TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

microwave popcorn: the poll

MrMorgan

Is eating an entire bag of microwave popcorn every now and then a bad thing?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is eating an entire bag of microwave popcorn every now and then a bad thing?

• Hell no! It's mostly air and salt and butter anyways. Dig in.
    • Well, there is quite a bit of salt in microwave popcorn, so you should try to avoid it.
    • An entire bag? Are you CRAZY? You are putting yourself at risk for a heart attack! Keep it up, and you'll be ready to join ACE in no time.

ok, this is really random, but that's why there's a forum topic called "random, random, random", and if people can make a post saying they're in dire need of help because they can't decide which color gamecube to buy... then i can make a post to ask the following question:

is it bad to eat an entire bag of microwave popcorn in one sitting?

i'm 31 years old, in really good shape, and have a very physical job. still, there's something in me that says "morgan, that's quite a lot of popcorn. maybe you should take it easy." the problem is, it just tastes so damn good, and if i don't finish the bag all at once, i end up throwing the rest away a few days later, and that's wasteful. i'm counting on you, the themeparkreview forum readers to help me with this dire dilemna!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on what else you eat... Everything is bad when eaten in masses. I eat a lot of junk food aswell, but I'm in good health. Just don't go overboard and don't use the popcorn as a replacement for regular meals. Then it should be no problem to "dig in"...

And other good food should be no problem in Germany

I don't care for most of the microwave popcorns, but Newman's Own has a low-sodium, low-fat line that's pretty good. Still, I much prefer popping it on the stove. I have one of those pots with a paddle and crank handle for stirring the corn, so that it pops more evenly and isn't likely to burn. Gives me more control over what I put on the corn, too.

I do eat it, even though I really shouldn't.

The best popcorn is the stuff I make with my Theater III popcorn popper. It's an aluminum pot with a lid on it that you heat over a stove on low-to-medium heat. You put a half cup of corn kernels and 1-3 teaspoons of oil in it, then you turn the crank to stir the kernels and oil till they all pop.

Even though it isn't as heat tolerant as canola oil, I use olive oil, which gives the final product a great flavor.

Eric

I usually eat a bag of popcorn every other day. I'm a little biased to say "Keep eating, it's awesome", but then again, I might die early from cholesterol, etc.

I also eat at McDonald's, and many other fast food places. Recently though, I discovered Subway, and go there for food every chance I get.

We're used to both kinds. But we always grab a "Large-With-Marge" (margerine) at the movie house. Usual places we are, give us a free refill for having on the drive home. Yum.

But - my David always has a box (or more) of the multi packs of micro-popcorn handy, in the kitchen cupboard. And it's the Orville Reddenbacher (sp?) brand of it. And we'll have one, once in a while for 'major tv viewing,' a movie or special DVD we're watching, etc.

We could easily go thru one bag each, easy!

I do eat it, even though I really shouldn't.

The best popcorn is the stuff I make with my Theater III popcorn popper. It's an aluminum pot with a lid on it that you heat over a stove on low-to-medium heat. You put a half cup of corn kernels and 1-3 teaspoons of oil in it, then you turn the crank to stir the kernels and oil till they all pop.

Even though it isn't as heat tolerant as canola oil, I use olive oil, which gives the final product a great flavor.

Eric

Oh ino what your talking about I saw that on Unwrapped on the Food Network. It looked like it worked pretty good and speaking of popcorn, my mom just microwaved some so Peace!