TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rides that will never happen

The concept is simple, a Larson Crazy Train and a Larson Ring Of Fire combined, but in a more insane way. The ride would consist of one large 60 foot ring suspended between two large suports with the ability to flip the ring, and a train much like a roller coaster train. What the ride would do motion wise, is pretty simple. The ring, would flip slowly and the train inside it would use the motion of the ring for propulsion. The ring would slowly swing, with its's side to side motions causing the train to slide around inside the ring. Eventually the ring will catch speed and do fast forward flipping motions, not fast enough to keep the train from staying still due to centripetal force. This ride would incorperate an inertia ring much like what is implimented on the Ring Of Fire. The ring's motions would cause for an experience like no other. The train would be free running untill it needs to brake, which would be done with tire drives. This ride could be possible, just unlikely to ever exist.

This is very possible, I hope it is built some day. Just imagine those hula hoops with the marble in them. It's very possible. The only problem I think would be the forces the ride creates, you would need some really stong supports to keep it from shaking all over the place and wearing down after a while. At least it seems so.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The concept is simple, a Larson Crazy Train and a Larson Ring Of Fire combined, but in a more insane way. The ride would consist of one large 60 foot ring suspended between two large suports with the ability to flip the ring, and a train much like a roller coaster train. What the ride would do motion wise, is pretty simple. The ring, would flip slowly and the train inside it would use the motion of the ring for propulsion. The ring would slowly swing, with its's side to side motions causing the train to slide around inside the ring. Eventually the ring will catch speed and do fast forward flipping motions, not fast enough to keep the train from staying still due to centripetal force. This ride would incorperate an inertia ring much like what is implimented on the Ring Of Fire. The ring's motions would cause for an experience like no other. The train would be free running untill it needs to brake, which would be done with tire drives. This ride could be possible, just unlikely to ever exist.

This is very possible, I hope it is built some day. Just imagine those hula hoops with the marble in them. It's very possible. The only problem I think would be the forces the ride creates, you would need some really stong supports to keep it from shaking all over the place and wearing down after a while. At least it seems so.

I also thought of a special support, a ring going around the outside of the inner ring, in the opposite direction. The inner ring would have a chasis on the outside of it which would run along the outer ring to keep the ride smooth and well supported.

And now for another concept ride.

This ride, also has pretty simple movements. It's basically, a Kamikazi, with the bottom of the ride being an "X" with flipping cars on the outside. The ride would start with the "X" platform at the bottom of the ride which would rotate letting guests enter and exit the ride. The platform would lower, and the ride would start to move.

The ride would appear like this:

.........|

.........|

.........|

........\/

......../\

The ride would begin with a swinging motion like Kamikaze, and once at full hight, the "X" at the bottom of the ride will start to turn in the opposite direction that the main boom is swinging. This would cause the cars to flip. The ride would consist of three motions. The looping of the main boom. the rotating "X" and the free-flipping motions of the cars. On the "X" platform, the cars would be two across fitting two riders each, meaning the ride would have the capacity of 16 riders per run.

Like on the first page, I also came up with a coaster where there is a normal car on top of the track and an inverted car on the bottom. Yeah, there would be a problem with supporting it.

Another is where there's, like, a tube with cars that have wheels on all sides, allowing it to flip over on its own. The cars would be circular, and barely fit in the tube. It would be like a full-tube bobsled coaster that can flip you upside-down.

Oh, I just got a new idea. You know what's never been built, to my knowledge, that is, but would be awesome? A floorless, spinning, looping inverted coaster! It would have just about every inversion, from a batwing to a wingover. Yeah, that would be pretty much the best coaster ever.

Another impossible coaster is like a shooting dark ride/floorless/spinning/vertical drop coaster. It's kind of like that Zola 7 coaster at Fuji-Q Highland, but much much much better. And it's not TOGO, it's Intamin!

The Full House Darkride : Jesse goes postal. Witness his frightening machine gun rampage through the household as he goes after the Olsen twins...

Back to the Future Coaster: A rollercoaster version of the Back to the Future ride film complete with Hill Valley, volcanos and whatnot.

BTTF Hoverboard coaster: In the vein of 'ET', experience a simulated hoverboard ride through Hill Valley circa 2015