TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Clerks II Trailer. Dante and Randal are back!

robbalvey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG.

Where to start?

Kevin Smith is such a sell out!

He said he'd never do this, a million times!

As usual all his buddies show up to make it look like they think he's the best thing to happen to movies.

That actor who played Randall never even wanted to be in the middle three movies and only showed up for the fifth because everybody (specifically KS said there would never be another KS movie in "that universe."

This peeves me off so much! He (KS) has so much talent when he applies himself to other projects (Daredevil, Spiderman, etc.)!

How much money is Miramax throwing at him for this sequel he didn't supposedly want to make?

Kevin Smith can $uck my A$$!

$tupid G-d D@mned $ell out!!!

I am so there!

Snootchie bootchies!

AWESOME!

I'm so bored with Kevin Smith at this point. I really used to love his movies when I was in high school. I even wrote a paper on how "Clerks" is a classic man vs. self story type. He made two really good movies, Clerks being one and Chasing Amy being the other. But looking back on his body of work, everything else is either a) trying to retread the same material or b) trying to be original and sucking. "Mallrats" is a terrible Clerks clone that miraculously becomes watchable whenever Jason Lee is on the screen. "Dogma" is overbloated. "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" was just ridiculous. "Jersey Girl", well, I don't even need to explain.

So basically he hasn't had a good original idea in quite a long time, and is now trying to drag up the corpse of a ten year old movie. He's coasted quite a long time on the good will of people who like dirty jokes and nerd culture references. It was original ten years ago, now it just feels tired and like he's running out of ideas.

I'm so bored with Kevin Smith at this point. I really used to love his movies when I was in high school. I even wrote a paper on how "Clerks" is a classic man vs. self story type. He made two really good movies, Clerks being one and Chasing Amy being the other. But looking back on his body of work, everything else is either a) trying to retread the same material or b) trying to be original and sucking. "Mallrats" is a terrible Clerks clone that miraculously becomes watchable whenever Jason Lee is on the screen. "Dogma" is overbloated. "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" was just ridiculous. "Jersey Girl", well, I don't even need to explain.

So basically he hasn't had a good original idea in quite a long time, and is now trying to drag up the corpse of a ten year old movie. He's coasted quite a long time on the good will of people who like dirty jokes and nerd culture references. It was original ten years ago, now it just feels tired and like he's running out of ideas.

See, I agree with this almost 100%. Especially this line:

"Mallrats" is a terrible Clerks clone that miraculously becomes watchable whenever Jason Lee is on the screen.

It's odd how, if I had to pick a K. Smith movie to watch, it would be this one, but because of Jason Lee! 2nd I would pick Clerks, and 3rd? I don't really know.

All I do know is that I have only watched Dogma and J&SBSB one time each, and never felt the need to watch them again.

Chasing Amy, on the other hand, used to be my favorite Smith movie, again, mostly the Jason Lee parts, but for some reason this movie has kind of lost it for me and I haven't watched it in years.

Oddly enough, as much as I liked Jason Lee in those two films, I haven't liked ANYTHING else he's done outside of them, until Earl came on. And I love that. Not sure why, I can't explaiin it, but I do.

I'm really hoping that Clerks II could be the Smith film that brings me back to his work, but I do like his 1st three movies, just not nearly as much as I used to.

--Robb

http://www.clerks2.com/teaser/

I'm not sure what I think of it. Other than I know I will most certainly see it!

I've also noticed that IMDB doesn't mention Kevin Smith's version of Fletch at all any more.

Was anyone else really looking forward to that? I know I was.

--Robb

Another Clerks fan... w00t.

I've been watching the video diaries forever now, and finally, this, and I am so exstatic. I love Clerks.

However, on the K.S. issue, I personally liked Dogma... a lot. And I liked Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back almost as much as Clerks, I'm sad to say. Chasing Amy was a brilliant movie. However, Jersey Girl was too much of a sappy movie for me to enjoy it, yet it had potential.

Mallrats sucked.

