TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holding your breath reduces the negative G?

I found out that if you hold your breath on a ride, it reduces the negative G force! But I don't think it's good for you.

As an example, the first time I rode Power Tower Turbo Drop at Valleyfair! I was pretty nervous at the top. So I decided to hold my breath. It seemed like forever at the top. So I exhaled, then again inhaled. And then we dropped. I screamed my head off! But I didn't feel any negative G when we fell (at least I don't remember). But when we hit the bunny hops, I started to feel some negative G.

If you think about this, it makes sense.

So the next time I rode it, I felt a negative G (because I didn't hold my breath), and it took me by suprise. And now, I get nervous when I ride it. :shock:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Lol! I just can't remember what happened though.

The same thing happened on Power Tower Space Shot at Valleyfair! I wasn't nervous, and I didn't hold my breath. We got shot up, and I felt a force (it was either a positive G, or a negative G. I can't remember. lol). But when we came back down, I don't remember feeling anything. Weird.

I think it has to do with the blood flow though.

With Power Tower, its that the car is thrust down. So there will ALWAYS be negative G forces.

Chances are you just don't remember or you were to nervous and were thinking about something else to take your mind off what you were really feeling.

-Taylor(dose "the car is thrust down" sound right?)

I can assure it has nothing to do with your bloodflow. You just don't remember feeling negative G's. Nothing you can do can affect the G-forces you get. Even if your lap bar is down all the way, you still get the same amount of G-forces than you would if your lap bar has some room for airtime. You won't be lifted out of your seat as much, but you get the same G-forces. The same goes for holding your breath or whatever other absurdities you can think of.

I can assure it has nothing to do with your bloodflow. You just don't remember feeling negative G's. Nothing you can do can affect the G-forces you get. Even if your lap bar is down all the way, you still get the same amount of G-forces than you would if your lap bar has some room for airtime. You won't be lifted out of your seat as much, but you get the same G-forces. The same goes for holding your breath or whatever other absurdities you can think of.

Well you can't be sure. It could have been the blood flow.

Nope. You're wrong. I don't want to sound high and mighty or make you look like an idiot, but you're just wrong. Bloodflow doesn't affect G-forces, nor does holding your breath or crossing your eyes or wishing upon a star. Think about it this way: If you held your breath in space, would you fall down? No. You'd float. Gravity affects you the same way no matter what. This is simple physics, not quantum mechanics (i.e., total insanity).

Nope. You're wrong. I don't want to sound high and mighty or make you look like an idiot, but you're just wrong. Bloodflow doesn't affect G-forces, nor does holding your breath or crossing your eyes or wishing upon a star. Think about it this way: If you held your breath in space, would you fall down? No. You'd float. Gravity affects you the same way no matter what. This is simple physics, not quantum mechanics (i.e., total insanity).

Actually, blood flow does effect the blood stream. When their is a negative G, your blood rushes to your brain.

You get the same G-forces holding your breath as you would not hold your breath. You have to remember that the G in G-forces stands for gravity or something like that. You can't defy gravity by holding your breath. You can feel more or less gravity by shifting your weight or contracting certain muscles, but you don't own gravity boots.

I find that if I huff a bunch of paint before I ride roller coasters, I usually black out and have no memory of the coasters. This sucks because if I do this on a coaster I've never been on, I can't count it as a credit.

Damn my paint huffing addiction.

I found out that if you hold your breath on a ride, it reduces the negative G force! But I don't think it's good for you.

As an example, the first time I rode Power Tower Turbo Drop at Valleyfair! I was pretty nervous at the top. So I decided to hold my breath. It seemed like forever at the top. So I exhaled, then again inhaled. And then we dropped. I screamed my head off! But I didn't feel any negative G when we fell (at least I don't remember). But when we hit the bunny hops, I started to feel some negative G.

If you think about this, it makes sense.

So the next time I rode it, I felt a negative G (because I didn't hold my breath), and it took me by suprise. And now, I get nervous when I ride it. :shock:

ya crazy son of a bitch.