TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your favorite TV-series?

Hattuchili

Just finished watching season 1 of the Legend of Korra and I am NOT afraid to admit it. It's been a long time since I've watched an animated series, let alone from Nickelodeon, that has enveloped me so exponentially. The animation is breath-taking, the plot is surprisingly mature for a Saturday morning cartoon, it employs a beautiful score, and the characters have their own distinct personalities and they actually have flaws/make mistakes. This isn't some show that was quickly pieced together to distract your kids while you go watch football, or something; it was actually very well pieced together with character-development, conflict/resolution, buildup of atmosphere, and even some grisly moments that push the bar on "suitable for children". My only real complaint are some cliches here and there, and the love triangle is a bit distracting and underdeveloped; but I highly recommend the series, especially if Avatar: The Last Airbender was something that had piqued your interest.

Really enjoying Death in Paradise at the moment, with the guy from Johnny English (the assistant, can't remember his name). Have also been overly obsessed with Qi, which has become one of my favourite shows of ALL TIME! Absolutely love it.

I have also been wanting get back into a couple of older Nickelodeon shows, Legends of the Hidden Temple and GUTS. I've also wanted to start watching Home Improvement again. But at this moment, the two shows that are bringing me to the TV are Pawn Stars and Storage Wars.

• 3 weeks later...

I truly enjoy Bones, House, and The Big Bang Theory more than anything that is still airing (syndication or otherwise).

However, as for shows that don't air on ANY channels anymore, my favorite has to be Clone High; a show about teenage clones in high school together. Abe Lincoln, Gandhi, Joan of Arc, JFK, and Cleopatra are the major characters. The show is a satire and parody of teen dramas; every episode is a "Very Special Episode" and the historical clones go through teen issues humorously, be it underage drinking, catching a disease (A.D.D. in this case) or even smoking raisins. (Yes, raisins). From creators Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, and Bill Lawrence came one of the most inventive shows to ever grace MTV. It ran completely on the Canadian equivalent of Adult Swim, Teletoon Detour, before premiering in the US on MTV as "Clone High USA."

However, it was pulled from the air before all 13 episodes of the first (and only) season as Indians were offended at Gandhi's portrayal as a party animal and threatened to go on a hunger strike if not pulled. As their Asian markets were growing the fastest at the time, MTV was forced to listen. The series ended on a HUGE cliffhanger in the 13th episode that will, sadly, probably never be resolved.

It is truly a hilarious and ingenious show that got cancelled before its time. Honestly, however, I'm not sure how long the show would have stayed good. A second season would still be inventive, but, how long can good parodies stay good? I think it eventually would have run out of steam.

It still is a great show and worth checking out if you love history and can understand a good parody. It's all over YouTube and the DVD is available for purchase online.

I'm a huge fan of Hustle, really sad it's finished now as I thought it was so well written.

I've been told I would love the wire. I've got all the series but haven't started watching yet, I'm expecting to get hooked once I start!

Can't stand The Big Bang Theory. The humor is so forced, it's like watching the Disney Channel.

While it does have its cliched and at times utterly predictable moments, I often find myself laughing my way through entire episodes. Though I'm not sure if that says more about the quality of the show itself, or just my own taste...

^ You really should. It's all up on Nickelodeons website (at least the specials with the creators' exclusive commentary). It does a wonderful job of establishing its own identity while tastefully paying homage to its predecesor. Personally, the only criticism I have was that the ending was rushed and maybe some corny/forced romance, but still spectacular. I understand though; they were originally only given those 12 episodes to work with. I don't think they knew they would get signed on for 52!

We have been enjoying all the previous

seasons of Eureka lately, and are

finally catching up to the (then) current season.

That said - does anybody know or remember what town

is used to rep Eureka, itself? We know that the series

was filmed mainly in BC (sorry, Calif.) and think that

the town itself was one near Vancouver...

Or....? Thanks is advance if anyone knows this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ Funny you should bring that first series up...

We had the pleasure of part of our neighborhood becoming an

upcoming scene in the great tv series, SUPERNATURAL!

I don't follow it as much as my partner does, but "Sam & Dean"

were the focus of the scene..... and.... ... their awesome car!

No pix of car, sorry. And we watched all the filming from our frohnt

porch roof. David gave a thumbs-up to "Dean" and got same back,

from in The Car! That was David's thrill, heh heh.

This scene is supposed to end up in the third or fourth episode

of the upcoming season. In October, I am pretty sure.

Nice!

IMG_0685.JPG.d1b851d2cdb1f79a95527bc0620492c8.JPG

This was start of original set decoration on closed corner (soon to be condos). Some locals thought actual liquor store opening soon! Big laugh explaining what it really was.

IMG_0686a.JPG.c659065b37a8846e1b6ab7fb7d54c74a.JPG

Then realized the cork board wouldn't fit, so they switched the notice board around booth for better look to it all. Worked for us, LOL.

Edited by Nrthwnd