TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Theme Park Food

Disney pineapple whip all the way! I crave that stuff and I've only had it like twice in my life.

I ate at Blue Bayou and didn't love it, but then, I was vegan at the time. I need to go back now that I consume actual food.

Slightly off topic, but what made you decide not to be a vegan anymore?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

My faves...

Pacific Wharf Cafe @ DCA...really good soups and salads in Boudin sourdough bread bowls!

Sleepy Hollow @ Magic Kingdom (Liberty Square)...the fresh ice cream cookie sandwich owns you!

Fresh Cut Fries @ SFMM...just the smell alone makes your mouthwater

DelGrosso's-- Pasta Wednesdays

Knoebels--Alligator Bites, Olde Mill Ice Cream (esp. Sundaes), BBQ'd chicken and the Fish Fry @ the Oasis, just about anything at the Alamo (inside)

Hersheypark-- Kettle Korn, Funnel Cakes w/ whipped cream and chocolate syrup, Freeman's roast beef sandwiches.

• 10 months later...

Some of my favorites:

-Burgers at Disneyland's Tomorrowland Terrace

-The Mexican restaurant near Frontierland at Disneyland

-Anything at Knoebel's

-Anything at Busch Gardens Europe

-Knott's chicken dinner (always a must for any visit to the park!)

-Cheese-filled breadsticks at Denver's Waterworld

-Midway Market (also known as "the buffet near Raptor") at Cedar Point

On a related note, does DelGrosso's sauce live up to its hype?

Disney pineapple whip all the way! I crave that stuff and I've only had it like twice in my life.

Omg, same here. It's so good! I usually get it with just the whip and without the pineapple juice. Too bad whenever I eat it, it ends up all over my hands. Hahaha, maybe I'm just a messy eater.

As I stated in another thread, Pizza Port at Disneyland Anaheim and Mrs. Knott's Chicken Diner are my two favorites. The Chicken Fusili pasta at Pizza Port is by far my favorite pasta like... ever. If I had a lifetime supply of that stuff, it's all I'd be eating, hahaha.

I've only Mrs. Knott's Chicken Diner for the first time just recently out of all the other times I've visited Knott's in the past. It's for sure become a must while at the park, the chicken is so good! I've never had such perfect chicken! Usually there's either there's too much fat or there's not enough meat, and Mrs. Knott's gets fried chicken just right.

Food is an important part of the theme park experience for me. I know a lot of people will go outside the park for lunch (my family sometimes used to do that when I was a kid). But as an adult, I wouldn't dream of it. Even if the park doesn't seem to have the best offerings, I consider it part of the overall experience, and I want to know what it's like.

I tend to favor full-service restaurants (if available), both because they're usually not that more expensive (relatively speaking) and because I like the way it kind of gives me a relaxation break in my day.

Anyway....

Favorite Theme Park Restaurant: Mythos at Islands of Adventure (although Epcot has the best overall collection of full-service restaurants, of course).

Best Park Food Overall: Knott's Berry Farm (1st...unless CF has ruined that too...it's been a while), Holiday World (2nd), pretty much any Busch park (3rd).

Carnegie Deli at SF Great Adventure. Nothing beats good old fashioned Deli and Rollercoasters at the same time.

Second place would be the Nathans at Coney Island where they do the Fourth of July Hot Dog contest , Nathans + Cyclone is something that not even Thor can ruin.

Just writing this makes me want to return to NYC so bad.

To me, the best theme park food is at the EPCOT Food & Wine festival. Nothing else has come close to that, but I really love wine and how they basically set the whole World Showcase up as one giant tapas bar. Best idea ever.

For more traditional theme park fare, I'll go with Knoebels as my favorite. I've tried all sorts of different things there and everything has been really good. Very consistent quality level across all food items that they sell, down to the soft serve ice cream. The pizza might be a bit overrated, but it's still better than most of the below hospital-grade pizza that most parks serve.

My single favorite theme park food item has to be the cheese and bacon fries at Kennywood. What a delicious symphony of unhealthy goodness. It's the essence of true theme park food; bad for you and damn proud of it.

My favorite theme park restaurants are Blue Bayou and Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Mythos used to occupy this spot, but my most recent meals there have been good, but not great. The Yachtman's Steakhouse at the Yacht Club at WDW also deserves an honorable mention for having probably the best steak at WDW and excellent service.

I ate at Blue Bayou and didn't love it, but then, I was vegan at the time. I need to go back now that I consume actual food.

I love the Dole Whips!

and Blue Bayou as well! Their Monte Cristos are to die for.

also, I always need to get a turkey leg.

I think I eat the most when I go to Disney, so many choices!

Besides the obvious responses of WDW and IOA, ect. I'd have to say one place I was very impressed with was Idlewild. We tried to eat in this one cafeteria style restaurant, with different options, but realized we might be cutting it short with time, so we found a place that hay Gyros. I was floored by how good it was, I had three. I couldn't stop eating them.

Now, I've been to Mythos three times now. For it being voted the best, I don't know. It was great, don't get me wrong, but the best? I think the places at WDW are so much better. Epcot Showcase is in a league of its own, of corse, but even the other places in Disney World are fabulous. I would even say Crown Colony at BGT and other restaurants in Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Hershey Park have even left me just as satisfied tummy-wise as Mythos. Just my opinion.

It's very difficult to compare restaurants in theme parks, because of all the variety. It's like comparing Millennium Force to Bolder Dash.

^ I remember those Gyros...those were darn good...

I have to say my favorite food item is the waffle ice cream sandwichs at Knoebels.

Sooooooooooooo good!...

Think I had three last time I was there!

(Did I use enough O's?)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...