TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any Jeep Fans here?

Guest Jorma

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I owned an '85 CJ-7 in high school and loved it. Since Chrysler took over the Jeeps I haven't paid much attention. I guess I like 'em classic.

I am still deciding on my opinion of the new FJ Cruiser. I still think I'd rather have the old FJ.

Scott "proud honda owner since 1996" Moore

Is that actually a NEW Wrangler? As in new/redesigned frame and powertrain, totally new body, redesigned interior, etc? Or is it like the last 6 or so times they've redesigned them, by slapping a new looking body on a WWII chassis? But then, why mess with proven technology? All joking aside, IF I was an off-roader (and I don't mean just driving on snowy roads like all the yuppies), that would be my vehicle of choice, even though I hate Chryslers. Sorry, I work on enough of them, I have the right to say that .

Is that actually a NEW Wrangler? As in new/redesigned frame and powertrain, totally new body, redesigned interior, etc? Or is it like the last 6 or so times they've redesigned them, by slapping a new looking body on a WWII chassis? But then, why mess with proven technology? All joking aside, IF I was an off-roader (and I don't mean just driving on snowy roads like all the yuppies), that would be my vehicle of choice, even though I hate Chryslers. Sorry, I work on enough of them, I have the right to say that .

A picture of a 2005:

The new 2007:

Yes, there have been redesigns from the ground up in '86 with the YJ and the '97 with the TJ. In '97 they went to 4 wheel coil springs instead of leafs. We don't know the specs on the '07 because the reveal was only yesterday at the Detroit Auto Show.

For those of you who are looking for a radical redesign of the Wrangler, it's not going to happen. You can't mess with an icon. The uproar in '87 over the rectangular (instead of round) headlights was defining in the Jeep community. Think of it like the Porsche 911, they just redefine the design, but they still look very similar.

Anyway I like it, but the grill is going to take a little getting used to.

This is my first post to TPR. I have been a long time listener, first time caller, but this topic just sparked my interest. One thing I like more than riding coasters is Jeeps. I am a huge fan of Jeeps and older Crystler products.

I have a few Jeeps:

1946 Willys CJ-2A

1948 Willys CJ-2A

Woking on a buying a 1947 CJ-2A

1992 Jeep YJ, Yeah it has square headlights, but I would not trade it for anything.

2000 Jeep Chreokee

and a 1979 Dodge PowerWagon

I also had a 94 Wranger that I rolled on my way to work one day!

The last year in the Wrangle line I liked was the 95, the last year for the YJ. For some reason I just never liked the newer body style, although I am not sure why.

I am currious though if the new one pictured above in this thread will have a soft top avalible? It looks as if they are trying to get away from the soft tops.

Anyway, not sure what the point of my post was, but nice to finally make a post.

This is my first post to TPR. I have been a long time listener, first time caller, but this topic just sparked my interest. One thing I like more than riding coasters is Jeeps. I am a huge fan of Jeeps and older Crystler products.

I have a few Jeeps:

1946 Willys CJ-2A

1948 Willys CJ-2A

Woking on a buying a 1947 CJ-2A

1992 Jeep YJ, Yeah it has square headlights, but I would not trade it for anything.

2000 Jeep Chreokee

and a 1979 Dodge PowerWagon

I also had a 94 Wranger that I rolled on my way to work one day!

The last year in the Wrangle line I liked was the 95, the last year for the YJ. For some reason I just never liked the newer body style, although I am not sure why.

I am currious though if the new one pictured above in this thread will have a soft top avalible? It looks as if they are trying to get away from the soft tops.

Anyway, not sure what the point of my post was, but nice to finally make a post.

Nice to meet a fellow Jeeper and coaster enthusiast. Jeeps get in your blood to be sure. I have a friend with a 350 acre farm out in west Texas that has a '53 Willys and a '72 CJ5 that stay on the farm for off road transportation. Those old Willys are bullet proof.

Here is a small pic of my (really it's my wife's, but she let's me drive it ) Jeep the day I bought it:

^Dont rub it in. I had a friend let me test his 2.5 RS and it was NUTS. That WRX suspension is insanely tight and edgy and the near WRX motor (only missing the turbo) was extremely fun.

Some day...some day. Heck, Im only 22. I got some time.

I had a 98 Cherokee, but it was stolen last year. I've got a 2005 Liberty now. I'll probably buy Jeeps the rest of my life. I want something that is high off the ground, and I never had any problems with my cherokee even with 120+ thousand miles on it before the theft. I was sad to see it go, but I'm happy with the Liberty.