TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Intamin Drop Towers

I just read on Screamscape Geauga Lake is now removing their First Generation Free Fall tower does anyone know how many of these are left world wide? I know of SFGADV, SFMM, CP and I think one of the SF Texas parks still has one. Are their more out there it seems their a dying breed.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

There are atlest two in Japan, one at Nagashima Spaland and one at Himeji Central Park I believe. Cedar Point's Demon Drop is still operating, although probably not for long, and SFMM's Freefall is still existant... Although I'm not sure if SFMM has it running consistantly.

I'm still kicking myself for not riding Demon Drop while I was at Cedar Point back in May

same here - to a novice like myself it seams a good a reason to visit (in a rush) as any of the coasters.

I've seen a video of the mechanism of it all going on and that also looks very sadly yet blissfully cool to me

I repeatedly rode Freefall at SFMM both times I was there this year because I know it's only a matter of time before that is removed. I can't see them removing it for a new attraction as it's underneath Riddler's Revenge and there would be no room. I can see them just leaving it closed to rust away like they are doing with Flashback.

I liked the ride...it was just a little too loud in my opinion...well the one at SFOG was...but they have taken out the Freefall at SFOG. I think it was removed this past off-season.

Off-topic- in place of the Freefall at SFOG I think they need to put 1 or 2 GOOD flat rides or a Vertical Velocity coaster. lol...just thought I would share that with yall...ha