Yeah the Fletch movie (I think it was going to be called Fletch Won or Fletch One) was going to star JASON LEE (Probably one of my top 3 actors..Hire Jason Lee to make your project that much better). It was going to take place before the Chevy Chase films. While the script has been finish for around 10 years the money never came through to actually getting it produced. Back in the day I used to talk to Kevin Smith here and there via Email about comics and movies etc...He is (still is I believe) a really cool guy. When he had his very first DragonCon appearance (a year before Chasing Amy whenever that was) I was not able to go, but one of my really good friends did and he was able to get two of my laserdiscs signed for me. (Lucky I was able to meet the View Askew crew a few years later.) Anyways they left me a really cool personalized messages which I will present here.

DSC05990.JPG.6cac464210a801a289d7fb1bc9019ab4.JPG

Mallrats...the first time I ever seen Jason Lee..You got to watch his new T.V. show Earl. That and Family Guy are the two best shows on right now.

DSC05989.JPG.4fb96f58ada4aebcf5f757a61ef6b727.JPG

Anyone else still have laserdiscs?..yes I have updated to DVD.

DSC05988.JPG.6e76fc1ce52f6415485ca2aa23b77385.JPG

I had just left Albertsons as a video clerk (I did go back later) and was working at a place called Rick's Movie Graphics..they are still in business.

I first saw "Clerks" in 2000, when I was 18 and a freshman in college. I loved it. I thought it was one of the greatest things I'd ever seen in my life. I watched it over and over and over and over, and showed it to everybody I knew.

I very quickly became a Kevin Smith fan, and sought-out his other works. I bought his movies and searched-out magazines that had interviews with him. I was convinced that this was the guy I wanted to pattern myself after (I was a film-student. As much as I loved "Clerks", though, I was mixed on his other films.

I love "Clerks: Uncensored". "Mallrats" was a decent stupid-comedy. "Dogma" was completely overdone, attempting to say many things without actually saying anything. And "Chasing Amy" was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.

I know that last line will draw a lot of criticism, but it's the way I feel. The premise was very solid, but with the 1-2 combo of Joey Lauren Adam's character admitting what she admits at the end, to Affleck's COMPLETELY unrealistic and non-sensical suggestion of how they fix everything, it just left an absolutely wretched taste in my mouth. I was losing my love of Kevin Smith.

I went with some friends to see "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back", and that's when it hit me: I could no longer stand KS. And it's not because JSBSB was a bad movie, cuz it wasn't (it would be a cute thing to watch when there's nothing else on), but the need to break-up the flow of a scene to insert an in-joke where it otherwise didn't logically fit was what did it for me.

I now find Kevin Smith to be EXTREMELY overrated, and can't get excited about anything he does. Worse than that are his hardcore fans that trumpet him as some sort of God of film-making, like he were Steven Spielberg, Sam Mendes, and David Mamet all rolled into one.

I was one of those diehard fans for about two years in college, but I was also a fan of Tom Green and "Jackass" during that time. My tastes have matured a lot in the span of three short years. I now consider "Glengarry GlenRoss" my favorite movie, and sold my KS DVDs long ago. Now when I go to "Best Buy", I look for films along the lines of "M" and "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", not a bunch of teens implying that life is as easy as that episode of "Star Trek" where so-and-so did whatever.

Kevin Smith is very good at serving his niche-market, the 18 year-old drunken freshman film-student who likes cursing and thinks they're smarter than everyone else. He can't do much beyond that, though.

• 5 months later...

Less than a week away!! It's gonna be bigger than Superman! well maybe not, but I did hear that Randall fights a giant spider?

Anyway here's a link to the super-secret online trailer, if you haven't seen it yet.

http://viewaskew.com/main.html

BTW there is a few naughty words in the trailer, so please watch responsibly.

Look Wes!! I used a search to resurrect a 7 month old thread instead of creating a new one for you to lock , aren't you proud of me?

Personally i cant wait.... fell in love with clerks when i first saw it way back when.... 10yrs ago.... i have always identified with Randal... i have many stories of my time in retail that would make the charachter proud as far as his other movies.... Mallrats was a kinda funny buddy movie, Chasing Amy is probably my second favorite Smith film.... and Dogma has a special place in my heart... mostly caus ei loved Jason Lee in that one.

J&SBSB and Jersey Girl don't exist, it was a temporal vortex.

i think Clerks 2 needed to be done, those chars needed revisited. I personally will be there on friday at the theater...

Kinda dissapointed about Fletch Won though... I was soooo hoping for that one as Fletch is a right up with Caddyshack on my favorite movies list.

maybe someday...

just like Nicholas cage as Superman.