TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your 2005 Year In Review!

Saw this over at Ted's www.coasterfanatics.com and thought it might be fun to do here also....just copy and paste the form and add your answers! Answer as many or as few as you like!

--Your 2005 year in review:

One of our busiest years EVER! Started off in Miami, then onto Silver Bullet, then to Buzz, visited Zion, Silver Dollar City and Florida in the spring; massive Europe trip in the summer; Wisconsin Dells, Denver, Vegas and Orlando in the fall (well end of summer & fall) and ending up wiht our Asia trip in the winter! How will we ever top that in 2006???

--Your First Coaster Of the Year:

You know, I'm not 100% sure. I think it might have been one of the coaters at Cypress Gardens, but I can't remember if we did that the last few days of 2004 or the first days of 2005!

--Your last coaster of the year:

Space Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland about 1 hour before midnight on New Year's Eve!

--Best new steel to me:

I can't decide on just one! I think it's got to be a tie between Powder Keg, Winjas, and Katun! Although the "Abnormal Boomerang" at Walibi Rhone-Alpes and the "Dog Fart Coaster" are up there too!

--Best new wood to me:

It's between Hades and Avalanche, and I think Avalanche gets the slight edge. The "runner up" would be the Dania Beach Hurricane.

--Best new flat ride to me:

That INSANE "First I'm a Paratrooper, but WAIT, now I'm an Enterprise" Togo death machine we rode at Hamanako Pal Pal in Japan!

--Best new water ride to me:

We actually didn't do too many water rides this year (stupid Dan!) but probably the best ones were the Mack "Supersplash" rides (TusenFryd and Europa Park) or that psycho "Alien Encounter" splashdown/dark ride thing that the Onride.de guys tricked us into riding at Movie Park Germany!

--Best new dark ride/walk through to me:

Well, how can you go wrong with a Hello Kitty themed dark ride at Harmonyland? As for walk through, it's a toss up between the "Castle Mystery Tour" at Tokyo Disneyland or that bizarro "maze" thing we did at Mitsui Greenland! It's too bad that Bon Bon Land didn't have a true "dark ride" because I can only imagine that it would have been the best thing ever!!!!

--Best new water park attraction to me:

Crush N Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon! OMG, airtime on a water slide! Awesome!

--Best new park to me:

I don't think I can pick just one! Farup Sommerland was amazing, Bon Bon Land was just silly, Space World and Mitsui Greenland were both nice surprises, and Celebration City was like the perfect "Family Entertainment Center."

--Best park "moment" of the year:

Oh, by FAR watching Joey nearly kill himself at Toverland!!!! Dammit why didn't someone get that on tape!

--Best overall park "trip" of the year:

As awesome as the Europe trip was, that Japan trip we just took really kicked some serious ass, because...it's Japan!

--Worst new attraction (any kind) to me of the year:

As much as I hate to say it...Stitch at WDW. To think they took a prefectly good "original" attraction and turn it into this. Sorry Stitch Army guys....hopefully your next attraction will be better!

--Best event at a park:

Duh....the TPR meets and BBQ's of course! How can you not LOVE a day at the park, free food and video games?

--Best non-event day at a park:

There are three:

# 1 - Farup Sommerland - Far exeeded my expectations and we didn't even do that much coaster riding! Just an overall amazing park.

#2 - Halloween Horror Nights - Getting all us TPR members together for that night was probably one of the best park days I've had EVER! I think I've had more fun with our smaller, more personal group of members than ANY ACE or non-ACE sponsered park event!

#3 - "Snow Day" at Nasu Highland. I mean, we're riding coasters in 24 degree, snow banked filled weather. How more insane can you get???

--Best non-park related moment of the year:

My 4 four days in Portugal banging my head against the wall. "Everything you are looking for can be found on the moon."

--Favorite TPR post/thread of the year:

# 1 - "What would rides be like on the moon"

# 2 - Soren's Random TR's - ALL OF THEM!!!!

# 3 - Wes' MSPaint Random TR

--Best Amusement related news of the year:

Six Flags Management Turn Over

--Worst Amusement related news of the year:

Six Flags Astroworld closing.

--Ride that I had to rethink my opinion of in 2005:

There were two:

Tonerre De Zeus - which once ran AMAZING from '97 to '00 then ran like CRAP in 2002, ran AMAZING again during our visit in 2005.

Silver Star - really didn't like this at all in 2002, but came away really thinking this one one of the better B&M hypers in 2005.

--Hopes for 2006:

Six Flags' new management to clean up the parks!

Ok everyone, it's your turn!

--Robb

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To make this easier, here's the template to copy and paste. Answer as many or as few as you want:

--Your first coaster of the year:

--Best new steel to me:

--Best new wood to me:

--Best new park to me:

--Best event at a park:

--Hopes for 2006:

-My first coaster of 2005 was Kanonen on it's opening day.

