TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bad Color Schemes and/or Just Ugly Coasters

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been a fan of uniformly-painted coasters (like T3) as well as "rainbow" coasters that change track color during the course (Carolina Cyclone). Otherwise, any coaster that has a solid track color and solid support color is more or less fine by me. I actually like Valravn's scheme quite a bit!

"rainbow" coasters. . .

rainbow-roller-coaster.jpg?w=1038&h=576&crop=1

Agreed. *gags*

I actually like Valravn's scheme quite a bit!

Also, agreed. It doesn't "blend in" with Rougarou. They are two different colors, and one has a giant silver stripe on it. . .

Personally I really like Valravn's color scheme. However, speaking of bad color schemes. . . I just hate Kingda Ka's color scheme.

Kingda_Ka_664568_i0.jpg

Yeah, yuck.

I actually like Valravn's scheme quite a bit!

Also, agreed. It doesn't "blend in" with Rougarou. They are two different colors, and one has a giant silver stripe on it. . .

Personally I really like Valravn's color scheme.

Actually, many people I have personally witnessed feel they DO blend in, and I also agree, so apparently, your view is simply your perspective. The reality of the situation, is that both tracks are Orange (which IS the same color), just two different shades of the same color (that look very similar depending on what time of day it is, and how much sun is shining on them.) The supports are two different colors, obviously, but they are definitely in the category of "similar." As for the white stripe, it's barely noticeable from the side. Bully for you if you like Valravn's color scheme. But to say they don't blend in, is simply your perspective, not something you can state declaratively, since they DO in fact, blend in to many people, depending on where you're looking at them from.

However, speaking of bad color schemes. . . I just hate Kingda Ka's color scheme.

Kingda_Ka_664568_i0.jpg

Yeah, yuck.

Now you've REALLY gone and done it! One of the most beautiful color schemes in existence on a coaster, and you say yuck! (And after saying you like the BMish Valravn color...) Clearly, we do not have similar tastes in color!

KK's scheme was a lot better when the paint was fresh and the softer colors really popped. Still, I really enjoy it.

I really hate both of Great Nor'Easter's color schemes. All pinkish red and all white are just hideous. Same colored track + supports, aside from all black like original scheme on some of the B: TR clones, are just a bad combo.

I don't have a pic, but basically all coasters at Expoland in Japan. They are all white! absolutly no color, how boring is that!

same for all of FERARRI Land's Roller Coaster's enspecially the Formula Russia.

Any questions?

Obviously a sandstorm has much less force behind it but how long do you seriously expect that paint to last compared to the average coaster?