TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shockwave--Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv'e ridden le Cobra at la Ronde (clone0 and i really don't like it. It's rough and makes you steral.

maybe SFMM should get it back then, to clean the place up!

i heard they got rid of it because the ground it was built on wasnt very stable.

(by the way, i dont actually find SFMM to be a dirty place, but i had to say it)

I actually rode this coaster when it was located at Six Flags Magic Mountain. (I'm showing my age)

I remember it being a decent ride for the time. It was the first stand-up coaster I had ever been on.

I can't remember what years it was located at Magic Mountain, though I'm sure Robb and Elissa know.

Oh wow shockwave! That sure was a fun coaster! I remember it very well. That was back in the haydays of SFMM when they still had Z-force(looping starship), Enterprise, and the skyway!! I was pretty upset when they took out shockwave. It was my very first standup coaster and boy was that ever an experience going through a loop standing up for the first time!! Shockwave broke me out of my standup coaster virginity!!

Thank you Shockwave I will always remember you as my first!!

When it was relocated to my home park SFGADV as Shockwave in the early 90's I was upset cause I was exactly one inches shy of getting on. I was looking forward to riding it the following yr. Only to find it was moved to SFAW. But I can still remember pulling into the park and seeing the lift heading towards the park entrance. It looked awesome my friend that made the height restriction said it was a rough ride. Walking threw the park now there is five rides that take up its former home kind sad but great rides in its place.

I rode it at SFGAdv as Shockwave, and it was decent (at the time). My only basis of comparison (for a standup) was Shockwave at PKD, and I thought it was the better of the two. Since then B&M have made the standup a much better ride. I'm still not a huge fan, they are better now than they were back then.

Here are a couple of pics of it at SFGAdv from my site:

The Shockwave Page

Shock wave was one of the worlds first stand up coasters, the commercials on TV for SFMM featured the riders on Shock wave all wearing black sunglasses. The ride made an amazing sound for those waiting in line and watching from the distance. It was very fun and I was very very sad when it was taken out. Although I would have to say that Riddlers Revenge at SFMM (the worlds biggest stand up) smashes shockwave to pieces! Although for nostalgic reasons shockwave will forever hold a special place in my heart!

Does anyone know where the ride is going to next?

Ok, so I came across this picture, and it says that it was called Shockwave at Six Flags Magic Mountain..

Now this looks like a cool coaster, but I'm guessing that it could be another slammer like the Iron Wolf at SF Great America..

any comments about this coaster?

^^&^(^&* (/homer simpson).

You just made my morning.

My husband rode this coaster once (waited 4 hours for it to open at SFMM) and he claims it's the best ever. I'd die to ride it!

^^ Did they really move the ride from SGMM to SFGAdv, hold a name the ride contest, only to choose the same name?

Yep, and legitimately many people submitted the name Shockwave. It was strange because since it was Shockwave at MM, and the other eastcoast standup (at PKD) was also Shockwave, so it was kind of odd they ended up calling it Shockwave.

^WOW! :shock:

Triple post!! There is something ya dont see everyday!

(Not that there is anything wrong with that!! )

<--Queen of multiple posts (especially if I haven't been on in a few days!)

-amanda

D**m browser! Why won't it show my post!

Refresh!

Refresh!