TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Revenge Of The Mummy at USO

Has anyone felt more airtime on Revenge Of The Mummy than on Hulk? I have rode in the back of both of them and experience a ton of airtime on the back of Mummy instead of the Hulk. I normally dont tighten up my restraints too much and I see that if I do that on Mummy I go flying out of my seat and it is really incredible for that small of a coaster.

Should that bother me I get more air on the Mummy?

I also will probably get califlower (sp?) ears from the Hulk.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time I get airtime on the Hulk is the drop after the break run. The Mummy has 2-3 good pops of airtime. My favorite is the airtime right after the launch. The Hulk isn't too rough. If you want cottonears, right Python at BGT!

Yeah.. the Mummy doesnt suck like the Hulk

You're right though. The only pop of air on the hulk is the drop after the midcourse.

The Mummy has ejector air at the top of the launch and another great pop half way thru the coaster section.. great ride. Short but sweet.

Eric

I think the Mummy beats the Hulk just because it's more fun. The Hulk makes me REALLY dizzy every time and batters my head around like a pinball. That last drop on Mummy with all the lighting effects is superb

Different strokes, I guess. While the coaster elements on ROTM are, yeah, fun, I'd trade them all for those 10 seconds leaving Hulk's gamma ray tube.

I find that depending upon seat, you can get hangtime in the loops on Hulk + the MCB drop.

Id lean towards Hulk, I get a bit more "ride time" for my waittime. However, Mummy is far more intense, even if it seemed like it was 10 seconds long.

Mummy's restraints were created by Satan himself. Those things don't mix well at all with the amount of airtime the back row will give you. I often leave the ride holding my stomach. They should put bars on the back of every seat so you'd at least have something to hold on to.

They also keep overweight people from riding. A "big boned" family member holds a grudge against the ride. Everytime he tries to get on, they send him packing.

• 2 years later...

The "good" Mummy (Orlando) does have some airtime, but I wouldn't call it outstanding. It's outstanding airtime for the type of ride that it is, but it doesn't match up to some of the better woodies or hypers that I've been on. It's still an excellent attraction though, perhaps my favorite at the Universal resort.

The "good" Mummy (Orlando) does have some airtime, but I wouldn't call it outstanding. It's outstanding airtime for the type of ride that it is, but it doesn't match up to some of the better woodies or hypers that I've been on. It's still an excellent attraction though, perhaps my favorite at the Universal resort.

Only thing though is that I'm the Coaster Wuss, and was even worried about the backward drop if it was anything stronger than Maelstrom at Epcot But I genuinely hate airtime, the feeling of coming out of your seat is something I really dont like.

Until I read that, I was thinking the Mummy ride might be more like Big Thunder (Paris Version) or something.

Only thing though is that I'm the Coaster Wuss, and was even worried about the backward drop if it was anything stronger than Maelstrom at Epcot But I genuinely hate airtime, the feeling of coming out of your seat is something I really dont like.

Until I read that, I was thinking the Mummy ride might be more like Big Thunder (Paris Version) or something.

The backwards section on the Orlando Mummy is very tame. The Hollywood version has a more intense backwards section. If you're worried about airtime, sit in the middle and staple yourself in with the restraints. The Orlando Mummy is an awesome experience even without the coaster part, not to be missed!

If you're worried about a backwards section, you might not like Expedition Everest, which has a very pronounced section where the train runs backwards.

I have to disagree a little bit here. While the Mummy doesn't have as much airtime as the B&M hypers, the airtime it does have is so much better. ...now the Intamin hypers are a whole different story.

As for which is better the Hulk or Mummy, IMO it's the the Mummy hands down. Heck I have the Hulk as my 8th favorite steel coaster in Florida, behind ROTM, Montu, DD-Fire, Sheikra, DD-Ice, Kumba, and Kraken. (in that order)

Why dont they let fat folk on? Im fat and fancied giving it a try...

Poor choice of restraints. It has to come down to a certain degree or you can't ride.

If you're worried about a backwards section, you might not like Expedition Everest, which has a very pronounced section where the train runs backwards.

I'm always dizzy as hell after that part.

Mummy definately has more airtime than Hulk - like said numerous times before, Hulk just has the pop out of the MCBR whereas Mummy has the initial launch crest and the second launch area into the *spoiler* drop in the mist *end spoiler*

As to what you were saying about whether it's normal, sure it is! There's plenty of smaller coasters that provide better airtime than larger ones - Scooby Doo at Kings Dominion provides better airtime than some of the big coasters I've been on!

Both mummy's have air time. I counted 3 instances on both. USH's has 3 spots of good solid float air, while USF has 2 instances of very abrupt violent air time and one float hill.

I really enjoyed both Hulk and Mummy. However, I did find more airtime on Mummy than I did on Hulk. The only airtime on it was during the zero-g roll. However, on the Mummy, there was at least two spots of AWESOME air. It contained some really great ejector air. But IMO, Hulk provides a more fun, intense, and smoother ride.

---Brent

• 4 months later...

I love the Mummy!However Hulk I don't know what's up wit it, aside from the launch,which is still amazing it just seems like the rest of the ride hasn't aged well at all.It's not the same smooth coaster it used to be when it opened.Can anyone explain why?I mean I ride Kumba a similar B&M that's like 6 years older than Hulk and Kumba still gives an amazing ride while Hulk every time I visit IOA seems to get rougher.Am I alone to see this in Hulk?

Revenge of the Mummy is my favorite non-inversion coaster because it was the longest time I've been out of my seat...at least for me (I haven't been on a hyper-coaster yet...evil Florida). The back is awesome there.

Hulk...I barely remember if there was airtime. If there was, it most likely wasn't awesome like ROTM, or else I would've remembered it.