TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2005 Ride Accident Review

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say the girl who died falling from Hydro at Oakwood in Wales, but I believe that was actually 2004, althought the modifications to the ride weren't made until this year.

There was also the British girl who collapsed immediately after riding Tower of Terror at WDW, although it was found to be due to a pre-existing medical condition.

Seems that many of the incidents of this year seem to be due to people's health issues rather than ride malfunctions. I know a lot of the time these are conditions that people don't know they have until it's too late (like the child on Mission Space), although many, such as the ToT incident, could be avoided if people pay attention to the warning signs. If memory serves me correctly, the 16-year old girl who collapsed was aware she had a condition but her and her parents didn't think it would be affected by the ride.

Luna Park Melborne had 2 acidents this year, a week after each other. (Nearly)

First, our Galaxi derailed, leaving 8 or so people strandede up there for 2 hours (while the pakr didn't do anything about it) and our forg hopper thiny went up without some of the restraints down! Then the park got taken over by a trucking millionair...