TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last Item Bought

Luxo

We just spent over $70 cdn for a bunch of Italian-related stuff from a close by,  "totally Italian" grocery store, LOL!

.... Bosa Foods   https://bosafoods.com/   A really awesome place to find good Italian (and local) food products and deli, in Vancouver.

This included gnocchi, pitted olives (for a future loaf of home made bread), cheeses, egg noodles and some 'deli' to eat immediately! ⛲

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just mailed out most of my Holiday Card List. All the out of town cards. And yes, I still do send out cards.

I enjoy the fact that when handwritten, the card becomes all the more special, to people I send them to.

And I certainly appreciate and enjoy receiving cards, too. And a good # of them in the past have been bee-yoo-tiful!

Anyway, along with a couple of gift packages mailed, stamps for International; USA; Canada = $94.82 ....... Cdn. 🎁

• 4 months later...

Between the wonderful French dinner we had on Thursday, and the amazing Cirque show (Alegria) we saw last night, with VIP tickets....

We spent almost $1000 (Cdn) for our 50th Anny (almost) Weekend! The VIP tickets were bought last November. And paid for, by now. Still ....🤑

P.S. Forgot to add: we did a pre-Anniversary amazing steak/lobster dinner at our fave steak house (The KEG) a few weeks back. And that cost us nearly $190 Cdn. with taxes, tip, and gift cards. So we definitely did a Thousand Dollar Anniversary for ourselves, lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Over $100 worth of Halloween candy on clearance. I paid $47. The only problem (other than all the calories I'll be too lazy to work off) was that while everything was tagged for clearance on the shelves, when it was rung up, it still read full price and had to be manually changed. Thank you to Rita the cashier for helping me.

I did this shopping at 2am--long after the rush for the deals. While ringing me up, we mused as to how many people paid full price, never thinking to check if they actually were getting the deals.

Pizza Night, tonight!

When means, I went across the street. had  a lovely plateful of spaghetti w/bacon (Carbonara?) all through it.

And then I ordered a pizza for pick up, later tonight.

Total cost, with a tip: $65 Cdn. 🍕 (I also had two beers, while there.)

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered two "VIP Experience" tickets to another Cirque du Soleil show coming to town, one year from now: KOOZA.

This is the show's second appearance in Vancouver, the first being in .... 2010. And we saw it back then.

This time though, we get lots of perks, including great seats, open bar and nibbles, and it all costs ..... $632 (cdn) for two tix.

And this will be paid off before the year is over. Woo hoo! 🎪

• 1 year later...

Had to get a brand new refrigerator the week before Christmas weekend! $940 (cdn)

But we had the House Savings account for something like this. Still. timing was NOT perfect, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bought tickets to the new Cirque du Soleil show coming to town in November .... ECHO.

And for the third time doing this, we're going VIP again! Free appys and tapas, drinks, meeting cast members, separate entry, bathrooms and a lovely outdoor terrace (with separate tables and chairs) to eat, drink, and enjoy the evening. Plus, we get a "swag bag" each, with the programme in it and 'other surprises.'

The total cost of this is nearly $700 Cdn. (just over $500 for the U.S.), but after doing it twice, definitely worth it for us. And they announce the show usually over a year from it's arrival. Thereby making it easy to pay for the tickets, and having them paid in full, by the time we see the show. Yay!

🎪