TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knott's Berry Farm TR and new Video!

Alright, so here it is.

Last Sunday some of my family was down in So Cal. They wanted to have lunch at the Chicken Dinner place. I suggested that we get to the park before 10:00; go to the craft show for a little while and then have lunch. Instead we got to the park at around 2:00 PM!!! After my Uncle dropped us off it took him about 35 minutes to find a place to park. I did the Toys for Tots deal and got into the park for only $10. The rest of my family really wanted to go to the Craft Show. It says on the park's website that its $7.00 addmission if you want to just go to the craft show. Well, I can't varify this for sure but my family was complaining because Knotts doesn't do the $7.00 craft show titckets on the weekend. They said that it never said that on the site that park's site. So, some of them decided that after lunch they would go and buy a $10 gift and get in that way. Well, we waited almost 3 hours for the chicken dinner place! Not only was there a long line but many people were complaining of how certain groups of people were being seated before others. Here's an example of what we saw.

Group A has 4 people in its group. They have been waiting outside for 3 hours but since no tables of 4 have opened up they can not be seated.

Groups B and C both have 2 people in them. They wait for about 10 minutes and are seated.

Knotts wouldn't think about possibly combining two tables that seat 2 so that the group that's been out there for 3 hours can sit down. Anyway, after the 3 hour wait we were finally sitting down. The food was good, not great.

After the Lunch...well more like Dinner horror. Some of them left the park and some went inside the park. I was one that went inside the park. The park was very crowded. Now, thats not Knott's fault at all. But twice at the park I was talked to very rudley by staff. One case was on Boomerang's exit I was filming the train when a ride op comes out litterally screaming at the guests who are standing on the exit. "Everyone here needs to move now! Come on people lets go...move on! I'm not going to stop yelling till I see everyone off of the exit..come on lets go! That means you too sir, your not special; lets go!" She was by far the worst park empolyee I had ever seen! The second one was when I was filming infront of Surpreme Scream. I was standing watching one of the towers run. Then I heard a very stern "Move!"...I looked to see that it was a janitor sweeper picker-upper dude telling me that I was in his path of cleaning with his broom! I just kinda gave him a weird look and moved to the side. Anyway, the only ride I got on was Boomerange which was running well, but even it had a 2 hour wait!

So, the day ends (Thank god!) with our worst yet trip to Knotts!.

Now about the video, I was only actually inside the park when it was daytime for a very short time. Which is why I don't have THAT much footage. But I love the song I picked for Knotts...it truley deserved it!

http://homepage.mac.com/marsviolet/iMovieTheater122.html

_six

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, its weird. I really wanted to go to Knott's for years, but after starting to come to this website, I really don't want to go there. From the stuff Robb and other members have posted, it really makes me want to stay clear. Is there any reason at all that I should go to Knott's while on a future California trip?

you HAVE to be kidding!!!!

that song was playing on my itunes when the movie started!!!!

that AND i was thinking about making a vid to it... weird

anyway, you did good for not having much footage, but you should have put those a****le employees in the vid!

LOL! You know, I actually did try to film the op who was on the exit of boomerang. But for one reason or another it didn't record! Huh, oh well. I'm sure next time there will be chances for more rude ops!

_six

You know, its weird. I really wanted to go to Knott's for years, but after starting to come to this website, I really don't want to go there. From the stuff Robb and other members have posted, it really makes me want to stay clear. Is there any reason at all that I should go to Knott's while on a future California trip?

If you've never been there, its great fun. But if you go there constantly you get bored of it pretty fast, and than you think of ways to complain about it. It's like eating your favorite food frequently, it starts to not be your favorite and then you want to go to better things.

Basically lets put knotts this way...

When Cedar Fair plops in a ride at knotts, its like they never really plan it out that much in an atmospherical approach. One thing I hate about Silver Bullet is that they still could have more lake (even if split up by the train) but they could have had more water and it would have made it better. They half do things and in the process they take out Knott's charm in the process and never really bring that charm back into the park. But if you've never been there before, its great fun.

I feel the same way. I have never been to the area but I know I will go eventually but not sure if I will go to Knott's or not. I really have a bad impression about the place from what I have read from bad operations (like the 1 train empty, 1 train full on Jaguar and many 1 train operation coasters), rude employees like the ones mentioned in this T/R and just a whole negative attitude about the place.

Sorry to hear that! I usally avoid Knott's during Toys for Tots.

It says on the park's website that its $7.00 addmission if you want to just go to the craft show. Well, I can't varify this for sure but my family was complaining because Knotts doesn't do the $7.00 craft show titckets on the weekend. They said that it never said that on the site that park's site.

from knotts.com:

Monday through Friday guests may purchase Crafts Village only tickets; $7 for adults, $5 for seniors and children 11 and under are admitted free.

Monday through Friday guests may purchase Crafts Village only tickets; $7 for adults, $5 for seniors and children 11 and under are admitted free.

In all honesty I really from the start thought that they had overlooked it. But, I heard at least 5 groups of people complaining to someone about "not advertising it". Anyway, thanks Evan for clearing that up.

_six

You know guys I just wanted to say that NOT all knott's employee's are rude.............

I happen to be one of them (the not rude kind), and I do know the woman your talking about, I have worked with her on boomerang many times, her name is *** (its a 3 letter name figure it out, needless to say she is quitting the job. Its unfortunate that some people dont have a good time, most guests that I chat with usually sound like they are having a good time. For those of you who have not been to the park I would give it a try. You cant really judge until you have been there.

Matt - In no way defending that employee's actions, it was rude and un-called for.

You know guys I just wanted to say that NOT all knott's employee's are rude.............

