TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Live Music

Eagle Rider

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see too many shows. I'm addicted to spending my money on bands and booze. It's fun though.

Semi Recent Highlights:

Depeche Mode- At Sports Arena here in San Diego; I was taken by a friend at the last minute when he and his date split before the show. I forgot how many pre Violator songs were staples. They kept playing these songs I totally forgot about, and hadn't thought about in years. It was a huge, fantastic suprise.

Trey Anastasio- At 4th & B, in San Diego as well. In high school/early college I spent a lot of energy enjoying Phish and made some incredible memories, and Trey played a very Phish friendly show with lots of Gamehendgy goodness. It was much better than the Vegoose set I watched over Halloween weekend, but Trey's sit in's at that show were pretty phenominal. Who knew Dave could sound so good?

The Shins- In Vegas for Vegoose festival. I think this is the umpteenth time I've seen these guys, and the set was sick!

LCD Soundsystem- HOB San Diego. I wish I had caught these guys the first opportunity I had. Watching the show I was all: "if I was in a band it would be just like this!".

Songbird- All around San Diego area. A friend of a friend's band that is actually good. I'll dance my ass off at their shows. They play often. Check 'em out, you heard it here first.

Aqueduct- Knitting Factory, LA. My buddy from high school Dave actually is kind of making a living now playing music. Always cool to see his booty shakin' skills in person.

Chaz- Alabi Bar, 1/2 block from my apt. The guitar player is from my hometown Tulsa, OK. We met here in SD at a party 2 years ago when his band Chaz just formed, and I've been going to the shows since. This one was good as always, and around 2 am I invited pretty much the entire bar to my apt. for after hours dance party and several 30 packs. Sorry neighbors!

Now that I've got the brain going I realize I could go on forever, so I'll stop. Yes, I'm addicted to live music.

Wow, thanks for sharing what's happening in your musical lives. Live music has always been a huge part of my life. I've traveled the US extensively following my favorite bands on tour. Now I'm planning to do to same to ride coasters. I can't wait to do the Ohio coaster tour and then head to Pennsylvania. I've been wanting to ride the Thunderblt since the 80s, not to mention Phantom's Revenge. Since I've been browsing coasters online for the past few years I've learned about Knobel's and really want to ride the Phoenix. My dream vacation is to tour major theme parks while catching national and local bands along the way.

Peace and Love to everyone in the TPR community. I'm glad to have found this forum.

Eagle Rider

Its very cool the original Anthrax lineup is back together again. But where are the Florida dates? I hope they don't become like Iron Maiden and never schedule Florida dates anymore. They both still owe me a live concert after cancelling the '91 Florida section of the tour when Anthrax/Iron Maiden toured together.

I got to catch the Maiden/Anthrax tour at the AJ Palumbo Center in Pittsburgh (back in the day), but unfortunately they cancelled on me this time around. I had tickets for the Judas Priest/Anthrax show last summer.

Last concert I went to was night one of the KROQ Almost Accoustic Christmas @ the Gibson (Universal) Amplitheatre. Rise Against, Avenged Sevenfold, Thrice, Fall out Boy, Korn, NIN, and System of a Down.

I'm planning on seeing Allister/MEST, Less than Jake, and possibly Goldfinger/Zebrahead in the next couple of months. It's nice to have the HOB at Downtown Disney!

Last concert I went to was night one of the KROQ Almost Accoustic Christmas @ the Gibson (Universal) Amplitheatre. Rise Against, Avenged Sevenfold, Thrice, Fall out Boy, Korn, NIN, and System of a Down.

I'm planning on seeing Allister/MEST, Less than Jake, and possibly Goldfinger/Zebrahead in the next couple of months. It's nice to have the HOB at Downtown Disney!

Its cool to see that Less than Jake (as well as Sister Hazel) have done pretty well. I remember seeing Less than Jake at the Hardback Cafe (I miss that place) when they just started here in Gainesville. Sister Hazel used to play at Leanne's favorite resturaunt (Napolitanos)....which is almost finished rebuilding after that fire about 6 months ago.

The last concert I saw was about a year or two ago at our county fair. It was a free concert, so that was cool. Anyway, I saw Jump 5, and I got to stand RIGHT in front of the stage! It was my sister, my grandpa, and I. It was so cool!! 8)

Last concert that I saw was Fall Out Boy November 22nd! What a great show! Managed to get right up front when they came on! Also there was Starting Line, Motion City Soundtrack, and Panic At The Disco. I think there was one more band but we got there a little late.
OMG,your sooo effin lucky,im so jealous.