TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Astroworld's Batman On The Move

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm very confused about that, because on the Coasterbuzz boards somebody posted pics of what is DEFINITELY vekoma SLC track on the back of a truck in Ohio. aka NOT b:te. I'm not sure if it's the same coaster that got confused, or two seperate things.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for everybody on the I-90! Who knows, maybe I'll have a repeat of the time I saw Vampire track headed for LaRonde. Nearly had a heart attack when that happened, lol. This time I'll actually have my camera with me.

I hope this rumor is true; I need all the credits I can get! and SFDL is a very boring place once you've already visited it... I could spend three hours there and ride all the rides.

I have a feeling that Batman--The Escape will not be saved. The ride is 20 years old (remember, it was SFMM's Shock Wave originally), and I've heard reports that it isn't aging very well.

Just my 'pinon.

Eric

Now there is a rumor saying its been spotted in New York... but I think its BS.

Remember kiddies, its not seen unless there are pics. I give the Screamscape rumor the BS badge. SFDL is already getting the Big Kahuna slide from Astroworld anyways.

I think it'd fit in nicely there! I was kinda hoping it would replace Zonga @SfMW, though.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for everybody on the I-90! Who knows, maybe I'll have a repeat of the time I saw Vampire track headed for LaRonde. Nearly had a heart attack when that happened, lol.

I saw Silver Bullet track here in Memphis and I almost lost it!

I loved that ride i wish it would come to SFMM instead . Wait if I think about it for a second I really want Ultra-Twister to come there instead.

Why would they bring Batman back to SFMM, if they took it out of that park?

RCDB says that Serial Thriller won't be opening untill 2007 at the Great Escape, why wouldn't they shoot for 2006?

Because the park doesn't want to overshadow the grand opening of the hotel and indoor waterpark.

More then half of Serial Thriller is already on-site actually. There are pictures on my site of the coaster.

I really enjoyed SFDL a few years back, and I'm thinking of visiting this year (only because I want to ride Silver Comet again really bad and will stop at SFDL for a few hours). That park needs something new in the thrills department in the worst way. It felt that way when I was there a few years ago, I can't imagine what it must feel like now!

-Bryan "SFDL is easily the cleanest and best landscaped SF park I've been to" Wood

I've been going to Darien Lake about 2-3 times a year since I was a wee one and its really starting to stink because for the past 5 years of going there hasn't been anything new and it really is not that bad of a park and I would easily go there instead of Canadas Wonderland (damn lines). But i'm really hoping somthing new happens there.

Actually, the older Intamin standups were designed and built when B&M (the 2 guys, I can't spell their names off the top of my head) were still employed at Intamin. Rides like this and Shockwave at Drayton Manor are actually extremely similar to the modern B&M standups, except the trains are designed differently. I wouldn't be surprised if B&M built new trains for it, since they had a large part in designing the rides originally.

I really enjoyed SFDL a few years back, and I'm thinking of visiting this year (only because I want to ride Silver Comet again really bad and will stop at SFDL for a few hours). That park needs something new in the thrills department in the worst way. It felt that way when I was there a few years ago, I can't imagine what it must feel like now!

-Bryan "SFDL is easily the cleanest and best landscaped SF park I've been to" Wood

Ahhhh you are awesome! you like the silver comet AND you quote the rasmus in your sig!!!

Ahhhh you are awesome! you like the silver comet AND you quote the rasmus in your sig!!!

Yeah, I tend to be awesome. I'm like Keanu Reeves and Arnold Schwarzenegger combined without any of the idiocies. If they could only find a way to put Silver Comet and Superman in the same park, I'd be more tempted to go to Buffalo more often.

As far as holding it at SFDL for storage...I'm not sure I see the logic of letting it sit. Sure, it's probably not the best ride, but SFDL could use something else to entertain the people who come for thrills. It's not like it could possibly be rougher than Mind Eraser....

-Bryan "Mind Eraser permanently damaged the 'sanity' portion of my brain" Wood

I loved that ride i wish it would come to SFMM instead . Wait if I think about it for a second I really want Ultra-Twister to come there instead.

If you ever rode it at Astroworld you would know that it's breaks were terrible, it hurt like a motha, and before they painted it, the thing was full of rust and not to repeat whats been said but why would it go back to SFMM

but i do agree with you in the fact that UT rocked!!!!!!!!!!