TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster Queues

I remember in 2008 when I went to the park, it literally took us 5 minutes to walk to the coaster, they were soooo smart planning the queue path. And we got lost when we walked through it. There were queues everywhere and we had no clue where to go.

You must of went on a busy day, but after you wait through that, you get in a building with more queue. We got lost before the building.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

I have an interest in ride queues as well (not standing in them for extended periods of time, of course)!

Some of my favorites are Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Sheikra (because it's underneath my favorite coaster), Revenge of the Mummy, and The Beast.

Nemesis' queue is my favourite, you wrap around the ride and under and over and through the pit that the ride is in. Plus there's the blood waterfalls to

You can just about make out some of the queue in this picture.

• 11 months later...

Manta has to be the best! Dueling Dragons is now depressingly boring compared to its former self. Forbidden Journey isn't bad as a little strange though, it has a themed entrance and themed tunnel that lead to a bunch of themed outdoor switchbacks then the throughly themed rest of the castle. I'm also sad to see how bad HRRR's queue turned out its a bunch of switchbacks with painted walls and very annoying tvs. Mission space is also pretty good as I like seeing the horizons tribute.

Manta's line is more if an attraction then a queue IMO.

• 7 months later...

I like DLR Space Mountain's queue with the com chat and theming. Indy's queue is cool, too. I also enjoy the lines of:

Star Tours II @ DLR - Pretty much the same.

Goliath @ SFMM, the tropical themed line.

Autopia @ DLR. PeopleMover music, the comical looping dialogues...

etc.

• 4 months later...
After having spent the weekend at Kings Dominion, I must say that Rebel Yell and Grizzly have the most ungodly loooong drawn out queues! You could almost count 3 or 4 trains dispatched before you hit the loading platform!

Thankfully with the reworking of the path system for DA Grizzly's queue has been shortened dramatically & the whole area in general looks better than it has in a while....Rebel yell on the otherhand is still the same old hike into & out of the station & I so wish the park would somehow fix this.

^ Yes, the Grizzly line is a very reasonable length now and it looks very nice! Rebel Yell's whole entrance ramp is in need of new wood, so hopefully when they redo it, they shorten the length of it.

I'd like to see it redone on the order of Carowinds' thunder road.

• 3 years later...

Time to bring back a dead topic! But I feel like a lot has changed since the last time this thread was discussed, and there might be some new favorite Queue lines now! With that being said... On with the topic!!

One of my favorite queue lines belongs to Expedition Everest! The attention to detail is amazing.

The Funhouse Queue at The Joker in Six Flags Mexico will always be a neat surprise to me and the

others on our TPR 2013 Mexico Tour. And it was all awkward, but not dangerous. Soft landings, if

you fell. A great addition to the coaster, itself.

1784712617_ResizeofIMG_1703.JPG.183e9c3d9d23be267bb1473668d60a62.JPG

Didn't take pix of the queue itself, but I am pretty sure TPR had/has it somewhere.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Since we're on the topic, can we talk about a ride that USED to have the best queue ever, and is now mediocre to poor? DRAGON CHALLENGE! When it was Dueling Dragons, the queue was a work of art. I remember taking more pictures of the queue than the actual ride when I went in 2002. I assumed they would keep it mostly the same, and was very disappointed to learn that they took all the AMAZING themeing out, and replaced it with some mediocre-at-best HP themeing.

Between that and the fact that the ride doesn't duel anymore, I think I can safely say that the park took one of the greatest themes and rides of all time, and ruined it in just about any way possible.