TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Demon Falls River Adventure [RCT3]

I've been workin' on this Log Flume a while and I think I'm almost done. I'll probably change some parts when I get the Soaked Expasion.

Anyways, here's the plot of the ride.

You rent a boat at Davey's Boat Rentals, and are warned to stay away from Demon Falls, which has claimed the lives of many people. After floating down the river awhile, there's a fork in the road. A sign tells you that one way leads back to Davey's Boat Rentals, and the other way leads to Demon Falls. Obviously, you take the route to Demon Falls. Everything starts to look spookier, and after going up a hill WHOOSH you go right off the edge of Demon Falls. Luckily, you surrive and everthing becomes happy again (like the zippity doo-dah part of splash moutain) and you return to the station.

I hope to have a teaser video up soon, but in the meantime here are some teaser pics.

Shot0133.jpg.5af463ad766b1875577542bee2832b93.jpg

Shot0135.jpg.d4086689cde07f16149ca0419762c3bd.jpg

Edited by mcjaco

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And sorry to be naggy but is it possible you can put a POV?

Not yet for two reasons:

1. I'm not done with the ride yet. I'm hoping to get the Soaked expasion for Christmas, so then I'll probably change it a lot.

2. I'm still in the "teasing" phase.

Don't worry, there will be a video when I'm done that will include a full POV.

And if you want to make rides like this, all you have to do is spend a lot of time on it. First get a good track design. Then do a ton of work on landscaping. Then add theming, and tons of trees unless it's like a desert themed ride or something. Putting buildings around makes it look good too.

-Smallish

Lookin good Smallish.

About the above, quite a few people spend tons of time on the scenary, but the actual roller coaster (ride ect.) is terrible, which in a POV ruins the ride. So when I do attempt to create a themed ride, I spend about as much time working on getting the actuall coaster just right, then I do putting scenary around it.

Don't bump old topics Ferds. Although it is nice because now I can make another post without bumping. Ferds is lucky you see, he's my friend and he came over yesterday and got to look at the park. Welcome to TPR Ferds108!!!

Anyways, I'll probably have a download up soon. rollercoasterdan's post really made me remember that I have to fix the splashdown area, because it's really unrealistic. That's the only part of the ride that has a bad design, I assure you.

The spooky part of the ride right before the drop is sort of boring. It's just a ton of spooky trees. I just downloaded some custom scenery and it could kinda spice up that part of the ride. I'll probably make a download without custom scenery now, and later I'll have a version with custom scenery (And I'll have a POV for everyone who is reluctant to download custom scenery).

That's all for now! I might even have a download up today!

^That sign says Davey's Boat Rentals.

I added some mist and a waterfall and it started looking pretty spooky. I just downloaded a few sound loops to use on this ride and this one werewolf howl sounds great in the ride. I just lost like a minute of work when I accidentaly placed some custom scenery and RCT3 closed. I have to remember not to add custom scenery now that I have Wild.

demon-photo.jpg.ee5536466d349b43ce0c303b4553605c.jpg

I used photohop to make this photo look cool BTW.