TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

LT's Ongoing "We Love Katamari" Final Level PR!

I could've said TR, but that wouldn't mean anything. This is a PR, or a Play Report. This is also going to be on my blog, but I figured I'd also put it here, for the sake of nothing.

We Love Katamari, for those of you who are morons, is a crazy delicious, for lack of a better phrase, game on the PS2. Bascially, you roll around collecting stuff.

Well, the very last level is a 40+ hour level, that you can play in intervals. How? You have to roll up 1 million roses. In increments of 1 rose or 10 roses.

Pain in the ass, eh? Well, I'm recording each day of play in a journal. The story of a 2 year ordeal that may cost me my thumbs, and even less likely, my love of Katamari.

Here's Days 1 and 2!

DAY ONE

Day: Friday, December 29th, 2005

Katamari Size So Far: 14,000 roses

Day End: 3:00 AM

Day Start: 11:45 PM

The day of rolling started late, as we had just unlocked the level after collecting all of the damned cousins. I got 2,000 within 5 minutes. Not bad, eh? In fact, excellent. However, I had a long way to go. The level was a snow level, basically a round, enclosed space. Very boring. The music kept the level pleasant, but you can't help getting tired. At 10,000, I stopped. I couldn't go on. But at 2:30, I came back. 30 minutes later, I had 14,000. I don't know why it took me so long. But it did. And I finished the day.

This is going to be a damn long time coming.

DAY TWO

Day: December 30, 2005

Katamari Size So Far: Some past 29,000 roses

Day End: ?

Day Start: ?

Focus. Focus. Focus. We did nothing but focus. We became tranced by the game. I had to leave at some point, so I had to get off. I had to stop. But I only focused on the Katamari itself. The level was a race track. Much bigger level, much more roses. I had to go to the Apple store and sh*t, or else I would be at 34,000, if not more.

I'll skip the 31st. Maybe play some more on the 1st.

More journal coming later.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must play Katamari more. I haven't found that level yet.

What character do you go to for that level?

Once you collect all the cousins, which can't happen unless you beat the game and replay some of the levels (look on GameFAQs for a location guide), you have to talk to the astronaut's son from last game, then play the collect all cousins level. Once that happens, the game ends... again... except... one more character. Next to the brown dog.

You have to talk to the rose next to the brown dog once it's unlocked.

Day 3 report coming soon, everyone.

And I have plenty of friends... that don't live near me. I can't ride my bike for 45 minutes there and then 45 minutes back just to see my friends. Sure, it's 15 minutes by car, but I can't drive. That sucks. I've been to the movies 4 times during winter break, been to the shopping center 12 times, so I think it's time I sit in the house for a while.

I love this game!

I just found out about it 2 days ago and now I am hooked! I mean it is so cool how you can pick up people, desks, and doors and it just keeps getting bigger. Also, there is a kid in a sink with a kickboard, a deer in the school, a cat in the school, and I was just LMAO!

Wow, it sounds like I need to get back to playing Katamari again! I'm a really streaky player when it comes to the PS2. I'll play every day for a month, then I might go 2 months and not play at all. I bought We Love Katamari a couple of months ago and haven't even played it yet (but my daughters have been giving it a workout).

Gahh when I bought Soulcalibur 3 there was a demo disk with We Love Katamari on it...And I'd buy that game if I weren't such an on and off player. Last month is the first time I've played the PS2 in 2 years. I'll probably play a lot for now then stop again so why bother? >.

• 5 months later...