TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster Riding World Record

As far as I know the current record for the most continuos rides on a roller coaster is held by Richard Rodriguez who rode Expedition Ge-Force for 104 days. This beat his old record of riding the Boss at SFSTL for 100 days.

The Boss is my hometown coaster and if I ride multiple times I am bruised and have a headache. That just means I need a beer break before more coaster laps.

So my question to all you fine TPR folks: If you were to attempt to break Rodriguez's record, what coaster would you want to ride for 104+ days?

My choice: Raging Bull

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enthusiast Response: Superman Ride of Steel at SFNE

Surviving 104 days on a coaster practical response: a small flat kiddie ride with an accomodating train, a specific one doesn't come to mind.

What are the details about these records, did he have to ride the coaster for so many hours a day, did he have meal, toilet breaks?

Something really smooth, painless, and boring. But seriously I would not want to do that. I would imagine the guy would go insane after going through the same pattern of motion for thousands of times in a row. That and it would totally kill a ride for me to ride it so many times, I would never want to ride it again.

lol, I think a few people would know my answer, and no ROBB, i am NOT braging, But my choice would be Superman Escape at Movie World. Except the Roll Bars Hurt a little and leave nice bruises, either that or theres a SLC next Door . Or Tower of Terror could be a good Choice Too.

BTW, 50th Post

I think I'd probably go with Dominator or Apollo's Chariot. I would consider Hades as well.

Honestly though, I have no desire to ever do something like this. I love roller coasters, but not enough to waste 100 consecutive days of my life riding the same one.

well I got a big list I want either

-X

-Mr. Freeze

-Medusa

-top gun

-stealth/borg assimalator

-V2

-kong (who thinks my neck would snap before I am done)

-giant dipper at SCBB

This list will be updated soon. If it wasnt for school I would so do this on any of those rides. I wonder do they have to pay to do this

IIRC Richard Rodriguez had some severe dental problems during the marathon, due to the forces. The best advice would be to choose a fairly forceless ride with no inversions, that's very smooth.

Both Mummy's would be cool, but the backwards put could mess you up after awhile. I think that Apollo would be a great choice, as would Silver Star. RB, with all of the transitions, could wear you out after awile.

Personally, if I could pad the seats, Jaguar or Ripsaw would be a good choice. But for comfort, I think Coaster at the Puyallup Fair or High Roller at VF would be the best choices.

JJ