TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Today I received this Letter....

QuakerOaties

Dear Mark,

Congratulations! It is my pleasure to inform you that you are admitted to Kenyon College as an early decision candidate for the class of 2010. After a careful review of your application, the Admissions Committee is confident that you and Kenyon are a good match.

I GOT INTO COLLEGE!!!! Kenyon is in Ohio, 2 hours from Cedar Point, and is one of the best liberal arts schools in the country!!!! I can't believe I got in... Heres where I'll b e spending the next four years...

Mark "TIME TO CELEBRATE!!" Luskus

bexley.jpg.dda0ff1b3403549d94a11941888c59e9.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kenyon is not near Kenya.

Congratulations! Last March, I came home and was expecting a reply from Duke. I saw the small envelope and said crap, rejected, sure enough, rejected. Then, I kept rummaging through the mail and saw...a big huge envelope from Chapel Hill. (My goal for the past seven years had been to go to this school) As soon as I saw it, my heart literally jumped up to 200 BPM. I picked the envelope up, my hands trembling as I ripped it open and read it out loud to myself:

"Dear Juancarlos:

It gives me great pleasure (pause) to offer you admission to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill..."

I dropped to my knees, thrust the paper high above me and yelled, I yelled at the top of my lungs, I yelled louder than I have ever yelled before. I was surprised no one knocked on my apartment door to see what was up. Eventually, I pretty much started crying because I got in and because it hurt to keep yelling, but I did anyway. I eventually lose my voice so that when I called my sister up to give her the news, I could barely muster the words. That conversation went something like this:

Me: I got rejected from Duke...

Her: Awww...

Me: But...I got in to Chapel Hill.

Her: Shut the f*ck up.

Me: Yup.

Her: Shut the f*ck up.

Me: Yup.

(That went on for about 2-3 minutes)

Then I virtually called or IMed everyone I knew to tell them. Holy crap, single BEST day of my life. To see everything you worked for, for 7 years, finally come together like that was pure bliss. Then I cried somewhere and yelled and laughed and everything. I love it. Anyway, sorry to steal your thunder so in conclusion...

Congrats! (I have a friend who goes there) Enjoy college! Like my sister, says "its a four year vacation." Sure thing...

Congratulations Mark!

LOL, first I thought it looks like Harry Potter! Anyway, it looks like a cool place! I am sure you´ll have a good time there and don´t forget to post some pictures from the next Quidditch game at Hogwarts... ... umm, I mean Kenyon College!

--Sören

I was just about to say it looked like Hogwarts If you see Harry around slap him for being such a bad actor.

Congrats on getting in! It looks great.

Thanks for all the congratulations guys. I feel soooo relieved. It was my top choice and its great to think that I'll be there for four years!

tngdiablo: I love that t-shirt "Kenyon is NOT next to Uganda". It's great!!!

Mark "I'll enjoy myself at Hogwarts" Luskus

Yeah man, there you go. I was trying to think of what it said and thats what came out.

Congrats, it looks like a cool place. I remember when I got a letter in my mailbox from Penn State (Abington campus), I was so nervous I could barely open it. I was so nervous that I didn't even notice on the front of the envelope it said congratulations.

Congratulations Mark, that's awesome, you'll have an amazing time. I didn't get into my first choice first time around, re-sat some exams and made it the second time, it's totally worth any amount of work to be where you really want to be. It's great that you can now chill out and enjoy Asia knowing the next few years of your life are sorted! Have a great time!