-A few weeks later I went back to Liseberg with the Norwegian Coaster Club. We only got one ride on Kanonen due to technical difficulties later on that day, but we had the GREATEST time on Balder, it was dark and almost no line

-As every year, I went to Tusenfryd multiple times, got tired of Thundercoaster and followed the construction of the new unknown coaster (SpeedMonster)

-Went to the announcement day of SpeedMonster, 7/7/05

-Spent 2 weeks of my summervacation if Finland (where we used to live till '98 ), built a backyardcoaster and went to Särkänniemi.

-Went to my 2nd coaster trip ever in England, 2 days at Thorpe Park, 2 days at Alton Towers and one day at Drayton Manor Park.

-Went to Tusenfryd to have a look at SpeedMonster right before Christmas

So... I think I had a wonderful year But definately not as good as California in 2004!!!!!

I really upped my count this year with trips to CP, HP, SFNE, IoA, BGT and finishing my credits at Great Adventure

Incredible Hulk @ Islands of Adventure

Kingda Ka @ Six Flags Great Adventure

--Best new steel to me:

Superman: Ride of Steel @ SFNE. 'Nuff said.

--Best new wood to me:

Wildcat @ Hershey Park

maXair @ Cedar Point

Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls @ Islands of Adventure

Amazing Adventures of Spiderman @ Islands of Adventure

Typhoon @ SFNE's Hurricane Harbor. Airtime on a water slide!!!!!

--Best new park to me:

Islands of Adventure wins best "theme park". The level of theming in the park and the quality of the rides was amazing. Cedar Point gets best "amusement park"

Cresting TTD's tophat for the first time, seeing the lake.

Driving back from Chicago hitting Cedar Point and Hershey Park, but my BGT/IoA trip is very, very close.

--Most Dissapointing new attraction (any kind) to me of the year:

Millenium Force. I mean, people say that it's a #1 coaster, but it makes #6 on my list and I only have like 70 credits! It has no airtime at all, and riding a month after I rode S:RoS didn't help much either. Again, I'm not saying that it's bad, I'm just saying that I was dissapointed by it

--Best event at a park:

SP Holders only Easter at Great Adventure! No lines allowed many rerides including 7 in a row on Chiller 8)

My first full day at Cedar Point. I didn't wait on a line for anything except TTD, MF and maXair.

Six Flags for "families"

Mr. Six getting fired

Superman: Ultimate Flight. I didn't like the ride at all in 2004, but after a bunch of rides in 2005, the flyer is starting to grow on me.

--Hopes for 2006:

I get a boatload of back car rides on El Toro!

I switched "worst new attraction" to "most disappointing" because I didn't really ride anything that bad in 2005

--Your 2005 year in review: Really boring. Didn't really do that much, Great America once, Boardwalk a few times.

--Your first coaster of the year: Giant Dipper @ SCBB

--Your last coaster of the year: Giant Dipper @ SCBB

--Best new flat ride to me: Double Shot @ SCBB

--Best new dark ride/walk through to me: Ghost Blasters @ SCBB

--Best park "moment" of the year: Stripper pose on Tree Hopper @ PGA

--Best overall park "trip" of the year: CF-Live @ PGA

--Best non-event day at a park: same

--Best non-park related moment of the year: meeting my girl

--Favorite TPR post/thread of the year: not sure....

--Best Amusement related news of the year: the Double Shot @ SCBB

--Worst Amusement related news of the year: Greased Lightnin'/Tidal Wave still sitting at SFMW

--Ride that I had to rethink my opinion of in 2005: none, didn't ride any new ones

--Hopes for 2006: more parks

Very boring year.

Not much happened, only one new credit. SheiKra at BGT.

Kumba at BGT.

Montu at BGT.

--Best new steel to me:

SheiKra at BGT.

--Best new wood to me:

Heh... wood... (Beavis and ButtHead laugh). No new wood for me.

Flat ride? Say this to all of the Florida parks since there are little flat rides in our parks.

SheiKra's water splash...

None.

None.

--Best new park to me:

None.

Being at SheiKra's opening day!

Howl-O-Scream visit at BGT. Montu was practically running trimless!

None.

--Best event at a park:

When Jennifer Lopez unleashed her taco flavored kisses and took over BGT for 5 seconds. Seriously though, nothing.

When... none...

The redneck kids at school crack me up and make my day. So, it deserves that moment.

Obviously either Thrillrides on the Moon or (this is more chatroom though) when goliathking asked "wut does lmao mean?" or "wut does tpr mean?"

Tatsu at SFMM announced.

Astroworld closing.

Montu at BGT, I realised how trimless Kumba was.

