TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg next coaster????

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep dreamin, if BGW was getting a coaster, there would have been huge rumors flying around the net for at least 6 months. Since I have heard no rumors about BGW, your probably going to get some new broadway style show that would ripoff another broadway show.

(See BGT's Katonga! and Lion King for that last sentence)

I've got to agree, no one has seen any site markers, ground clearance, or other site preparation. If by some slime chance they were going to put a coaster in this year, it would have to be something "off the shelf," and that's just not the style of any of the Anheiser-Busch parks.

Even a decent flat or dark ride would require some time to prepare for installation, so stand by for a parade, show or fireworks announcement.

Busch seems pretty smart...

They have a history of seeing how a ride performs before deciding to get a similar ride in another park. (ie why you don't see a wooden coaster at ANY other AB park!)

If SheiKra does what they want, I can see a version of it appearing at BGW at some point.

I think their next coaster will be a smaller coaster, something like a family coaster. I'm kind of surprised they got rid of Wild Maus and just didn't relocate it somewhere else in the park because all 4 coasters they have now seem like thrill coasters (maybe not to an enthusisast, but to a regular person, they see it as 2 coasters that have inversions, a giant coaster [Apollo] and Big Bad Wolf appears to be thrilling for a suspended).

Although not as bad, the same problem was at BGT 10 years ago. I remember visiting 10 years ago and EVERY coaster they had had inversions (Kumba, Montu, Python, Scorpion) which I think is kind of strange.

Where is Apollo #4???

Even if Big Bad Wolf is the best suspended in the world (which I wholeheartedly agree with) it still isn't in my top 30!

Interlocking loops...eh, not a big deal, it's pretty but doesn't really add anything to the ride.

I am in the 'Alpengeist pretty much sucks' camp...

As far as 'exclusive contracts'...I don't buy it with B&M, Busch, and Dive Machines. Dive machines aren't even new!

A new coaster is just what BGW needs. They haven't had a new coaster since Apollos Chariot. I wouldn't be suprised if they got a B&M. I have also never done anything on that Top 10 list!

Kevin"Hopefully I'll do Superman in SFA in a few months "Bujold