TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Military Service

pagemaster_b

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the German Military Service for 8 month. I was a paramedic and I really learnd a few good things. However, then I had an accident at the Army, where I lost my hearing. Thanks god, it came back after a few days! It wasn´t my fault, but after it was okay again, they kicked me out! It was really a hard time there, but not everything was bad!

--Sören

I'm going to Afghanistan, I doubt they have any coasters at all.

Hmm, maybe I should compile all these videos onto my laptop and take it with me so I can further propagate the wonders and enjoyment of roller coasters! (If that doesn't go well, at least the vidoes will keep me sane long enough till I get home.)

It's only during basic training that you have to do that. It may suck, but it saves time in the morning (no need to comb hair) and saves on shampoo (a pin drop is all you'll need). Besides, last I knew Air Force's basic training is about seven or so weeks. It could be worse, the Marines basic training is three months long.

I personally have the highest respect for people like pagemaster_b.

This country's volunteer military force needs to be commended for the hard work that they do.

Lets face it, when you're being shipped off to some distinct and dangerous land; it shows that you have a strength of character, and a willingness to sacrifice for your country.

Not many people are willing to-do that.

These soldiers are the True Heros of our society, and they should be commended.

Let's face it, this is not an easy job! They often have to work 12+ hour days doing their duty, and their lives are often on the line.

Whether or not you agree with the current U.S. policy in the Middle East is Irrevelent!

It's these Dedicated Soldiers who are the ones who carry out that policy, and they do it with distinction.

I was a Combat Medic (91B) in the Army. I trained at Ft. Sam Houston (San Antonio) and was stationed at Ft. Carson (Colorado Springs). I never went overseas (I missed out on training in Germany due to a down range training accident a few weeks earlier). I did do desert training out in Death Valley at Ft. Irwin (California).

Before my service in the Army, I was trained as a Diesel Engine Mechanic in the Coast Guard. My basic training was at Government Island Alameda and my MOS training was in Yorktown, Virginia.

I live in Israel and in here the army is a duty - 3 years for boys and almost 2 years for girls . When you finish Highschool and 18 you get a date and this is it.

I served 3 years in telecommunication. I don't know how much I can speak about it and I am afraid to get into troubles but it had to do with computers and all kind of communication systems.

I wasnt a "fighter" which means I didn't combar or had to deal with Arabs etc, but still it was bad enough for me.

If there is one thing I took from this experience is that you can get used to ANYTHING . I had the "pleasure" to be in the army during the first Gulf war, when scud missles actaully fell in Israel. It was near my base and near my family house several times and this is my worst memory. However, during this time tHE U.S. Army sent in here special troops with anti missles system and I got to be with some American soldiers. This is a good memory as I relay felt we are not alone in this time.

I personally have the highest respect for people like pagemaster_b.

This country's volunteer military force needs to be commended for the hard work that they do.

Lets face it, when you're being shipped off to some distinct and dangerous land; it shows that you have a strength of character, and a willingness to sacrifice for your country.

Not many people are willing to-do that.

These soldiers are the True Heros of our society, and they should be commended.

Let's face it, this is not an easy job! They often have to work 12+ hour days doing their duty, and their lives are often on the line.

Whether or not you agree with the current U.S. policy in the Middle East is Irrevelent!

It's these Dedicated Soldiers who are the ones who carry out that policy, and they do it with distinction.

Amen to that. I couldn't have put it better myself.

I was in the Army Reserve... for about 3 months. PM me if you want to hear the whole story.

• 2 months later...
I know we have at least a few members in active service travelling around the world riding cool coasters!

Cool coasters? Eh. maybe a few. Nothing like getting to ride another rollerskater in Dubai! Me, I'm in the Navy. The US Navy that is. Lets hear it for less than a year left on my contract. Yay!

I work for a military contractor, so we're supportive of the troops. As for me personally, I can't give enough praise for protecting our country, whether here or overseas. I'm too old now, but sometimes I wish I had done at least the basic two- or four-year hitch. Who knows? It might have made a nice career.

Eric

First of all, I want to thank everyone that is currently in service or served for the country in any branch! I am planning on going into the AirForce after High School, I want to eventually become an airline pilot, and a lot, if not most pilots have gotten their hours there! I knew a guy in it and he said the biggest mistake of his life was getting out, so I am pretty firm in my decision to join.

Dept of Army Civilian Here... That means that I'm one of the engi-nerds that help define and build the computer systems that Army Soldiers end up using.

Again, I will echo my utmost respect for anyone who has done volunteer service for their country. In this day and age, that is such an act of selflessness that needs to be commended.

It's cool to see so many military folks on this site. I am in the active duty Air Force stationed at Shaw AFB in South Carolina. I am an Airfield Manager (I inspect the runways and such, input aircraft flightplans, pass emergency info over the "crash net", etc.) I used to be a F-16 crew chief, but I didn't like being a mechanic so I cross-trained. I have also been stationed at Hill AFB, Utah and Osan AB, South Korea. I have trained at Lackland AFB, Sheppard AFB, Tx; Luke AFB, Az; and Keesler AFB, Ms.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...