--Hopes for 2006:

That I have a good WDW vacation and hopes to get to Great Adventure.

My year started with a trip to Wild Adventures in the Spring, then I went on a 2 week road trip in June and rode almost 80 new coasters. Then on August 14, 2005 I rode the Great Gasp for the last time. Then the week after that, I went to Visionland, then over Labor Day weekend I went to Lake Winnie. My last trip of the 2005 season was going to Cypress Gardens, Old Town, BGT, IOA/USF over Xmas weekend.

Cyclone (SFoG)

ROTM (USF)

--Best new steel to me:

ShieKra

--Best new wood to me:

Phoenix

I didn't ride any *new* flat rides this year.

I didn't ride any water rides this year.

I didn't ride any *new* dark rides.

I didn't go to any water parks!

--Best new park to me:

Knoebels

Riding my 100th coaster

My road trip last June.

Darkcastle at (BGW) I didn't like it at all, Spiderman at IOA blows it out of the water IMO.

--Best event at a park:

The only event that I went to was SP day at SFoG.

It has to be when I visited SFA and it was raining the whole time I was there. I liked this park a lot since all the coaster were operating it the rain! It was a lot of fun riding all of there coasters in the rain.

Getting out of High School last May!:)

Soren's Random TR's

SFoG is getting a hyper coaster and it will be the first hyper coaster in the south.

Six Flags Astroworld closing (I wish I could have got the chance to visited the park before it closed )

The Hulk at IOA when I rode it back it 2002 or 2003 I liked it a lot. However, when I rode last month I didn't like it as much as I did when I rode it for the first time.

--Hopes for 2006: I hope Goliath at SFoG has a lot of airtime and I hope it brings a lot of people to the park. I hope I get to ride over 100 new coasters next year which won't be hard since I will get about 85 new credits on the UK Trip. I also hope that the new management that SF has works out well for all of the SF parks.

This year was actually pretty good and unique. I started the season like I usually do at my home park, SFKK, in April. Then in May, it was off to CP to start my summer of indentured slavery. In June, I ventured down to Texas for an Indycar race and a visit to SFOT, which was awesome. Later that month I went to Geauga Lake with a bunch of coworkers from CP. The park was depressing, but still had a great time. July was the big month. Finally made it to Michigan's Adventure and then went on a road trip to the Dells, SFGAm, and Indiana Beach. I then went coasterless until October when I finally made it to PKI for the first time in two years. I closed out the year with the Beech Bend announcement and a short stop at SFKK. Overall, it was probably the best year I've had since 2000.

Chang at SFKK

Greezed Lightnin' at SFKK

--Best new steel to me:

Wow, this is tough. No one steel really blew me away. Italian Job is definately pretty high up there. I also really liked Shockwave and Runaway Mountain at SFOT, and Titan wasn't too shabby.

--Best new wood to me:

Wow, even harder. This is neck and neck between Shivering Timbers, Hades, and Avalanche. All three were stellar rides. They all compose my top 3 woodies.

Robocoaster at Mt. Olympus. The extra $2 for the extreme version was well worth it. I've never experienced anything like it in my life. Just imagine that you are Will Smith being thrown around by the birthing alien in the first Men In Black. The idea of putting one of these bad boys on a coaster like what was displayed at IAAPA in '04 is crazy.

Actually, unfortunately, I don't think I rode any new water rides.

Den of Lost Thieves at IB. I had never been on a Sally dark ride so I wasn't sure what to expect. It wasn't anything to go ga-ga over but I still like it a lot. It's much more fun than Scooby at PKI.

The only new water park was Soak City. We ran out of time at SFGAm. Soak City didn't really have anything thing that I could say was the best.

--Best new park to me:

SFOT. This park rocks. They have an excellent coaster collection, the best bumper cars ever, beautiful theming and scenery, and a decent flat collection (which is now even better).

Probably when Bryan humiliated an immature and obnoxious teen that was pestering us in line for Hades. The line he used was so good, I'm not even going to repeat it so that he can still keep the glory of using it. If you really want to know, pm me.

The Road Trip with Bryan to the Dells, SFGAm, and IB.

Probably Scooby's Ghoster Coaster at PKI. I think my cash and prizes are still swolen from the tiny cars and those stupid brakes.

--Best event at a park:

The Beech Bend announcement of course! Ok, so it wasn't an event that you are probably thinking of, but I still had a really good time.

Well, the day at the Dells with Bryan was awesome as was SFOT with my bro, but the best would have to be my day at Geauga Lake with so many of my buddies from CP. We pretty much had the park to ourselves the entire day and we just lived it up and had a great time.

The Texas Indycar race. Not only was the race incredibly exciting, we (my bro and I) got to meet and chat with our favorite driver after the race in his hauler where he ended up giving us his racing gloves. Overall, the trip was the single best road trip I've ever been on.

