anywhere though...

I want to see another new crazy idea. Flying coasters were cool but how about a street lugeing coaster? I mean you could make it into a crazy wild mouse with supports flying past you to make it seem faster.

I would love to see a monorail coaster... with inversions that is...

I mean it would be kinda cool to have an extremely narrow track running under you.

The scary thing is, thats being considered. The fact that monorails are essentially hovering above the track, never touching it, reduces friction by miles and means you can reach fast speeds. I don't know how inversions would work... I suppose if its at a decents speed it would make no difference. However, some cameras screw up around them. Mine can't even handle CA' Screamins launch (LIMs?) its make a strange 'bzzhhzzhHAbhhha' sound...

add the fine print onto it, saying:

This ride was designed for women or for men who don't have any future plans of having children...you have been warned.

My cousin did that on Riddler's Revenge. It was basically a floorless for him. He said it was quite painful as he learned to sing soprano.

Another design I wouldn't see would probably be a Strata inverted standup floorless woodie terrain coaster...that would be a sweet (well really painful) combo.

I'm gonna be the first one to design and build the world's first stand-up floorless coaster!

add the fine print onto it, saying:

This ride was designed for women or for men who don't have any future plans of having children...you have been warned.

My cousin did that on Riddler's Revenge. It was basically a floorless for him. He said it was quite painful as he learned to sing soprano.

Make all the jokes you want, but one of my favorite things to do on Mantis and Chang is to actually lift my feet off of the floor right after the inclined loop. You really get whipped on the direction change following the inclined loop and when the train hits the break run. Try it if you dare. Fellas, be careful though :shock: .

Of course, you would think you would get crunched on Acro, but I personally didn't have any problems on it, nor have I ever heard of anybody else having problems.

A Intamin Gyro drop with 20 ft dug underground connected to the Teacups making the tower spin, but the ride would spin while the tower span even during the drop and it would flip you while spinning you on a spinning tower! How nauseating is that!?