TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios IOA Next Attraction?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Universal has a contract with B&M. I believe they couldn't build an Intamin even if they wanted to. Besides, trying to install another coaster in Marvel, which is really a tiny area, would just make the entire area look like a cluttered Twisted Steel Land.

Sooo...did B&M build revenge of the mummy and flying unicorn?

Jarvis "those silly stipulations in contracts" Morant

I can buy Universal going with another B&M because they're reliable and quality rides, but I have to agree with others. I seriously doubt there is a contract floating around somewhere saying

"I, Universal Studios, promise to never ever buy a roller coaster type ride from Intamin AG out of Monthey Switzerland. If I do such an action, I hereby forfit both the Incredible Hulk AND Dueling Dragons roller coasters. I understand that if I would like a type of ride that Bolliger and Mabillard does not manufacture, I am allowed to explore other possible venues for such an attraction. These types of attractions may include kiddie coasters and indoor launched darkride/roller coaster combinations. However, if I ever desire to incorporate a hypercoaster into my arsenal of thrill rides, I MUST go to B&M, as they have such a type of ride in their catalog. By agreeing to this legal contract, B&M will, in return, not allow any other park to build a launched B&M coaster, nor will they permit another dueling inverted coaster from ever being manufactured outside of Universal corporation."

Sounds to me like B&M must have some pretty darn good lawyers working for them if they can get this. Kinda like how Cedar Point had a 3 coaster deal with them....yet Cedar Point only has 2 B&Ms...

^then taking it out was a complete waste. It will NEVER come back. It was removed while they were making the movie, so don't use that as an excuse. It may have been fun, but it won't come back.

(that sounded b*tchy, didn't it?)

Sounds to me like B&M must have some pretty darn good lawyers working for them if they can get this. Kinda like how Cedar Point had a 3 coaster deal with them....yet Cedar Point only has 2 B&Ms...

Ha ha ha.... Now that you've had your fun, I will gaurantee that you never see an Intamin at Universal.

I don't think there ever will be an Intamin at Universal. They built the first Jaws, and it hardly ever worked!

Intamin has done a lot of ride systems for Universal parks over the years. BTTF, Jaws, Kong, ET, the Hanna Barbera theater, Popeye's, and I think a few more.

Universal will go with whoever is the best combination of quality and price. I too find it hard to believe that they have an exclusive agreement with B&M unless the future B&M coasters are already agreed to. (so it makes no sense for Universal to turn elsewhere).

I've said it twice and I'll say it again. Dueling Screaming Velocirapters!

I envision the story to be like this. You are a pack of Velocirapters preparing to pounce upon your prey. Between you in a deep ravine sits an unsuspecting galimimus. Your Velocirapter themed cars climb two oposing cliffs and speed toward the crippled plant eater. At the last moment you attack thrusting out your big hook thingy toe. Like a pack of hungry great whites, you dart in and out ripping the tender flesh off the now pathetic animal. As you dart one last time between the legs of the monsterous galimimus. It, in a last ditch effort takes a huge crap on your head thus rendering your ride over.

Guy "Why have the Disney Imagineers never contacted me. I don't know." Koepp

Although this may not happen, I'm personally hoping for a wooden roller coaster in Jurassic Park. Disney's Animal Kingdom had an idea for a coaster called the Excavator, which would have had mine theming and you would dive in and out of caves. That would be a good idea for JP's wooden coaster.

Otherwise, we will have to settle for "Guy T. Koepp: The Ride."

Look here on Screamscape.com:

2007 - New Attraction / Jurassic Park - Rumor - (12/14/05) The latest rumor about the IOA 2007 project claims that Bob Gault (Head of Universal Orlando) mentioned that something major was on the way for 2007 at a recent manager’s meeting.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_orlando.htm

hmmm, well they are making a fourth and final Jurassic Park movie. ( in which I am so excited for)