TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa's Universal Studios Hollywood Photos!

Hey everyone! I have just added four pages of new photos from our vist to Unviersal Studios this past weekend. You can check them out here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/ush05/ush1.htm

A couple of notes about our visit:

- War of the Worlds set is VERY cool! They ripped apart a REAL 747 for the set!

- Desperate Housewives street - Also very cool! Too bad the housewivers werent there.

- Revenge of the Mummy - An 'ok' ride...not a great ride, and it doesn't even come CLOSE to the Florida version.

- Jurassic Park - Everything was working! Yay! Both dinos at the beginning, the falling car, everything!

- The "A-List" pass is awesome! Gets you front of the line access to all the rides and behind the scenes tours of the shows. Highly reccomended!

Overall a really good day at USH. My only complaint is that there just isn't enough to do. If this park had just one or two *star* attractions, like MiB or Spider Man I think we'd go a LOT more often.

--Robb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Pictures!

That set for War Of The Worlds looked amazing!

Too bad that USH's Mummy wasn't as good as USF. I love the mummy at USF... I would have rode it 20 times, thanks to the trusty hotel express pass, but my family wouldn't wait for me (they hate roller coasters), so I only got on twice... awesome ride though.

Cool pictures, the 747 looks awesome!

Does USF/IOA have the A-list pass?

Yes, you can purchase the express passes, which are basically the same thing. Or when you stay at one of the resort hotels you get unlimited front of the line access.

USF/IOA also has their free express system and while it's limited, it's at least an option for free. USH doesn't have anything like that unless you pay for it. And keep in mind that the USH pass is $89 each for the day, or about $49 if you have a season pass.

--Robb

Just curious for Rob or whoever has ridden both, just what are the basic differences that make the USF version of Mummy better than the USH one? I've often heard that the Florida one is better (and I love it) but was just wondering what the deal was with the California version.

Wow, that SkyVenture thing looks weird and unless Florida is submerged underwater by the laws of nature their version won't be as good as Orlando.

Huh? The SkyVenture at CityWalk is in the early stages of construction - the tunnel for it is going to be clear acrylic, and 30ft. above ground level - so people inside will be able to look out across CityWalk.

Great Pictures Robb, I enjoyed the update

Interesting to see them adding a Skyventure on citywalk, does Universal own the one in Orlando already? The War of the Worlds set looked amazing, and I cant wait to see the movie. Great Update, thanks for sharing with us!

-Justin "I didn't know Joey worked at Universal Hollywood"

I love the picture you took of the T-Rex, I haven't ridden the JP ride but I did see a behind the scenes feature of it, isn't the T-Rex right at the drop, if so, even more respect for getting such a great shot. The set for War of the Worlds looked awesome and was a very interesting thing to see.

Nice picture... I hope you enjoyed the chinese... Maybe now you should sell the chop sticks on Ebay....

Anyway, enhough of being Goofy (yeah, as if..)

But to me the ripped apart 747 for the set doesn't look that cool. More like a junkyeard... You pay to see that? (I told you I could not leave the Goofyness behind)... Anyway, I guess you had to be there...

Hmm this makes me miss Universal Studios! Jurassic Park was so fun when I went on it, and everything was working! But this was 3 years ago before they had The Mummy.

Is the park worth while visiting? In one day I managed to clock up 20 rides on Jurassic Park. The rest of the park was boring as shit! (Ride wise, the shows were ace)

• 1 year later...