TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Disneyland Paris

Nothing special, just a little trip report.

I was really surprised with how tall TOT was!

We waited 50 minutes to ride it.

We then went over to Pirates which was quite huge and elaborate. But its all backwards in storyline

It started to rain and that's when our fastpasses for Indiana Jones was up. Quite an intense ride. I'd hate to see the thing w/o the brake run! CRAZY.

We walked around for a bit and then got stopped by the parade. Heard the music for what, a minute? And its still stuck in my head lol. "Silhouette! Silhouette! "

Space isn't bad. Its crazier than I thought it would be. (have 'ridden' the attraction in no limits)

It was all a blur!

We capped off the day with Haunted, err Phantom Manor

That was the day in DLP. I think when TOT get's built, along with the new kids play area, it will make it tempting to do both parks.

J.

'review'

Overall I think the park is ok. My wife and I did not like the crowd/people there. European crowds are weird (I know that will offend several readers here). There was a lot of chaos and people like to cut in front of you (not caring about the concept of 'merging' two separate lines). The one obvious time we were cut off at BTMR, karma got back to the bitches. We were the only two in line and skipped quite a few people when two were needed to fill the front seat of the car at BTMR.

Gum stains are everywhere on the ground and everyone smokes (the park was quite dirty with graffiti all over the BTMR posts). I don't care so much about the smoking, people are addicted and its cultural. BUT when I see gum on the ground everywhere in a Disney park? I don't know, that bothers me.

It was nice to be in a new(ish) Disney park and I don't regret going. I think (like how I do Disney Parks in America) I'll concentrate on going during an empty day.

BTM has a great ending, Indiana Jones is intense, Space is cool.

J.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose, I'd have to agree with you on a lot of points you rasied there.

Culturally speaking, it was a lot different to how I imagined it would be, and I imagine when I hit Walt Disney World in Florida that it will be more polite and welcoming than Paris appears. But with all that taken into consideration, the park hasn't turned out too badly despite all the resort's problems and financial losses. At least the castle looks nice!

I thought BTMR was awesome, probably the best coaster in the main park. Space Mountain was good, a little rough, but I've been on worse.

Yah, WDWMagic is starving for info lol.

Next week I hear I might have an opportunity to actually ride the attraction. We'll see.

Per cleanliness comparisons Sören: The things my wife and I noticed were the gum stains on the ground (there are nearly none of these stains in Disneyland or Disneyworld because they don't sell gum). Now, that's not a slam against Europeans in general, just the French lol.

Names were carved or written in white out/marker on the posts of BTMR que. That is wrong on so many levels. So Six Flags.

Granted those are just two things, but with some of the trash on the ground and in the que (and lets not forget the prevalence of cigarette butts). Its just not as sparkling. New park, but really ridden hard by the guests!

Now on a moderately busy day at WDW, its not like I enjoy the crowds either -- the crowds are different in character -- I'd say crowd 'quality' is a step below WDW a step above Disneyland.

With WDW, people save up a few years and fly out there. Its special, everyone feels special because they've spent a lot of cash and are on their best behavior (like going out to a nice restaurant). Disneyland -- 60% of their clients are locals -- so the crowds are a little rougher.

I have no idea what the guest composites of DLP are -- but, well, its just how I felt about the crowds. Not hostile line jumping just "I don't care about others at all" line jumping.

I did not ride RNR -- although I was tempted too. One day when TOT is done and the new kiddie rides are finished, I'll do a Disney Global tour lol.

There goes the bank!

^^ Since you mentioned it, I bet they have a few "testing for the public" opportunities of Everest before the AP preview. I may just swing down by AK a week from Wedesday to see if there is that chance. That is how I got to ride Soarin in the middle of March last year. If I do ride it, NOBODY let Leanne know...she would kill me..

Thanks for the report, Jose. I understand your feelings re. the gum question. At PKD, the line for Volcano runs through a cave that is lined with gobs of gum. On a hot summer day that cave reeks of old Doublemint, and those without a strong stomach have a pretty tough time getting through without puking.

To all you Football fans: Chelsea was staying at my hotel. Cool guys.

PICTURES DAMMIT! Did you meet any of them?

And you call yourself a United fan... , Whatever!

The tower structure has gone up really fast. I saw almost no construction going on when I was they at the end of May.

Like I said on another (more 'luxurious') forum: no pics. I thought it rude. Like those guys don't get photographed a billion times a day anyway.

I met about half a dozen players and coaches as well etc. Its a small hotel (142 rooms). So it was impossible not to be bumping into them before and after Monday's game.

I'm pretty sure it was Ricardo Carvalho who I sat next to at the business center doing computer stuff for a while.

Lots of players. I don't follow the league so, can't remember faces/names too well.

What sucks is I wanted to buy one of their jersey's long before, and when the team arrived, it reminded me to look for one. alas, never found one in London. Weird. I'll go online.

Next time they play West Ham, just visit the hotel. Its off of Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf.

• 1 year later...

Exactly the reason why I encourage people to upload their photos using the TPR attachment tool. As long as your Photo TR is uploaded to TPR, you'll NEVER see a trip report filled with a collection of red X's.

--Robb