TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rolling Thunder

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only been on the left and it was not racing although, when it races, do they go off the lift at the same time? Or does one side go first and it eventually cathes up.

Its like American Eagle where the trains go down the helix at the same time but they still stay next to each other because of how the turn is.

so is the ride like American Eagle where they go down the hill at the same time?

I have only been on the left and it was not racing although, when it races, do they go off the lift at the same time? Or does one side go first and it eventually cathes up.

Its like American Eagle where the trains go down the helix at the same time but they still stay next to each other because of how the turn is.

so is the ride like American Eagle where they go down the hill at the same time?

No, I've seen it race, and the left goes off the lift first, and the right catches up. The imbalance is caused by the left turn out of the station taken by both trains.

^ They have been re tracking the left over the past season. They have been doing a little at a time but it was open a lot this year more then previous years. Both sides have been down for track work and you can feel the difference if you have rode it prior to the track work.

I find the airtime more like a bounce time from the roughness. I rode one side once and I loathed it. So painful.

When I went back a different year, the ride out was okay but coming back was quite boring. I'm not sure what side it was though. When I was there, only one side was open, I do remember that.