TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Bad Color Schemes and/or Just Ugly Coasters

At Kings Island, Top Gun/Flight Deck is that awful gray color, or at least it was years ago when I rode it. Also at KI, Vortex bums me out color-wise... it just looks so drab. That dark green color they used is awful, and having it topped with bright orange makes it worse. I do love the way the coaster itself looks though, I always loved the layout of the big Arrow loopers.

Speaking of green and orange, Pandemonium at SFNE gives me the same feeling.

I also agree with Nitro at SFGrAdv. It's such an awesome coaster, I feel like it should look a little more menacing.

This post also made me realize my favorite coasters for color/aesthetics... Drachen Fire (that light blue with the red trains was awesome), Kumba, and Talon at Dorney Park.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Dragon Coaster! Does this mean that the Dutch Wonderland Sky Princess isn't the only coaster to have had a gender change anymore?

The worst part is that they kept the color scheme of the trains exactly the same.

Or, maybe Six Flags will do this to every coaster whose train has a "Stride Shift" wrap. That would be absolutely vulgar.

• 2 weeks later...
To be honest, most things I've seen in America lack good colour schemes.

What's funny about your post, is that the UK actually has some of the most pointless color schemes I've ever seen on some coasters. No joke. They're all (for the most part) really faded (see Nemesis) and don't do anything for me. But that was a nice try.

I am agreeing with the USA peoples here. Alot of UK coasters are "fading" Oblivion, Sonic Spinball, Colossus, Shockwave (until recently) and G Force (until recently). I do have to dispute about Nemesis, as it was designed to look old and faded. I always think Rage is pretty garish though... PINK AND YELLOW = TASTY

• 2 months later...
To be honest, most things I've seen in America lack good colour schemes.

What's funny about your post, is that the UK actually has some of the most pointless color schemes I've ever seen on some coasters. No joke. They're all (for the most part) really faded (see Nemesis) and don't do anything for me. But that was a nice try.

They're not very ugly, but not very good.

• 5 months later...

I think any wooden coaster that is not the natural color of the wood it's made of is not great looking. Even white colored ones, I just think it looks much better when its the natural color.

Blue streak at CP makes it work though

I think any wooden coaster that is not the natural color of the wood it's made of is not great looking. Even white colored ones, I just think it looks much better when its the natural color.

What are those 2 woodies at BPB that are Neon Blue & Orange?

• 1 year later...

I really like coloured woodies actually, Nick Streak is probably the brightest thing in Blackpool - it looks really good.

^Eww. And it's faded too.