TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stealth at Thorpe Park

Hey coasterlover420 "Rocket" coasters have boring designs and layout's.

What about Storm Runner? Speed Monster ? Kanonen?

I cant understand people who are already ringing the park to see when it's opening

I think I'll goto Paultons Park instead on the opening weekend, at least Cobra has an interesting layout

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm Runner? Speed Monster ? Kanonen = these do have good layout designs, most of the Rocket coasters don't, depends on what the park want.

I'm going to Paulton's Park as well next week 18th March for the opening day of "Cobra". I'll meet you by the entrance of the ride..

I love those type of coasters, it will be more fun than "Stealth" and your be able to have more goes on "Cobra"

This is my fav layout, amazing: "Heiße Fahrt", shame Paulton's Park did not go for something like this, I know it's a kiddies park but you can have something like this for them to enjoy.

What is "Heiße Fahrt" like to ride..? Is it Airtime "Heaven"

Storm Runner? Speed Monster ? Kanonen = these do have good layout designs, most of the Rocket coasters don't, depends on what the park want.

I'm going to Paulton's Park as well next week 18th March for the opening day of "Cobra". I'll meet you by the entrance of the ride..

I love those type of coasters, it will be more fun than "Stealth" and your be able to have more goes on "Cobra"

This is my fav layout, amazing: "Heiße Fahrt", shame Paulton's Park did not go for something like this, I know it's a kiddies park but you can have something like this for them to enjoy.

What is "Heiße Fahrt" like to ride..? Is it Airtime "Heaven"

Without going too far of subject, re. Stealth, "Heiße Fahrt" is a very good little coaster, to give you some idea on how much airtime you get.

Have a look at 1 of my pics of it on my Flickr pages

Hey coasterlover420 "Rocket" coasters have boring designs and layout's.

They should have more banked curves and "Airtime" hills, not just have a vertical up/vertical down and 1/2 a camel hill with the brakes on the other side so you don't get any "airtime". A waste of money

We should get a Pertition to send to the manufactures to say to them Coaster fans need better layouts and designs

Remember that the manufacturers gives the parks what they wants. Im sure Thorpe Park could get a rocket coaster with airtime hills and turns if they wanted to. Rides like Storm Runner, Kanonen and Speedmonster shows that Intamin are perfectly capable of delivering coasters with great layouts, but its not up to them to decide what the layout will be. Its the parks that does that

I shall be looking forward to my first ride on Stealth but I won't be queing for it if there is a long que, I would que for a couple of hours for KK or TTD as they are the 2 tallest + fastest coasters, I would also Que longer for Storm Runner + Xcellerator because they have interesting layouts, but Stealth's just looks boring, rides stats say that from the launch to the brakes is about 8 seconds, at least Rita's is about 20 seconds, I think I will end up prefering Rita as it's constant speed!

I will probably enjoy it, but I won't ride it as much as I do Nemesis Inferno!

Hopefully everyone queing for this will make other que's shorter!! But then I say this everytime a new ride is built, but its never happens!

Stealth open today. Luckily it open at lunchtime for the ride it 1st winners before the public could ride (about 45min later). Was one train all day but the queue went quite quickly. The ride it self was all right (not going to blah about the layout) just ends so quickly when it’s about to get good. The launch isn't that bad quite enjoyed it. But for me Xcelerator still the best for me.

Best bit of the day, an pigeon getting hit dead on over the airhill

Below some pic’s I took from today and Stealth mini be update with some more photo from today. - http://stealth.thorpepark.com/photo_diary/photo_diary.asp?css=2

http://nemesisbloodzone.fotopic.net/c891715.html (more pic's I added)

DSCF0039.jpg.b39ef2370b3b977bf3931ecee9cdf58d.jpg

Airtime hill, you get a bit, but the brakes kick in quick.

DSCF0014.jpg.a72a278785a0904c44a931541c1b9645.jpg

Down to earth!

DSCF0013.jpg.2cdb72981935b4fdd03ddbd9e9e8a4a2.jpg

Train Launch - 0 to 80mph in 2.3 sec's

DSCF0002.jpg.6ec5c225b24c374002ac1a434283bff7.jpg

You get a nice view that the top.