#1 European Extravaganza

#2 Holding your breath reduces negative g's. I'm still boggled that the thread has even produced 3 pages of responses.

The Voyage.

Astroworld closing.

Beast. What once was a great ride is now nothing but a waste of good space and perfectly good firewood.

--Hopes for 2006:

The Voyage, Goliath, El Toro, and the Rumbler are all as good as they look. I'm personally hoping to break the 200 credit mark. Right now, this year looks to be the best I've ever had, with a trip to Orlando in two weeks, Vegas in March, a southeast roadie in April, the Voyage and Rumbler in May, and an East Coaster on the board for sometime in the summer. Plus whatever else may come up.

Went to Ocean City, NJ (Playland and Gillian's) multiple times, Dorney once, Hershey twice and Morey's once. It was a big coaster year for me because I had a lot of firsts: First invert, First B&M, First Floorless, First coaster with an inversion other than a loop, First Boomerang etc.

Flitzer at Playland

SooperDooperLooper at Hershey

--Best new steel to me:

Talon

--Best new wood to me:

Great White

Zoom Phloom at Morey's

Alien ride at Gillian's (only new dark ride I went on this year)

--Best new park to me:

Morey's Piers

Pulling into the parking lot at Dorney in September and seeing the parking lot had maybe 300 cars in it.

October 30th trip to Hershey where no coaster had more than a 10 minute wait

Sea Serpent (Boomerang) at Morey's

The Asia trip thread

New Dark Ride for Hershey

Astroworld Closing

--Hopes for 2006:

Finally getting to Cedar Point. Getting the credits I missed at Hershey, Dorney and Morey's Piers.

I started with Heide Park, next Holiday Park, Hansa Park, a few little Parks and fairs in Germany, the fantastic 3 day trip with Robb and Elissa and at the end Europa Park!

That is easy, it was Colossos at Heide Park.

That was Olympia Looping at our fair “Bremer Freimarkt”.

--Best new steel to me:

# 1 - It was the first time I have ridden Winjas at Phantasialand and it was really funny.

# 2 – Booster Bike at Toverland

Super Splash at Europa Park.

Definitely Joes near to death experience at Toverland.

The 3 day trip with robb and Elissa was really the best trip.

The moment I opend my Disney package, to work at WDW and the last weekend in 2005, because there I´ve met an old friend I havn´t seen for more then 1 ½ years!

# 1 – Robb´s “European Ongoing PTR”

# 2 – Robb´s “TPR Returns To Asia Ongoing PTR”

# 3 – All the Disney PTR threads.

Space Center Bremen is bought by Triple Five and will reopen in 2006.

Bandit at Movie Park Germany. It was good in 1998, now it is really rough and bad!

--Hopes for 2006:

To visit a lot of Parks and friends at my year in the USA.

--Sören

Year in Review: I got a SF season pass and went to SFGAM 10 times. I also went to SFSTL, Mt. Olympus, and Timber Falls. I rode 18 new coasters and rose my coaster count to 28.

-Your first coaster of the year: Raging Bull

--Your last coaster of the year: Rajin cajun

--Best new steel to me: Raging Bull

--Best new wood to me: Hades

--Best new flat ride to me: umm...The only non coaster rides I rode were water rides. lol

--Best new water ride to me: loggers run

--Best new water park attraction to me: Hurricane Harbour

--Best new park to me: SFSTL

--Best overall park "trip" of the year: SFGAM-June 3

--Worst new attraction (any kind) to me of the year: Hurricane Harbour

--Best event at a park: Fright Fest

--Best non-event day at a park: June 3

--Favorite TPR post/thread of the year: umm...none

--Best Amusement related news of the year: El Toro/Goliath(La Ronde)

--Worst Amusement related news of the year: Tornado-SFGAM

--Ride that I had to rethink my opinion of in 2005: IJST

--Hopes for 2006: To go on my large east coast trip with other trips to SFKK, SFSTL, and SFGAM

Well, I received a Cedar Point Season Pass for my birthday in February, so I went 5 times this year: May 14-15; July 1; July 25; July 28-29; October 9. My family also managed to make it to WDW at the end of August. My dad found a code on MouseSavers that let you get a FREE Dining Plan, and we racked up about $1500.

Magnum XL-200. This is a new tradition now; my first and last rides of the trip are always this classic hyper.

Magnum.

--Best new steel to me:

Top Thrill Dragster. Rode it for the first time on May 15th.

--Best new wood to me:

No new woodies this year.

If you can count Soarin' as a "flat" ride, then that takes the cake.

None I can remember. Splash Mountain at WDW has always been my favourite water ride.

