TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Just Vent!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halfpipe at Elitch Gardens is a lame excuse for a coaster. Slow, rough, pointless spinning. And they market it as an alternative to snowboarding. To be honest I would rather go snowboarding (I'm a skiier) than ride Halfpipe again.

Also, Kong at SFDK just plain sucks. No question about that. Although I still ride it when I'm there so I get the credit.

Grizzly pisses me off too! All that wood would be better used as toothpicks, you know, something usefull. Its just asking to be bombed and totally go up in a big fireball with lots of thick black smoke! At least that would be cool to watch....no sir, I dont like it.

The Texas Giant at 6FoT and the Rattler at 6FFT. Hands down the two worst coasters I have ever been on. I have never been on any coaster that has made me feel more like $h!t after riding them than these two hunks of junk.
I'm glad someone else agrees! I'm tired of people saying "It's good!..." Yeah maybe 10 years ago.

Canobie Corkscrew is just pointless sitting in Canobie Lake right now. Its fun to ride maybe one in awhile, but its rough and no one ever rides it. Most of the time it never has a line, and I only saw a good sized line for it once from the many many times I have gone there. As much as I would hate to see it go, it would be a good move for Canobie.

Mean Streak-What a POS. Its trimmed to death so there is no airtime or any force of any kind. When I close my eyes, I can't even tell that I'm on a rollercoaster. I was fighting to stay awake the entire longass ride.

Grizzly @ PGA-Same reasons as Mean Streak.

Magnum. Why does everybody say it's so good? The hills are like triangles. The transitions are horrible. It's just another Arrow POS.

Wouldn't this be because of how old it is, technology and coat hangers being so readily available back then. Sorry couldn't resist.

Coaster wise I'd say Viper at Six Flags Great Adventure. So rough yet so enjoyable. A smaller park could have bought and re-used it. I loved that ride.

For all the nay sayers, I am a Mean Streak fan boy. I liked it. I'm really not too judgmental on coasters. I like them after riding them. I've come off SLC's with a bruise yet still found ways to enjoy them.

Millennium Force ranks as my most 'disappointing' and by that I mean complete crock of shiiiiiite. Thrown over the lift hill so quickly there is no suspense hanging at the front and no 'whip' at the back, other than the final bunny hop I don't experience any airtime of note - and frankly every time I ride it I step on with a negative attitude and it is only re-enforced. I keep riding it just so I can hate it more.

Got to hand it to the mega enthusiastic ride ops though who really give it up before and after......'How was your Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiide?' It seems a bit churlish to say 'total crap' so I don't say it, I just think it.

Steve- that was good getting to vent like that-C

PS - I really like Magnum!

Magnum. Why does everybody say it's so good? The hills are like triangles. The transitions are horrible. It's just another Arrow POS.

Yeah, totally. The only good thing about Magnum is that it paved the way for the Swiss hypers. Otherwise it totally blows. The trains look retro cool, but give a massively uncomfortable, penis-smashing ride. And the turnaround taken from the back seat is just plain awful.

I've given Magnum a number of chances to see if I'm missing something or just got an unusually bad cycle, but it always gives me laughably bad rides. It seems like a very early state prototype that wasn't quite ready for production.

All these Batmans!Everyone is the same B&M Inverted coaster (Except Dark Nigth coasters and the B&M Floorless one,but these disturbs me too!)

What language is that?

I have never had less fun on a roller coaster than when I rode Talon. It was terribly rough, I greyed out several times, there was no airtime to speak of, my legs were in horrible pain, and I had an awful headache for an hour afterward.

WTF is the appeal in that?

There is one coaster that I love/hate. That is Ghostrider. I mean, it ran AMAZING the first few years it was open. Now, it's just constant pain. I mean, I can stand the pain because there are still some great pops of ejector air, but the roughness is really starting to get to me. Last time I went on it, I came home with bruises. Seriously Knott's, FIX THIS RIDE!!

---Brent

I'm glad this is leaving: Batman and Robin: The Chiller. Seriously, that ride was THIS FUDGING LOUD, and I always felt awful after getting off. I'm yet to enjoy a coaster that goes through it's entire course, then goes through it again backwards.

Raging Bull- This ride annoys me just because it underachieves compared to its earlier days. This used to be unbelievably good. Opening year, it was nothing short of awesome. Even a few years later, it was still running pretty darn sweet, but now it's brake raped to hell. People don't realize how much that first trim takes away from the ride if they've never been on the trim-less version. I'm sure there is a good reason it has been trimmed, but nevertheless, it's still frustrating.

Boss- Kind of the same deal with Raging Bull. Opening year, this thing was incredible. It was my favorite woodie for a short while. Since then though, it has also become trimmed, as well as really rough. The latter is accented by it's G-trains. It could be so good if it was done right.

I can't stand it when people say Maverick is 'rough'. It may be shakey, but it's not rough! I've rode in almost every row and I can't say it's rough. Coming out of the tunnel/launch is is vibratey in the back....no where near rough, but it should be smoother because of how new the ride is.

I absolutely hate Firehawk's down time. It takes an hour longer than any other coaster in the park to open, and it's down 50% of the time I try to get on. Down or not working 100%.

I'm going to steal Scaparri's term "brake raped" abit for this one .

The Beast. Soooo many trims. Why? Well I guess there might be good reasons, but this monster is stripped of sheer speed and airtime. I really really miss the Beast in its form.

Flight of Fear. WHY did it have to have the MCBR's on soooo damn hard?! My friend is a full time op there and she says they were forced to do that so the ride is longer. WTF. I miss those insanely fast turns and the whip through cork! Even though it's still one of my favorite rides at KI.

-JZ

Flight of Fear @ KD.

Rode it this year and it was horrible. I expected it to be even better than Joker's Jinx here at SFA, but that MCBR killed any chance of it being a decent ride. That thing slowed down more on the MCBR than Joker does on its final brakes!

And, just for the record, Talon provided me with forces, airtime, and an incredibly smooth ride. Everyone complains, but I couldn't find a single thing wrong with it (other than that trim on the immelmann).

Texas Giant was rough as hell and there were to many trim breaks. We were halfway down the drop and we were still stopping. wtf??? I hated it and I think I always will. Titan seem pointless and boring.

All those damn boomerang and SLC coaster. Stop replacing them and just scrap them all.

Vekoma should just not exist period.