I'm going to Thorpe tomoroww, to be honest I'm not looking forward to it that much, it seems a waste to launch the train to 80mph then up & down 1 hill then brakes, at least with Rita theres more to it!

It must be horrible to be travelling at about 80mph then come into some brakes to a nearly complete stop! But I'll find out what its like tomorrow!

Also on Thorpes website theres a Q & A about Stealth, and someone asked: Why are there 3 trains when you can only operate 2 at a time? and the man answering them said: We will have 2 trains in operation for everyday of the season, the third is incase theres a problem!!

But you just said there was only 1 train?

Did you see anyone "chuck" like on the Icon for Stealth...?

Do you get at the top of the Top-Hat..

Don't get what you mean about chuck , but as for airtime from the tophat you get a bit and get pulled over when returning in the back seats.

But you just said there was only 1 train?

It was running one train out of the 3 it has. (can only run 2 at a time)

He's talking about the 'sick face' Stealth graphic. And as far as I'm aware, no one was sick today.

Anyway...Stealth blew me away. The sensations that your body is put through during the launch and top hat are really something else.

I came off the ride buzzing, and so did everyone else by the looks and sounds of it. The staff were great. Interacting with guests and making sure everyone was having a good time.

Thorpe have done a grand job with Stealth. The wait was certainly worth it.

Some photos below. More on my photo page.

SSA50473.JPG.c66bdb6cdff2dd52378213a2c92c7a5c.JPG

SSA50471.JPG.e17676213f979dac7ab204ce1976b5d0.JPG

SSA50458.JPG.1a147d83704b1ed0c522048c19462a16.JPG

Burger King extension is a temporary dancefloor!

SSA50456.JPG.92436e2ae3d2c469245ccaf4a07dd3b4.JPG

Stealth from above

SSA50439.JPG.04c475b568e57a802ac5f2a28af3a550.JPG

Entrance tyre

SSA50437.JPG.4a04802b51e935874c77b43335aea26c.JPG

Group photo

SSA50436.JPG.c887ee1421ee33a1edc3428892a1fa7a.JPG

Another tophat shot

SSA50434.JPG.dc29fc19c2aaed83a37d7d887456cfa9.JPG

Stealth launch

SSA50426.JPG.3cfee0888c7683d9de1b3714c07da759.JPG

WWTP Radio which broadcasted throughout the Stealth area including the queueline.

SSA50416.JPG.cd7cd1366929f431c25251a21043feb6.JPG

tophat

SSA50415.JPG.eaf945689fe423a98bd7e041df0dbd3a.JPG

Signage

SSA50414.JPG.e5bcbbf4d07610705a5b8d5968396cd2.JPG

Rich at the front of the queue

SSA50413.JPG.f80d8f3ef23a8ad9ba935230ca726eac.JPG

Queue for the first ride

Got on Stealth today finally, after spending an hour and a half on Colossus's lifthill from the powercut. Once we were evacuated we were away! Stealth is great, like someone said above, I think Xcelerator is still a better launch, but this comes close. Anyway, I took a load of photos too! Here's some of the best ones:

Stealth is awesome. Ok, it breaks no boundaries, but it does what it's supposed to do very well, and is exactly what Thorpe Park and the UK needed.

It rides very similarly to Xcelerator's launch/top hat. The launch packs a punch and the top hat segment is great - a quick twist up and an incredible free-fall down. Great view at the top too, as well as a nice pop of air (at the front especially!).

The bunnyhop is surprisingly excellent too - the brakes don't really have a bad effect on the ride. You get a great sensation of speed on exiting the top hat and going up and over the bunnyhop, as well as another crazy second or two of airtime. You then come to a brisk but smooth stop.

Other points:

- Thorpe have done a great job on the Amity Speedway area.

- Stealth is soooo smooth - I didn't even notice the OTSRs. (Whether it stays this way remains to be seen).

- They've got an excellent way for riders to leave their loose articles - you hand them over to a counter at the station, in exchange for a numbered wristband. After your ride, you hand in your wristband and get back your possessions. It's a great system and ensures you can ride in peace of mind!

