TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your favorite TV-series?

Hattuchili

My fav tv show is the Reboot of Twin Peaks. I can understand why fans of the og show didn't really like it that much, it's a completely different animal. I really liked the weird and supernatural stuff in the og series and not a big fan of the soap opera type stuff, and the reboot goes more into that direction. Rewatched it when the newest blu ray set came out around christmas with a couple episodes in 4k and Part 8 looks better than ever.

• 5 months later...

I have to reflect and say, now that she's sadly passed away.....

One of my absolute all time fave tv shows, and it was black and white back then,

was....The Avengers. With Patrick Macnee and the glorious Dame Diana Rigg.

As Mr. John Steed.....and Mrs. Emma Peel.

Glorious, fun and (rarely) serious show. That's worth a binge viewing, soon.

1589647695_TheAvengers.png.f0886bbf6bf28d3575edf53bcebaa492.png

The Original "(THE) AVENGERS" - Mr. Steed & Mrs. Peel.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the Mandalorian, I remember having a roller coaster of emotions before it came out. First time hearing about it a show about Mandalorians exited me, within the Star Wars lore they have the most interesting culture and history and getting Mandalorian ships and weapons (like the Darksaber) in life-action would be awesome, then it was announced to be about a lone Mandalorian bounty hunter and I was like: "Okay, so discount Bobba Fett. Why do all Life-action Mandalorians have to be bounty Hunters?". But it was Star Wars related so I would watch it, Episode 1 just hooked me and after season 2 I'm sure the show will continue to have my attention. As a Star Wars fan I like to call it the show that keeps on giving.

• Like 1

To prepare for the second season, I finally got around to bingeing both Clone Wars and Rebels. Then I re-watched season 1 of Mandalorian. OMG, the re-watch was so much better than my first time watching it because now I could see things referenced that I didn't know before. And I was definitely right that I was gonna need to have watched the animated shows before Mandalorian season 2 in order to appreciate it more.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Future Favourite TV Series:

I know it's going to be a fave series for us. If we can ever get it.

But darn you, Disney+! We don't have that, so we'll miss out (for now) on 📺 WandaVision. 📺

• 2 weeks later...

we don't have a dedicated TV show thread (other than this one). . so although we don't have Disney+ service?

I DO have some goddamn amazing friends, who came by today and gifted me this!  (it's a "WandaVision" Press Box . . which were apparently only distributed in LA and in Austin, + mailed out to some tv reviewers).   So hard to get, and I now have one.

I must be a good person to have friends like these :)

wanda.jpg

s-l1600 1.jpegs-l1600.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just thought this up...

How about a "Third-Year Reunion Show" * for Schitt's Creek in..... say....... 2025?

"The Rosebud Motel" chain could be up and running well (I/we hope) thanks to Stevie, David and Patrick will be celebrating their "Third Year Anny" (Leather, right? Hmmm...), with Mom, Dad, and Sister "back in town" to help celebrate....with new problems dragged along, LOL. I think it'd be awesome if they could do that and pull it all off, with as many of the "townsfolk" they could bring back for it. And Roland, too. 💋 Make it a one hour special. That'd work, right?

:b :b :br :br

* The joke they would make of the special, is that it's the "Third Year Reunion", but film it and air it in 2025! That way, they could build on whatever happened in the actual year of 2023. And David and Patrick's Third Anniversary? It's still LEATHER. Yup. Woof.

It also occurred to me, that Catherine O'Hara could come up with an "altered accent" for Moira, since Moira's been in NYC for three years, as well. Could've changed her accent a bit - or made it worse, LOL. 👩‍🦳

Also, put Johnny Rose in a BALD CAP, and build up a story that it "turns Moira on," so he just kept wearing it, continually... until of course, it falls off (or unglues, choice is theirs) and the whole thing has to be explained. Could work? 👨‍🦲

• 1 month later...

For those who want to (NEED TO) know more.... Entertainment Weekly released photos of a new book written by Dan and Eugene Levy, coming out.

It's about everything about Schitt's Creek! Including a list of Moira's wigs and David's knits, lol.

Book-SchittsCreek.jpg.23716d38c8badf7802af68ea816b843a.jpg

^ Don't worry. Forgot to add, that the book won't be available until the Fall.  :oops:

So get a copy for her, for Christmas! 🎅

(And although I haven't checked, you can probably pre-order it thru Amazon, etc.)

• 8 months later...

^^^ So, did anyone get this, and read this, and love this, and ......... this???

I didn't get myself a copy, but am still very curious, y'know? I live off of others' natural experiences. mmmmmmyes.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I tried to get into, it. But it didn't 'work' for me. David, however, loved it!
And he's equally hopeful as you, that a 3rd Season will be done!

For myself, "Star Trek: Picard" restarted tonight, with re-visits from Guinan (!) and Q (!).

Can't wait to see the episode in question,

• Like 1

My mom and I are almost done watching Picard season 1; she'd already watched it, but I hadn't gotten around to it yet. We've made it through ep 8. We'll probably do eps 9 and 10 on Monday and the season 2 first ep then, too. I am LOVING the show so far. All the little nods from previous shows and familiar faces popping up.

EDIT: Also, it's hard to believe Guinan was only in 28 eps total out of the 170+ eps of TNG. Really says a lot about just how impactful and memorable her character is!

• Like 1

^ You should enjoy the first episode of this new Picard season. No spoilers but could be described as Very (dare I say?) Deep. We loved it.

Oh, and SPOILER ALERT ~~~~~~ Goldberg found out she was being re-invited in, on The View, when Patrick Stewart was a guest there. It was all pre-planned and he publicly (on live tv) asked her if she would like to come back, on "ST:Picard", and "bring back Guinan"....? She literally fell into his arms laughing and crying, with the audience going nuts. Very cool video segment, when you find it.

She is a very revered/legendary Star Trek character now, thanks to the writers and Whoopi Goldberg, herself.

....... And then there's Q ......

(To be continued...)

• Like 1