TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SAT/ ACT Scores

I took the ACT way back in 1993. I got something like 24 or 26. I did score real high in English. Never took SAT.

I took the ASVAB (military aptitude test) just before signing up for the National Guard over four years ago. Got a 93 or 94 (out of 99). Which is kind of strange since I took the ASVAB during high school and didn't do so well (I think it was somewhere around 50).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an 1120 (560 M and V) on the SAT back in 7th grade (Duke TIP, for anyone who knows what that is). I had a 208 out of 240 (99th percentile) on the PSAT and I'm taking the new SAT in January for dual-enrollment as a senior.

you posted that just to piss me off didnt you? wow, you scored 10 points higher than me, wow! big whoop! i hope you feel special,

haha jk, good job, i took mine in 7th grade also, through this john hopkins international talent search... incase you have heard of it.

I had an 1120 (560 M and V) on the SAT back in 7th grade (Duke TIP, for anyone who knows what that is). I had a 208 out of 240 (99th percentile) on the PSAT and I'm taking the new SAT in January for dual-enrollment as a senior.

I qualified for that Duke thing in 7th grade. Didn't act on it though, since we didn't the money/resources.

on the discussion of "SAT's are useless"...

I did reasonably well on my standardized tests (97th percentile on the ACT) and therefore I was given a boost in the college admissions process. So while on one hand I am thankful that I'm good at taking standardized tests, on the other hand I have to say that the SAT holds no real weight. Many of my friends are intelligent, great people that are involved in the school community and have high GPA's, yet a lot of them have done slightly above average on the SAT. I'm no smarter than they are, yet I have done much better than them on the SAT/ACT. This has essentially shown me that the SAT/ACT really only measure how well you take the SAT/ACT.

The solution? Well, this is tricky since its necessary to have a common element between all college applicants. GPA's fluctuate between schools so its hard to compare them. SAT's even the playing field. The best way to level the playing field? SAT II subject tests. Instead of comparing scores on a reasoning test that has been proven, through a UC study, to fail to predict college grades, how about scores from information based SAT II tests are compared? These are tests that test knowledge, a much better thing than aptitude to use to compare students.

• 3 years later...
SAT:

750 Math

670 Critical Reading

710 Writing

Total: 2130!

I'm very pleased! And I have the Physics and Math Level 2 subject tests coming up in December. Blah.

Haha. And back in the 7th grade I took it for Johns Hopkins CTY and got like a 1300/2400. Oh, improvement.

Wow, I feel old. When I took the SAT's the highest you could get was 1600. 800 math, 800 verbal. When did this happen. BTW, I scored an 1140. Took it once, got accepted to pretty much every college I applied to.

I took the ACTs three times. I took it beginning of 9th grade and got a 25. I took it again beginning of sophomore year and got a 29. Later that year was when I knew where I wanted to go to school and knew I needed to do one point better in order to qualify for the early application for the University of Cincinnati's architecture program, so I took it again the summer between 10th and 11th grade and got a 30. That was the last time I took it even though I'm sure I could've done quite a bit better if I took it again when most people were taking it late junior and early senior year. Advantage was though that I was accepted into the program the first week of senior year so that was a huge part of senior stress that didn't even exist for me. I wouldn't mind taking them again just out of pure curiosity...then again I don't like wasting time...or tests that are several hours long

Wow, I feel old. When I took the SAT's the highest you could get was 1600. 800 math, 800 verbal. When did this happen. BTW, I scored an 1140. Took it once, got accepted to pretty much every college I applied to.

Probably about 2004 or so... I know I took the SATs my junior year (03) so I could avoid having to write an essay when the new format was introduced.

SAT:

750 Math

670 Critical Reading

710 Writing

Total: 2130!

I'm very pleased! And I have the Physics and Math Level 2 subject tests coming up in December. Blah.

Haha. And back in the 7th grade I took it for Johns Hopkins CTY and got like a 1300/2400. Oh, improvement.

When I took in in the 7th grade (so...the summer of 2004?) we were one of the first groups of kids to take the new SAT.

As far as the old one goes, I have a 1420, which is what most colleges look at anyway!

• 3 weeks later...