TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stealth at Thorpe Park

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was another one of those who voted Humdinger in the poll. It's a shame they werent daring enough to call it this. Ah well, Stealth will do. Love it's funky logo.

I'm actually looking forward to riding this in March (or Feb if I win a test ride) un-like some enthusiasts out there The whole 'its a smaller version of Kingda Ka' crap doesn't really wash with me I' m afraid (its not as if I'm going to ride KK soon anyway), it's going to be one hell of a rush and should go down a storm with the general public, many whom won't know of the other Rockets out there except for Rita, which is more 'launched figure of eight' anyway.

Sometimes I think coaster enthusiasts are FAR too picky for their own good.

I'm not denying that. The point that I was trying to get across is how sick I am of those who dismiss Stealth, simply for being a smaller version of a coaster that is already in existense.

That sort of thing really gets my goat as well. I'm looking forward to riding Stealth. While I'm almost certain it won't be my favourite ride probably not even my top 10 by the end of 2006, the launch will be incredible.

It's gonna be a huge ride that will make a big name for Thorpe Park, and is a huge step forward for UK thrill rides in general.

US coaster enthusiasts, must remember not all european coaster fans can fly all the way to america just to ride a launched coaster so this coaster will obviously be a huge hit as it is something completely different for european enthusiasts and it is not to far away for many european enthusiats. Remember it is not the size that matters it's how they use it. Stealth will be an amazing coaster for the european GP and enthusiats, and why slate a coaster down due to its size, and stealth is not a clone, a clone is an identical replica and stealth has no downwards twist on the top hat, so it is a near clone. Also just to let people know stealth will have its own LIVE DJ operating from next to its station so the same song will never be repeated. Stealth will be an amazing coaster for all to enjoy. GET READY TO SCREAM.

I'm not denying that. The point that I was trying to get across is how sick I am of those who dismiss Stealth, simply for being a smaller version of a coaster that is already in existense.

That's your opinion & far enough .. I'm not arguing with your comments.

But below are my opinions.

Stealth is a better name than Humdinger any day ,but does fit around the theming of the area it's situated in & it's great looking colour scheme.

You say it yourself - Stealth is a smaller copy of a existing coaster - in my view that's a wasted opportunity ! When with a little foresight they could have had something like Storm Runner, Superman at WBMW Australia or even Speed monster

I've been on TTD and loved it, I'm sure I'll like Stealth too & will ride it many times over the years to come

Paul 'Sorry just not over excited about this coaster' Chapman

Tom (Shockwave): You have a brilliant point there, Stealth is a step forward for the UK, by introducing the top hat. But like you said it wont be in my top 10 either.

I think airtime should be good, I hear Excelerators is good. And Stealth is simular to it in hieght and speed.

Tom (Shockwave): You have a brilliant point there, Stealth is a step forward for the UK, by introducing the top hat. But like you said it wont be in my top 10 either.

I think airtime should be good, I hear Excelerators is good. And Stealth is simular to it in hieght and speed.

Next year I'll be riding a possible 4 new Accelerators. Stealth, Kanonen, Speed Monster and Xcelerator. Stealth will be the first one I try, so it'll set the benchmark for the rest. But I have a funny feeling that when all is said and done, I'll end up liking the other 3 rides more. But still, don't knock it till you've tried it.

Maybe I gonna ride Stealth also next year. I'm not looking really forward to it because its again a TTD/KK clone with the top-hat. The launch will be incredible, no doubt about that. Just feel the different between Vekoma launching (Rock'n Rollercoaster Disney) ore the Intamin launching coaster (Rita - Alton Towers), that's huge. The Intamin's are more powerfull but even nice.

The name isn't bad but it's the same as the projectname was, that's not so originel than. I would se another projectname than, ohwell, the ride will be good I think!

I don't dislike the ride because it's a smaller version of the Kingda Ka.. (It isn't btw cause it doesn't have a 270degree spiral)

It's the fact Thorpe could've got a much better ride in the space that they have. Something unique and exciting that really would catch my eye.. Instead they go for the easy option and plonk in Stealth.

One of the worst Name to Theme connections ever.

Just to let ALL you people know STEALTH was in the design stages YEARS ago because of planning permission this coaster was designed BEFORE kingda ka was ever designed so you cannot have a go at thorpe park as there rocket coaster was planned before kingda Ka.

If you want to know why this is and how I know it is because of a few problems.

1. Planning permission in the UK is Much harder than in the US a project like this would have taken years to of most likely been accepted, as alot of compromising was taken place all the time, so the coaster must have been designed first, so stealth was planned before KK so if anything is a clone it is KK.

How do I know this, Thorpes local council they had these plans for stealth submitted ages ago around 2003.

And because a coaster is a clone does not mean it is crap, this coaster will have an intense launch the top hat will be intense and amazing some high G forces and Sick airtime what more could you want from a coaster.

Just to let ALL you people know STEALTH was in the design stages YEARS ago because of planning permission this coaster was designed BEFORE kingda ka was ever designed so you cannot have a go at thorpe park as there rocket coaster was planned before kingda Ka.

I can bet you that Ka was in design even before that. Remember, Dragster was in "design" for 4 years including build time. I would bet that KK started design 1 year or so after TTD started design. These things do take time to design, you just dont plop one down in a years time.

So yes, I bet KK was in the plans before but the public didnt know. Intamin knew and Im sure they told them "hey, we think this would fit perfectly in this spot" but without telling them they were designing a larger one at the time.

At any rate it doesnt matter. It will be 10 times better than KK ever could or will be.

STEALTH UPDATE:

Well the closed season is well underway and stealth is getting a much deserved landscape makeover, the whole area around stealth is being themed to fit amity cove a 50's fishing harbour.

Stealth is meant to be the name of the car YOU race at over 80mph. The reason for the name stealth is not yet known but I beleive the speed of the coaster seems to make it look invisible. Also there has been rumours of stealth having Speakers in the back of the seats and the ride is meant to go to music or to add sound effects, and maybe also A guy talking to you.

The ride is meant to be about you in the car STEALTH racing against another car you cant see. And with the speakers I can only come to a conclusion that It would be like the driver talking to you with sound effects etc.

Also there as been rumours of a pool, (not for swimming but for decor) being built underneath the top hat.

The area is being landscaped ready for febuary, and signs have been put up saying Amity Speedway Presents stealth.

There is alot of exciting developments going on, and also NETS have been put up underneath the airtime hill for safety reasons. The picture below points out the NETS and one of many signs being put up.

Oh yeah and one other thing:

VIDEOS: THANKS TO TUSSAUDS ZONE, just look how fast the train goes over the bunny hop, AIRTIME.

http://www.tussaudszone.com/Thorpe/Features/Closed%20Season/videos/DSCF0011.AVI

http://www.tussaudszone.com/Thorpe/Features/Closed%20Season/videos/DSCF0012.AVI

Looking at those videos stealth looks intense.

Aww, they could've come up with a more creative name than this. How about "Bob: King of Speed" (Rita's husband)? Or "Bottom Thrill Dragster"? Hmph.

Tell me, what does stealth have to do with racing anyway?

Super "Anything other than a repeat of its development name!" Dasher

• 2 weeks later...