TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which Disney mountains do you like best?

Which Disney mountains do you like best?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which Disney mountains do you like best?

• Big Thunder Mountain
    • Space Mountain
    • Splash Mountain

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the post was for Robb and Elissa for which Disney resort has the better of the three. Example: Disney World has the better Splash, Disneyland has the better Space, like that since you guys have been to all of the Disney's.

IF this post was intended for Robb and Elissa only, then it probably should of been posted in the "Ask Alvey" forum; and it should of been clear that thats what it was for.

_six

^^not to mention the poll makes no sense with it....

My vote goes to Space, only cause matterhorn isn't up there. One of these days they need to replace the abominables (spelling?) with newer animatronic figures, to add to the excitement, and some smoke effects would be cool too.

Actually the post was for Robb and Elissa for which Disney resort has the better of the three. Example: Disney World has the better Splash, Disneyland has the better Space, like that since you guys have been to all of the Disney's.

IF this post was intended for Robb and Elissa only, then it probably should of been posted in the "Ask Alvey" forum; and it should of been clear that thats what it was for.

_six

I did post it in "Ask Alvey" Robb moved it and made it a poll.

This topic and poll can really be taken a bunch of different ways.

Big Thunder in California is supposedly way better than the Magic Kingdom's because it has a splash down and there's always that thrill factor of Disneyland derailing... The Paris BTMRR and the Tokyo BTMRR are also two completely different attractions, so of the four worldwide they are all different. The only similarity is the mesas, buttes, plateaus, "Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland" style theming and that they are all Vekomas.

Space Mountain at WDW's Magic Kingdom is totally different from any other SM, it has two tracks and more of a Matterhorn (also a mountain!) feel. The two tracks are different; the one you have to make a right from the line to (Alpha?) is far better than Omega. Disneyland's Space Mountain is a one track, longer, faster ride...and there's been two experiences of the same track from 1975 until now. Pre-2005 the WED (Arrow/Vekoma-esque) track gave a more jerky experience than the new AMEC B&M style track, according to many. Also, the inside effects have changed, although I've never been to Disneyland and wouldn't be able to tell you the difference of the track or effects. HKDL has its own SM, Disneyland Paris has a looping, launching, Vekoma COOLNESS Space Mountain that looks like it blows the rest away...and same DL USA, it had two versions already and its barely over 10 years of age. Finally, DL Tokyo also has a Space Mountain different from the other four...similar to the original at DL USA. To top it off, in 2006, Disneyland USA's will run two different experiences, Space Mountain during the day and RockIt Mountain at night. And for anyone who says that RockIt mountain won't change the experience of the ride...ask someone who has rode Rock'n'Roller Coaster to compare it to Superman/Xpress at Walibi World...same ride.

Now, for Splash Mountain...DL's has inline seating and narrow logs...WDW has two abreast (SIDE BOOB) seating with wider logs. The guts and show scenes are similar, yet the rides are different as DL's has many imported AA's from "America Sings" that WDW's version never had received or obtained.

Honestly, this is like comparing POTC at DL to WDW's...just from watching DL POTC version's video and then remembering everything from riding WDW's version it was like WDW's had no storyline and was missing key scenes.

I'm going to rate what I've experienced by where I've experienced it and not fill out the poll:

1st Place: Space Mountain (right fork from line) WDW

2nd Place: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad WDW

3rd Place: Space Mountain (left fork from line) WDW

4th Place: Splash Mountain WDW

Best Disney Mountain of all - Matterhorn Bobsleds

\

Yeah, I really have to agree. The mountains probably rank in this order for me.

Matterhorn Bobselds

Space Mountain

Splash Mountain

Big Thunder Mountain.

I think all the mountains are great rides and provide unique experiences. (Along with their clones

_six

Disneyland Paris has a looping, launching, Vekoma COOLNESS Space Mountain that looks like it blows the rest away...

Yes, I'll admit that it looks cool. But as far as the ride...

Worst... Mountain... Ever...

JJ

Oh, sorry. I think I mis-understood the question and thought it would be better in this forum as a poll.

But which is the best? Hmm....that's a tough call. I can tell you which ones I liked the best:

Space: Hong Kong Disneyland (Would be Paris if they hadn't done Mission 2 to it)

Big Thunder: Disneyland Paris

Splash Mountain: Tokyo Disneyland

So there you go!

--Robb "The International Disney's win!" Alvey