Though I'd experienced it during last year's (2004) Halloweekends, the Fright Zone still holds the #1 spot for me.

If I'd had the opportunity to go on Crush 'n Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon, that would be my pick.

--Best new park to me:

No new parks this year! It's always been Cedar Point and Disney World for me.

More like "moments"... every time during the August WDW trip, when we'd get a bill each meal, with all food items listed, saying $0.

CP: May 14-15 weekend (took my firend, best time I've ever had at a park)

WDW: August 21-31

Stitch's Great Escape. I actually don't mind it as much as most people, though... then again, I'd never seen Alien Encounter, either.

You mean there's more to life than theme parks, roller coasters, and donkeys?

The "Wonders of Life Sponsor" thread.

"The Making of Me: Sponsored by Siemens"

When Bush tried to open a locked door in China. It was much to my amusement.

--Hopes for 2006:

I hope I can ride Expedition: Everest (10 times in a row, of course).

Not a bad year at all, thanks to a trip that got me to SFGAdv, BGW, SFA and PKD, first time to all.

Medusa at SFMW, my home park

Medusa at SFMW...it's like, um, a tradition

--Best new steel to me:

Apples and oranges. 4-way tie-ish: KK, Nitro, S:ROS at SFA, Alpengeist

Tomb Raider at PKD...great for a Top Spin

Escape from Pompeii...short but hot

Curse of DarKastle...props to the Borg thingy at Star Trek: The Experience, but it's not really a dark.

Tornado at SF WaterWorld, Concord..sorry, but I love the funnel

--Best new park to me:

SFGAdv for rides, BGW for the total experience

Realizing that KK was running the morning I got there, especially since, in early June, it had been down for weeks (and would soon be down again)

Well, that East Coast jaunt

--Most disappointing new attraction (any kind) to me of the year:

Hypersonic XLC...Jesus, that thing is painful...Oh, and Volcano being down both days I was at PKD

Hiking around Chimborazo, an 18,000-foot volcano in Ecuador. (I was "only" at 15,500 ft.) The other moments I can think of are rated NC-17.

# 1 - the endurance and good manners of the Sexual Orientation thread at Random

Six Flags Management Turn Over

Six Flags New Orleans. 'Nuff said.

--Hopes for 2006:

That when I get to BGT in two weeks, SheiKra will be running...and will be a walkon. And that I'll be queuing up for some great ride when I hear Bush has resigned.

--Your 2005 year in review: I finally starting riding coasters again (meaning stuff larger and faster than Space Mountain). Went from about 6 credits to 47 credits this year. First visits to IOA, Carowinds, and SFoG, as well as Disney's AK.

--Your first coaster of the year: Jan. 15th: WDW's Space Mountain (Its 30th anniversary.

--Your last coaster of the year: Dec 17th: Disney/MGM's Rock n Rollercoaster (Leanne's Mom's first ride)

--Best new steel to me: Dueling Dragons Ice

--Best new wood to me: Gwazi Tiger (lol. I have only been on a few)

--Best new flat ride to me: Danny's Phantom Flyers at Carowinds...Crazy snapping on this one.

--Best new water ride to me: Duddly Do Right's Ripsaw Falls.

--Best new dark ride/walk through to me: Adventures of Spiderman

--Best new water park attraction to me: Those crazy tall slides at the Waterworks at Carowinds..we almost drowned on those...but very fun.

--Best new park to me: Islands of Adventure

--Best park "moment" of the year: Our TPR trip to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

--Best overall park "trip" of the year: That weekend with the TPR Florida gathering

--Worst new attraction (any kind) to me of the year: Stitch's Great Escape

--Best event at a park: MNSSHP parade.

--Best non-event day at a park: MNSSHP 2006

--Best non-park related moment of the year: Our first wedding anniversary.

--Favorite TPR post/thread of the year: I think the contest that gives everyone the chance to edit one of R&E's videos. That was fun

--Best Amusement related news of the year: Many new wooden coaster announcements (Voyage, El Toro, Kentucky Rumbler..etc)

--Worst Amusement related news of the year: 4-year-old death on Mission:Space (and the media trying to pin it on Disney)

--Ride that I had to rethink my opinion of in 2005: BGT's Scorpion (I rode it in the early 80's and I never rode an invereting coaster again until 2005) I like it now though.

--Hopes for 2006:

To get my coaster count to over 100 credits this year.

Three Words: WISCONSIN STATE FAIR

Probably Big Thunder or Screamin'.

Space.

--Best new steel to me:

Dragonheart Looping at Wisc. State Fair.

--Best new wood to me:

The Balder clone as WSF.

Sure.

The Balder clone with the splashdown ending at WSF.

Finally one I can answer seriously: Buzz!

Uhh.

--Best new park to me:

Wisconsin State Fair.