I happen to be one of them (the not rude kind), and I do know the woman your talking about, I have worked with her on boomerang many times, her name is *** (its a 3 letter name figure it out, needless to say she is quitting the job. Its unfortunate that some people dont have a good time, most guests that I chat with usually sound like they are having a good time. For those of you who have not been to the park I would give it a try. You cant really judge until you have been there.

Matt - In no way defending that employee's actions, it was rude and un-called for.

Well, myself and I think all the others don't think that "All" the employees there are rude; or even most of them. But its the ones that are which are the ones that stand out and make the TR's. I just want to say that I don't wish this thread to become a "bash" knotts thread. Although my day at Knotts was terrible I have in the past had great days at Knotts. BTW Freefallin, thanks for not being in the "minority" of the workers who are rude.

_six

I live in the UK, visited So.Cal for a couple of weeks in Summer 2004. I spent a full day at Knotts, plus an extra evening.

IT'S A MUST-VISIT.

I can pick holes in a park like Alton Towers, or Thorpe Park, but at the end of the day, if you come over to the UK from the USA, you should still visit those parks!

I personally really enjoyed Knotts. Ghost Rider was disappointing, but other than that, it's great. A nice selection of water rides, a few decent flats, plus the incredible Xcelerator. It's a certain-visit if you're in So.Cal!

I feel the same way. I have never been to the area but I know I will go eventually but not sure if I will go to Knott's or not. I really have a bad impression about the place from what I have read from bad operations (like the 1 train empty, 1 train full on Jaguar and many 1 train operation coasters), rude employees like the ones mentioned in this T/R and just a whole negative attitude about the place.

When I took my then 9 year old to Disneyland,/DCA, San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, and Knott's Berry Farm in 2004-we had one extra day. When I asked her which park-she said "Berry Farm".

This year, when we make another trek to Southern California, she (and I) are looking forward to Silver Bullet, Ghost Rider, Montezooma's Revenge and Xcelerator.

Yes, I will take her on Boomerang as well

We are also looking forward to Magic Mountain as well-following the Tatsu thread, but as for fun for your bucks, especially that $13 kid price, you can't beat Knott's!

zoom3.jpg.367c9a70aef13a81c9f5c9a32b5d40e5.jpg

Here's my Goofy family at another park

Knott's disciminates against riders with glasses. My friend is legally blind without her glasses and we waited extra long to get a front row seat on Xcelerator so she could see. They would not let her ride even though her glasses were secure with straps. We spoke to Tiffany in guest services and Tiffany said it is an Intamin policy about glasses. I can't imaging Intamin even caring about whether someone loses glasses. Knott's policy states that headgear is allowed as long as it is secure. She has ridden Kingda Ka, Top Thrill Dragster, Millenium Force, and Wicked Twister. ALL with her glasses. We left Knott's without even riding Ghost Rider. I do not ever plan to go back there again!

I think you should at least pay Knotts a visit and then make up your own mind. You may find that you really enjoy it

I visited Knotts back in December 2004/Jan 2005 had had two great days here and can't wait to visit again. In my opinion it was much better and cleaner than Magic Mountain. Some great coasters, although Silver Bullet was a disappointment, short queues and the staff were friendly. No problems with any of them and no problems taking pictures although this is only my experience and others may have found different.

At any park there will be one or two bad staff, there certainly are at one of my most visited parks, but remember that there will also be some first class employees doing their best to give you a good day.

People'e experiences with Knott's seem to vary, I have been this year and last towards the end of September on a weekday and it's been great. All the rides were running and there was no wait.

It is strange you can go Top Thrill Dragster with glasses with a strap but not Xcelerator, I think Cedar Fair should be consistent but maybe it has something to do with California Law.

One word. GO.

I think that the omnipresent Knotts ripping here is a case of "familiarity breeds contempt." There are a lot of SoCalers on this board, and when you can go to a park all year long, you tend to get kinda picky about it. Same with myself and Valleyfair (my home park).

I went to Knott's last spring for Solace, and I thought Knott's was fantastic! While there are things to worry about, I thought the overall experience was much better than the Mountain.

I agree with the rock, Knott's is one of my favorite p[arks. Aside from the branson twins, and of course Holiday World, I think Knotts is a jolly ol' time. What bugs me is the people that bitch and moan about how they strap you down to tight, don't let you take things on the rides ect ect..... It is always pretty simple explaations.

Glasses on Xcelerator: Launch from 0 to 82 in 2.3 seconds, top hat supplying over negative 1 g..... Glasses worn by someone then come off, fly backwards, hit someone in the eyes that is not wearing glasses, now there are 2 legally blind people on that train. Try to look at what Knott's does from a logistics or insurance standpoint, not a "that is so unfair because my friend didn't get the perfect experience" standpoint. I too have worn glasses and had to take them off, making the entire ride completely blurry, but I did something that was more pleasing for me, got contacts....

I agree with the rock, Knott's is one of my favorite p[arks. Aside from the branson twins, and of course Holiday World, I think Knotts is a jolly ol' time. What bugs me is the people that bitch and moan about how they strap you down to tight, don't let you take things on the rides ect ect..... It is always pretty simple explaations.

Glasses on Xcelerator: Launch from 0 to 82 in 2.3 seconds, top hat supplying over negative 1 g..... Glasses worn by someone then come off, fly backwards, hit someone in the eyes that is not wearing glasses, now there are 2 legally blind people on that train. Try to look at what Knott's does from a logistics or insurance standpoint, not a "that is so unfair because my friend didn't get the perfect experience" standpoint. I too have worn glasses and had to take them off, making the entire ride completely blurry, but I did something that was more pleasing for me, got contacts....

My wife forgot to take her visor off on the Corkscrew at the PNE. It flew off on the first hill and hit the guy behind her right in the face.

This was on Corkscrew, which according to RCDB, has a top speed of 40 mph.