TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Exam Grades/Whine about Exams here!

Homer

We do both American and World History, it just depends what grade your in. Now to be fair, I think that High School history is, in fact, a complete waste of time. We don't learn history as much as memorize dates, and pointless things that really will never help you at all. I could leave a long rant here about things like learning the preamble to the constitution, but not reading the physical document as well as my other complaints, but I'll save that for another day.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last exam, Photography, was the easiest exam ever. I got a 96, but by helping my teacher do stuff around the room, I got a 100.

So awesome.

Also, I know my Algebra II exam is an 85, woo.

Well im in the middle of sitting my higher/advanced higher exams just now to get into uni and they're killing me!!! lol I only need either 2 B's in my highers or a C in one of my advanced highers to get in. So far i think i've got

Higher english - C

Adv. H Maths - C

Adv. H Physics - B

Adv. H Music Theory - B (Practical is on the 31st)

Higher Chemistry - pending (exams on the 29th)

So, I think I have done enough to get into uni but we will see how I really done on the 7th of august when my results come in

I'm sort of confused here.. . but in the US does the school year follow the calendar year (eg start some time in Jan-Feb and then finish up in December) or do you start the year halfway through and finish half way through (So all you people graduating started year 12 at some point mid last year)?

• 1 month later...

I got my results today

1st bachelor in the language and region studies: Japanology: minor in economics:

Philosophy 11

Law 13

Japanese culture: 12

History of Japan before 1868: 14

Japanese religions 15

Modern Japanese 1: grammar 14

Modern Japanese 1: exercises 11

Economics 11

These are great points. Only 5 of the 30 people passed, and I'm one of them . I'm very happy.

Well, a minor victory, but I got the highest score this summer so far on my major's (Molecular Biology and Microbiology) exit exam that we have to pass to graduate. 50% of people passed on first try and I had the highest score.

Fall grades:

Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy: B+ (blah)

Physics I: B (double blah)

Microbial Metabolism: A

Honors Directed Readings: A

Molecular Biology I: A

Spring grades:

Advanced Genetics: A- (graduate course triple blah)

Pathogenic Microbiology: B

Pathogenic Microbiology lab: A

Research Methods for undergrads: A

Statistical Methods I: A

Summer so far:

Immunology (was only first 6 weeks of summer): A

Immunology lab (same): A

Undergrad Honors Thesis (defending on July 19): A

Still have Molecular Biology II to finish and Physics II (Molec II is second 6 weeks and Physics II is all summer). Even if I get A's in both I will miss out on graduating cum laude by .03 points (ending up with a 3.77) because my major is full of pre-med overachievers!

Oh yea...almost forgot about my grades...hehe...Well, I survived my first semester at a University and got a 3.00 GPA: an A in History of Art & Tech, a C in Modern Art history, and a B+ (Very close to an A, an 88.8%) in my Basics to New Media class. I really wish that I had an A but 2 absences screwed it up.

I'm sort of confused here.. . but in the US does the school year follow the calendar year (eg start some time in Jan-Feb and then finish up in December) or do you start the year halfway through and finish half way through (So all you people graduating started year 12 at some point mid last year)?

In America, our high/middle/elementry schools start usually around the end of summer, and end at the start of the summer.

Most of the teachers in AISD give end-of-year projects in lieu of finals, even in high schools. However, you still get the occasional class with a final. I got A's in all of them. I had them in Spanish, Algebra, and Health.

I've heard about MCAS. TAKS sucks! Four days of ALLl-day testing.

They don't really tell us our exam marks separately, so my 2nd semester marks:

English: 84

Science: 89

Music: 93

Careers/Civics: 88

(That last one might be Canada-exclusive.)

Combined over the entire year, my average was 87.5%

I think I did pretty well this year.

Art - A

Geography - A

Technology - A

Maths - A

French - B

English - B

English Literature - B

Physics - B

Biology - B

Religious Education - C

I also did my Bio, Maths and Religious Ed. GCSE's this year. Don't get results until August.

I had 4 regents this year, and I'm just happy I passed.

Chemistry:67- I can't even begin to describe the teacher we had, the guy was a complete idiot, and I learned more by myself than from him. The whole year was spent mocking our teacher. I'm entirely happy with a 67.

Math B:74- Our teacher was an idiot. The teachers were also upset at how difficult the test was this year.

Global:73- I hate global.

Spanish:87- A class I'm actually good at, and our teacher is awesome. Proof that the teacher makes the difference.

I graduated eighth grade almost a month ago, but I still have my report card and stuff. One of the top three in the class! (Though they didn't rank us, I'm pretty sure I was second out of forty-four)

Year Averages!

Religion - A (92-96)

^ (parochial school)

Reading - A

Language Arts - A+ (97-100)

Math - A+

Social Studies - A+

Science - A

Art - A

Phys. Ed - S (satisfactory!)

Computers - A

Foreign Language - A

Synergistics - A

I pretty much posted this to see if anybody else has/had the same grading system as I did (A+ = 97-100, A = 92-96, B+ = 88-91, etc.)