Riding Dragonheart Looping with Huey Lewis at WSF.

Gee...hmmm....

--Best event at a park:

Solace, but only because watching Sabado Gigante in the hotel room was more awesome than any coaster event ever.

The week I worked down at DLR.

LCD Soundsystem concert in May or Of Montreal concert in June..

"What would rides be like on the moon"

--Hopes for 2006:

FLORIDA IN MARCH, FINALLY!!: EVEREST, IOA, BGT, HALL OF PRESIDENTS!!!!!!!!

Hope to do a couple smaller weekend trips, too.

My 2005 year in review: My busiest coaster year of all time!! Disneyland, California Adventure, Magic Springs, Knotts Berry Farm, and Six Flags America. I went to Washington and California, I also made Knotts Khristmas. which got me a free dvd, woot!

My first coaster of the year: Big Thunder Mountain, the wildest ride in the wilderness!

My last coaster of the year: Superman Ride of Steel, gotta end my year with a bang.

Best new steel to me: This is the year I discovered Intamin with ROS and Xcelerator.

Best new wood to me: Wild One. An oldie but a goodie.

Best new flat ride to me: The Hawk, my new favorite flat ride.

Best new water ride to me: Grizzly River Rapids...fun?

Best new dark ride/walk through to me: Buzz Lightyear, the only new darkride for me.

Best new water park attraction to me: None

Best new park to me: Six Flags America was my only new one.

Best park "moment" of the year: filming my friends ride Arkansas Twister with their shirts over their eyes, LMFAO!!!

Best overall park "trip" of the year: Washington because I've never been there.

Worst new attraction (any kind) to me of the year: Mind Eraser! My second SLC, and the roughest ride I've ever ridden.

Best event at a park: none

Best non-event day at a park: too many..

Best non-park related moment of the year: Volunteering at "Boo at the Zoo"

Favorite TPR post/thread of the year: The Hottest Woman in the world thread....okay, my Disney parks

Best Amusement related news of the year: Magic Springs getting their highest attendance!

Worst Amusement related news of the year: Magic Springs getting the x-car

Ride that I had to rethink my opinion of in 2005: Looney Ballooney, why was I such a whore...?

Hopes for 2006: Walt Disney World , and more TPR fun and credits!

My 2005 year in review: A very good year for travel. Went to Vegas in January/February. England in June/July. Salt Lake City/Yellowstone in July.

My first coaster of the year: USH's Revenge of the Mummy on New Year's Day

My last coaster of the year: Colossus at SFMM

Best new steel to me: Nemises!

Best new wood to me: BPB's Wild Mouse. It's wild with a capital W.

Best new flat ride to me: Flying ACEs at Lagoon

Best new water ride to me: The Log Flume at Legoland UK

Best new dark ride/walk through to me: Hex

Best new water park attraction to me: That Lazy River at Lagoon-A-Beach

Best new park to me:It's a Toss up between Alton Towers and Blackpool Pleasure Beach. I liked them both for diffferent reasons.

Best park "moment" of the year: I loved being one of the only Americans at those parks mentioned above. I got a kick out of the reaction from some of the locals.

Best overall park "trip" of the year: England!

Worst new attraction (any kind) to me of the year:Rita.

Best event at a park: Solace

Best non-event day at a park: Either SFMM with R&E or the last time I was at Disneyland (it was DEAD).

Best non-park related moment of the year: Going to Yellowstone

Favorite TPR post/thread of the year: Can't narrow it down

Best Amusement related news of the year: The new rides for 2006

Worst Amusement related news of the year: The Sale of SFAW.

Ride that I had to rethink my opinion of in 2005: California Screamin'. While it's still a fun ride, the airtime is gone thanks to the trims.

Hopes for 2006: Going to Walt Disney World in a few weeks. As well as some other trips later in the year. Oh, and I'll receive my AA next semester.

--Your 2005 year in review: Not too many parks or coasters; I switched from a normal day job to selling P&C insurance this year. It's been tough, but will pay off soon.

--Your first coaster of the year: Screamin', MMadness, or Matterhorn.

--Your last coaster of the year: Canyon Blaster @ Adventuredome.

--Best new steel to me: Unfortunatly it is Silver Bullet, but that is by default.

--Best new flat ride to me: Belmont Park's (like LaRev at Knott's)

--Best new dark ride/walk through to me: Haunted House downtown San Diego, for Halloween

--Best park "moment" of the year: Freaky e-stop on Soarin' at DCA. Poor ride op was clueless we were supposed to evacuate due to a fire drill. When some other cast members ame into our flight area they were frantic and all of us who were aboard the "flight" rushed out panic style. Totally unexpected from Disney, and fun as hell once it was over.

