TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bad Color Schemes and/or Just Ugly Coasters

Canobie Corkscrew's original paint job never looked good. Maybe it's an iconic paint scheme for an Arrow, but... mustard yellow track with black supports? That combo never looks good.

Thankfully, it was just repainted last year. Now it has electric blue track, a teal spine, and white supports, and looks a lot more relaxing, not to mention unique.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Corkscrew at Silverwood has a reverse color scheme to Canobie Corkscrew's original paint, with black track and yellow supports, and it looks nice . That new color scheme looks kinda weird with the ties being different from the track and spine.

I also do not care for Flight Deck's all-gray scheme.

Same here, Frankly I think that Kings Island should repaint Flight Deck's track to sky blue, white, army green, or back to red!

Shock Wave at Kings Dominion had an ugly color scheme before they repainted the track lime green!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Honestly I like the second paint of Dragon better which is blue and white. The new color scheme is surely unique but it is too bizzare for a park related to ocean. The older color fits pertectly to the ocean and mountain. But I prefer the new color to the original color which was completely white.

I think the ugliest color scheme is the new paint of Crystal Wing at Happy Valley Beijing. Makes me want to tear it down so bad

Canobie Corkscrew's original paint job never looked good. Maybe it's an iconic paint scheme for an Arrow, but... mustard yellow track with black supports? That combo never looks good.

I disagree, I think that is a great combination. That's what they are using for El Loco at Adventuredome and it looks fantastic.

• 5 months later...
I couldn't stand the old colors of Mind Eraser at Six Flags America. The teal track and red supports looked hideous. Its new paint scheme is much better.

Well, as Billy Crystal's Fernando on SNL used to say, "It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous."

I disagree, I think that is a great combination. That's what they are using for El Loco at Adventuredome and it looks fantastic.

I too disagree, Canobie Corkscrew always had a great looking paint job. But the new one is so awesome! Really fits the retro feel of the park.

I'm not fond of Flashback's new colors at SFNE. I liked the blue and yellow much better.

Great Nor'Easter's new white colors are really ugly in my opinion. I also dislike the newer orange colors for Gold Reef City's Anaconda and the new yellow colors for Crystal Wing.

I always thought Insane Speed at Janfusun Fancyworld was pretty garish.

This one right here is probably the worst I've seen.

To dust off a rather old chestnut, that does looks like a ripoff of the Superman coasters color scheme from Six Flags, it's so ugly that it makes want to barf!

Speaking of Superman, Darien Lake's Ride of Steel really needs a repaint to something other red and blue and a new name!

• 1 year later...

I know this may not be a coaster, but I think that the old Barracuda Bay entrance/bunny house at Darien Lake felt out of place with the rest of the "Thunder Road" area since the teal and the building was kind of ugly.

Before

14339552513_cc1cbfec51.jpg

After: a nice tan color, much better than the old teal paint job!

19304004292_fd250a04b8.jpg

The Dragon at Ocean Park Hong Kong. Purple, green and yellow don't mix

Meanwhile, I think that's actually one of the prettier coasters out there. I don't know why, I just like how they put a lot of effort into painting the supports multiple colors.

Anyway, I really don't like Monster at Walygator Park. I know Orochi was all white, but I feel like they could have done so much more than just a pink stripe across the main spine.

Well I think Time Warp (Tomb Raider: The Ride from 2004-2007) at Canada's Wonderland had a bad colour scheme as it was blue on the lower half of the supports and teal or sea-foam green on the upper part of the supports while the track being a bright yellow and the cars being orange. Since the beginning of the 2013 season, Time Warp has sported a dark yellow track with dark blue supports and still has the orange cars, which are okay as too much yellow or blue is a bad thing. I like the current colour scheme much better than the previous one. Below is a photo of Time Warp with its original colour scheme.

Photo © Iain Hendry 2004 via rcdb.com