TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Theme Park Food

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just at IOA for march break, but being an idiot i never went to mythos.

to bad, sounds good. anyway i wouldnt call it the best, just so-so taste. but the most interesting thing ive ever eaten at a park was probably the food at green eggs and ham at IOA. other than that i never really eat at parks.

My friend and I were watching Food Network one day and say Primanti Bros on TV and decided if we were ever in Pittsburgh we had to go .. so when we made flight reservations for CoasterMania last year, we chose Pittsburgh .. and glad we did .. this year we have it scheduled twice for stops ... such great great food .. love the original location in downtown .. very interesting, but 24hrs doesn't hurt.

Yeah, CP has a lot of things going for it, but quite frankly none of the food there has ever really wowed me.

Agreed there. I have heard that the new Barbecue Place outside the Bluestreak entrance is pretty good.

I usually opt for "Macaronis". It is a sit down joint, but the prices are pretty much in line with the counter service eateries. Plus, they got a mean Cheesesteak.

For me the best park food I have had is a toss up between KW's YUMMY Patch Fries or BGW's food.

I prefer the traditional parks food selection, they take pride in making them. Bigger parks are making their money by attractions. But anyone who hasn't been to KW should get some patch fries, right by the T-Bolt and eat them with cheese and gravy!!!

Is Mythos kind of upscale? I would love to see pictures, if anyone's got them.

I ate at a cafeteria style place at Sea World San Diego that was really good: salmon and veggies and tons of choices. I think it's great that the parks offer some upscale choices, but I still love the tradition of theme park "junk food." It's just more fun.

I avoid BBQ places outside of Texas and Memphis .. just something not right with that .. but the fries thing always scared me up in Ohio and PA with the viniger on the fries .. but then again they looked at me wierd at PKI when I asked for some Ranch for my fries.

hehehe, this is a bit off topic coaster1, but there are good BBQ places up North, if you know where to look that is.

If you ever somehow find yourself in Syracuse, try this place called the Dinosaur Barbeque. It's very much a Biker bar, but it attracts all sorts of people, including corporate types in suits, because their BBQ is spectacular, and that's because the guys who run the place have been to BBQ's all over the country for years, and picked up a lot of stuff.

There's even a restaurant here in Ithaca called Ralph's Ribs, which has the best ribs I've ever eaten, period.

• 6 months later...

Kennywood's Patch fries and chicken strips.

Deep Fried Oreo's from anywhere. Don't knock them til you try them.

Knoebel's Cesari's Pizza. So orgasmically good!

Katie, damn it now I'm hungry!

Brisket at Trappers Smokehouse (BGW) or Zambia Smokehouse (BGT)

Pretty much everything at Dollywood, epecially the Funnel Cakes and baked goods in the shops near the entrance.

Buffalo Chicken fingers at SFNE, really good hot sauce fo some reason

Pretty much anything at City Walk or even inside the Universal parks is good. I REALLY liked the Jerk Chicken Wings at Marley's

The buffet food at The Lake. Of course, what ACE event wouldn't be complete without a kickass buffet?

- Joe, who thinks potato patch fries are terribly overrated

Kennywood's Patch fries and chicken strips.

Deep Fried Oreo's from anywhere. Don't knock them til you try them.

Knoebel's Cesari's Pizza. So orgasmically good!

Katie, damn it now I'm hungry!

That's my list, only I'd add in any German Sausage platter at Festhaus at BGW.

I LOVE, love, love! going to Small Fry's at Kennywood and getting the Chicken Strip and Potato Patch Fries basket, and then a few cups of hot gravy to go with it. Man, that is some good stuff. I miss that place so much.

-Bryan "ACE'er at heart...literally....just no fat" Wood