--Best overall park "trip" of the year: No trips this year. My only vacation for pleasure this year was NYC, and sadly not during Cyclone's season.

--Worst new attraction (any kind) to me of the year: Silver Bullet. Nuff said.

--Best event at a park: Solace, again by default it wins.

--Best non-event day at a park: Drunk day at DLR. I was kidnapped by friends, forced to drink too much , and had an absolute blast.

--Best non-park related moment of the year: Shins at VeGoose, sunset set.

--Favorite TPR post/thread of the year: Homosexual poll, Asia trip, Julie's PTR's, and of course Coasters on the moon.

--Best Amusement related news of the year: Announcement of Voyage.

--Worst Amusement related news of the year: Astroworld closing. I used to go quite a bit growing up, and wasn't able to return in time to say goodbye to one of my childhood friends .

--Hopes for 2006: CAC (if M&D decide to do it again, I'm still pissed about missing it this year), Holiwood Nights (never made it to SRM), Zingo! (I'll be in my hometown Tulsa to help plan my HS reunion, but with Bell's hours it might not happen.)

Best New Steel for me: Both tracks of Dueling Dragons

Best New Wooden for me: No new woodies for me.

Best New Flat ride for me: Jumping (Huss JUMP 1)Much better then a JUMP 2

Best New Park for me:IOA This really blew me away!

Best ride photo: WDW's Good Tower of Terror.......Me looking like the decendent of Saten really cracked me up.

Best moment at theme parks none of you guys probably did: Having my school band go to Flordia during Spring Break and compeating at Universal and Marching in the Magic Kingdom playing "Pirates of the Carribbean" music. We dominated the contest at Universal and it was a bit magical marching in the MK.

Best new Dark ride for me: Tie between Spiderman and Cat in The Hat. Spiderman rocks and Cat in The Hat was a great ride that follows the book better then the movie.

Worst new ride: It's a NO brainer... Sitch's Great Escape When I saw the concept pictures for this I knew it would fail. I was 100% right, it's the worst thing in WDW. AE was my favorite attraction at WDW and now a crappy piece of junk is there. Disney is only keeping this thing to save face, even though to odds of it saving something is compared to you getting hit by a meator...twice...underground!

What I look forward to in 06. El Toro, the new drop ride for Silverwood, and my trip to Universal!!!!

--Your 2005 year in review: student taught, graduated college, got a job teaching, got accepted to UB for grad... ohhh coaster related?? I went to PCW in July, the Erie County Fair (although no coasters), and SFDL for Fright Fest (which was lame)

--Your first coaster of the year: Italian Job:Stunt Track at PCW... yay it has forces!

--Your last coaster of the year: Umm... either Viper or Superman at SFDL, can't really remember

--Best new steel to me: IJ:ST... yay it has forces!

--Best new wood to me: umm, didn't do any new wood this year. maybe next year i will experience some new wood. some good wood too hopefully. the song that just came on my itunes is "norwegian wood" isn't that ironic?

--Best new flat ride to me: The jump 2 at PCW

--Best new water ride to me: Unless riding coasters in the rain counts, I didn't go on any water rides this year!

--Best new dark ride/walk through to me: Scooby Doo's Haunted Mansion or whatever it's called, at pcw

--Best new water park attraction to me: didn't go on any water park stuff... I bought a new bathing suit and everything too, i was so disappointed.

--Best new park to me: Didn't go to any new parks! OMG i am lame! Somebody take me to a new park quick!

--Best park "moment" of the year: We got on Skyrider at PCW and it started POURING.. it was amazing. the second we got off the ride it stopped raining.

--Best overall park "trip" of the year: PCW was amazing. Probably because I traveled with three insane people.

--Worst new attraction (any kind) to me of the year: TOMB RAIDER AT PCW

--Best event at a park: What are these "events" you speak of

--Best non-event day at a park: pcw

--Best non-park related moment of the year: Hmmm I don't really have one specifically. Singing "Leaving on a jet plane" with my friends at our anti-valentine's day party was awesome though. Moving out of our apartment after graduation and we started crying was pretty intense.

--Favorite TPR post/thread of the year: the picture thread, cause i'm a camera whore and like to see the pics of other people also. i also enjoyed abusing the beer thread by posting pictures of crystal light

--Best Amusement related news of the year: IJ:ST at PKD. Hopefully this means people will be pulled to that ride, and away from the ones I want to ride! ::evil grin::

--Worst Amusement related news of the year: SFAW closing... I really wanted to go to that park some day.

--Ride that I had to rethink my opinion of in 2005: Thunder Run at PCW. I used to think it was awesome, but it has just lost its appeal for me.

