TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stratosphere Tower: High Roller Dismantling

^Then melted down to make robots, which will then be melted down to make oil cans, which will then be melted down to build more robots.

Colin"if anyone can tell me whats that's from Ill give you a cookie"C

Sounds like something from Futurama...

Chris B

Thats what i was going to say

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say the best bet of those is a tower...Starflyers go high enough as they are (and with next to no restraint) Imagine how dulled down a US one would be, while suspended 1000 feet in the air... On that note, what about a top spin of some sort?

...notice, no link. Where did you hear this anyway? This could be just a rumor. I mean, if they were really removing it in... 3 days, wouldn't there be some sort of announcement, or some sort of news in some sort of paper? Google it yourself, you'll find nothing. No press release, nothing. With this sort of thing, you gotta have a press release.

High Roller being removed? I seriously doubt it. Though I'd love to see a new ride up there (that one swooping down the tower, damn it!), they're not closing it any time soon.

^Then melted down to make robots, which will then be melted down to make oil cans, which will then be melted down to build more robots.

Colin"if anyone can tell me whats that's from Ill give you a cookie"C

Sounds like something from Futurama...

Chris B

Thats what i was going to say

Alright here's your cookie:

Colin C

^I wouldn't want them to do it, it's completely pointless.... and it was Arrow. Ew. Also, it seemd like a rip off of an Intamin 1st gen drop tower, like Free Fall.

I just want a big ole Intamin drop ride on the side of it. 10 across, facing the strip. Like Drop Zone @ Carowinds, similar, but more seats per car.

Really though, I think a modified flyer(not a volare, ew) would be nice... and absolutely terrifying. Could you imagine a big swoosh turn over the side of that thing. I could make such a fun ride of that layout...

We've got heaps of excellent ideas, thing is, most of these are unpracticle or just not worth it.

Bear in mind that the idea has to a) come up in several hundred pieces... b) not require fairly deep footers.... c) and work within a small space safely and efficiently.

Taking into account that the space is a round circle, why not have a modified version of those carnival flat rides that eventually go sideways when they go around faster and faster in a circle of some sort. You could have a large circuit with dips going up and down, and when the cars go sideways, you could add in an extension to the steel pivotal point so the car actually hangs out of the tower.

Hanging sideways, doing some serious speed, and over a 1000 feet off the strip? Tickets/changing rooms anyone?

The greatest thing in the world would be an Intamin Giant Drop down the side of that thing. No contest, it'd be plain awesome. It would be what, seven/eight seconds of pure freefall?

However, I'm not sure if it would actually be possible.

There must be a limit to how long and fast those rides can travel? I don't think they even run on wheels, more of sliding pads. That'd probably be an issue at such a grand scale.

Also, anyone who's ridden Blue Fall will know that one particular track has a nasty little wobble in it. Was that perhaps a sign of the limits that modern engineering has when trying to make things perfectly straight for huge distances?

^ I don't follow your idea exactly, but the idea of one of those round rides with swing out cars does sound good!

Anyone know the rough dimentions of the tower top? I'd like to have a go at designing something for it

Cerberus

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That was on my ROLLER COASTERS I HAVE TO RIDE list that i never made!!

I haven't even been to the Stratosphere, or Las Vegas, or Nevada! Maybe because I live in Virginia and i'm in 6th grade and haven't been to a theme park in 4 months... I can't survive!

Wow.... what I typed really got off track...

Well, anyways...NOOOOO!

Taking into account that the space is a round circle, why not have a modified version of those carnival flat rides that eventually go sideways when they go around faster and faster in a circle of some sort. You could have a large circuit with dips going up and down, and when the cars go sideways, you could add in an extension to the steel pivotal point so the car actually hangs out of the tower.

Hanging sideways, doing some serious speed, and over a 1000 feet off the strip? Tickets/changing rooms anyone?

I think they have a swing ride that tilts you 45 degrees down looking off the tower...

Today wasthe last day of operationas reguard to 2 posts ago....We have insanity which is already in operations, Spinning passengers 64ft over the towers edge 902ft above ground. at a 70 degree angle.

So long High Roller!!!

John

Why stop at the edge...

...when you can go over!?

Isn't a "round cirlcle" redundant?

R.I.P High Roller!

You were a cheap thrill just like the rest of Las Vegas!

May I say the auto-spiel one more time to remind us of the attention needed ride?

WELCOME TO THE HIGH ROLLER!

the highest roller coaster in the world!

for your safety please keep your hands lowered.

and your arms and legs inside the cars at all times.

Smile for the camera! and enjoy your ride!

Christian "who payed 25 dollars for a wristband to get this credit" Benvenuto