All in all, yes, Stealth is nothing 'revolutionary' and is very short but for Thorpe Park and the UK it's everything that was needed. 15 seconds of pure unparalled adrenaline. I give it two thumbs up, and it's certainly a Top 3 UK coaster (behind good ol' Nemmy and Megafobia!).

I went with two of my friends to Thorpe Park today (Thursday 16th March). The weather forecast wasn't the best - a symbol of a black cloud with a snow flake and a rain drop coming out of it, and a maximum temperature of 5 degrees C (or 41 degrees F) - but this little excursion had been planned weeks in advance, so there was no way we were changing our plans; especially since Stealth had opened to the public yesterday!

We had a brilliant day, although it was really very cold (definitely below the forecast maximum for most of the day!) - to the point where, later in the afternoon, we were told that it was too cold for Nemesis Inferno to run and (unless there was another reason) I guess the weather was also responsible for Stealth not running from mid afternoon onwards.

Stealth was fantastic on the rides we did get, though! The launch was very similar to Xcelerator - i.e. lots of fun! There was airtime on the top hat, definitely (although not quite as much as on Xcelerator). The front of the train gave some fun negative Gs on the airtime hill too, although the very back of the train seemed to have slowed too much (as a result of the brakes) to get all that much. That said, I seemed to get really stapled in each time when the ride ops were doing their checks, so that would have had a big effect! Plus the track would have been very cold too - I expect there's probably more airtime to be had on a sunnier day!

Here are some pictures from our fun day out:

Robin

P.S. They seemed to be fiddling with Slammer today, so that was out of action. Otherwise everything else (except Tidal Wave, Pirates 4D and Miss Hippo's Jungle Safari!) seemed to be running - well, on and off at least!

1877879515_10stealthclosed.JPG.0978460305334b1859bf87c905a8b85c.JPG

And may the bird that Stealth killed yesterday also rest in peace. Thanks for reading and sorry the pictures aren't so great - it was a bit of a grey day!

354125586_09testriderrip.JPG.2103252ebcfb4da5879a8a70075ad30c.JPG

We spotted a pile of Stealth's test dummies. May they rest in peace - especially the one Robb and Elissa made friends with in their construction update!

764199987_06colossusrestraints.JPG.2d0cc1d2ca1fdfb0d2f862b4b2185094.JPG

Colossus seemed so much smoother than my last ride a few years ago. Plus the restraints it sports now (not sure when they were changed from the really heavy cream-coloured ones) seem to induce far less headbanging - thank goodness!

2099140741_05colossus.JPG.636fe74027c8b881c9d9a6f1e7753443.JPG

Colossus, which had some technical problems in the morning but was running by the afternoon.

1549794213_04mist.JPG.ba53e992c0822f42a75ba0252d75d54d.JPG

There seemed to be way too much mist in Nemesis Inferno's 'volcano opening bit' for such a cold day - brrrrr!!!!

1655966419_03stillwaitingforstealth.JPG.ce77957c8b0d0aeb7bd87f2201417013.JPG

And still waiting... but it was definitely worth the wait!

1811069498_02waitingforstealth.JPG.b57810bf3e9952b3bb191c4149ef8ad4.JPG

Waiting excitedly for Stealth to open up!

After sitting with martyn on Collossos's lift hill for a couple of hours i got an exit pass to ride this thing. (and a cold grrrr). great ride. much much better than i expected. but having not ridden any launched coaster bigger than this i cant really compare... but it does knock ritas socks off.

Are they trying to make some sort of racist statement with those dummies? White supremacy?!

Also, Colossus used to have dark, chestnut brown restraints. They were smaller and used to pin you by the shoulders as opposed to the thighs.

They were changed because it was discovered people could stick their legs outside the train and get them trapped against the lifthill evac' stairs or the brake run gangway. The new restraints holding you by the legs obviously don't allow that.

^ That's weird. I loved the old ones..

Hmmm, you ARE older than me, so I assume bigger than me also. Maybe that's why the newer ones fit you bitter. Different body size.

Either way, I'm jealous that it was changed for the BETTER in your case

Oh, the topic is Stealth?

Well, yeah, its really really cool. The airtime on that bunnyhop hill is immense.

It hasn't quite got the edge that Xcellerator has though. I'm hoping this is down to age and wearing-in factors, but it's more than likely because of the lapbar... =(