--Hopes for 2006: hit coaster #50, maybe go to some events. I need some walkbacks, that would make my year. i love seeing things like that. i'm considering joining ACE, because i'm insane. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll hit coaster #60, but I'm not holding my breath. Meeting a few people I've met on TPR would be cool as well. Oh yeah I'll be going to BGW for the first time... I am very excited.

Lots of new coasters, new friends, great times.

Revenge of the Mummy, January 4

Top Gun The Jet Coaster, December 10

--Best new steel to me:

Apollo's Chariot - Busch Gardens Williamsburg

--Best new wood to me:

Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce

Bumper Cars - Hoffmans Playland

Ripsaw Falls (believe it or not January was the first time I rode!)

Haunted Mansion - Knoebels

Tornado - Six Flags Darien Lake/New England

--Best new park to me:

"Where are the seatbelts?"

Tough. Me and my two best friends living it up at Universal for half a week in Jan., or the summer road trip through Jersey and Eastern PA...

TOGO pain machines at Canada's Wonderland and Kings Dominion

--Best event at a park:

ACE Day at The Lake - July 23

Hershey - May 21(?) - we just had a blast at one of our favorite parks

Nothing really big happened to me this year I guess just living through 05 healthy and happy with my girlfriend is the best thing for me

Wes' post regarding the "where is Allisony2k" thread that got censored

Red Zone.

Bonehead call to close Astroworld

Great American Scream Machine @ SFOG - I used to love the thing but it really sucked this year Same with Hurricane @ MBP, I got lucky with a fairly smooth ride on my first visit but this summer it was unbearable. Then again, I DID ride in the back compared to the front :-/ Montu also, it used to be my fav. Invert but in October it wasn't running as well as it did back in the day. Jet Coaster has definately passed it though.

--Hopes for 2006:

Great weather for June's UK trip

Meet even more cool people

Fulfill all of my plans

Continue a streak of great days at parks. I only had one or two "bad" days at parks last season, out of about 40-50 days spent in theme parks.

Pass 250 - with the UK trip supposedly having 80 or so, that will be easy.

--Your 2005 year in review: Really freakin fun. The best summer I had ever had.

--Your first coaster of the year: Kingda Ka

--Your last coaster of the year: Skull Mountain

--Best new steel to me: Kingda Ka

--Best new wood to me:

--Best new flat ride to me: Stuntman's Freefall

--Best new water ride to me: Zoom Flume at Morey's Piers. The drops are so steep!

--Best new dark ride/walk through to me: Pirates of Wildwood

--Best new water park attraction to me: Patriot slides at Dorney Park. So much airtime!

--Best new park to me: Dorney Park

--Best park "moment" of the year: Getting launched and going down that 456 foot drop on KK.

--Best overall park "trip" of the year: SFGADv. August 12th.

--Worst new attraction (any kind) to me of the year: My first boomerang at Morey's Piers.

--Best event at a park: Fright Fest

--Best non-event day at a park: August 12th

--Best non-park related moment of the year: When I got my Xbox 360

--Favorite TPR post/thread of the year: don't know.

--Best Amusement related news of the year: SFGADv's getting a new intamin woodie El Toro

--Worst Amusement related news of the year: SFAW is closing down.

--Ride that I had to rethink my opinion of in 2005: KK. It hurt a little.

--Hopes for 2006: That El Toro will live up to its expectations.

--Gaven

--First Coaster of the year: X

--Last Coaster of the year: Viper (sooo close to beig X again!)

--Best New Steel: Apollo's Charriot

--Best New Wood: American Eagle

--Best New Flat: Sadly, the Huss frisbee at SFGAm (no other ne flats this yr.)

--Best New Water Ride: Escape From Pompeii

--Best New Dark Ride/Walk Through: Does pompeii count?

--Best New Waterark Attraction: Tornado (SFMM)

--Best New Park to me: SFGAm (I'd say BGW, but I went there when I was 4)

--Best Park Moment: Waterbombing some lady on the bridge of Tidal Wave last thurs.

--Best Trip of the Year: BGW-almost no wait for the rides up till the time we left

--Worst New Attraction: Raging Bull (not much new this year)

--Best Event at a Park: Holloween thing (forgot it's name) at BGW. Even though it was durring the day. (only "event" we went to.

--Best Non-Event day: SFGAm- waterpark/park in basically half a day!

--Best Non-Park related moment of the year: leaving my crappy jr. high to go to an awesome hs.

--Favorite TPR Post/Thread of the year: Random thread

--Best Amusement related News: Tatsu!

--Worst Amusement Related News: the tilt-a-whirl is still the best flat at SFMM...

--Ride that I had to Rethink My Opinion Of for 2005: BBW-I thought that it wasn't intense, as I rode it when I was four. Man, did that surprise me!

--Hopes For 2006: I want to wave goodbye to Flashback and hello to a Huss Giant Frisbee