TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Theme Park Food

Ok, so my topic isnt about a new ride or park opening. But, Im curious to get your "feed"back on something thats been "eating" at me(I crack myself up). I always hear how parks in the US always have food barely passible for human consumption. What I would like to know is which US themepark, in your opinion, has the best food? It can be a sitdown or counter, chain or park exclusive. But the only rule is, only in "park" not hotel or resort.

I now submit this dish to the masses

Chris "Chowtime" Zer0

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know there are those who would disagree, but I have NEVER, EVER had a bad meal at WDW. I have been there 9 times and from counter service to sit-down and buffets, I have always found the food to be as good or better than you would get a restaurant in the "outside" world. It's pricey but usually plentiful!

I also loved the buffet restaurant at Dollywood. For the most part, I think every park has some decent food-the real issue I tend to have is price vs quantity. I have spent as much as $20 for lunch for my 6 year old and I at PKI, and that's crazy! When they charge you .89 for a cup of cheese to dip your fries in, etc....

Shari "And I love to eat as much as I love to ride rides" Shoufler

Blue Bayou in Disneyland is great. I love the atmosphere. Its an indoor restaurant that is inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. One time I asked the waiter how high the ceiling is and he said "What ceiling?". I love the committed cast members that stay in character.

Holiday World has the best value food. They have free soft drinks and food prices aren't the usual theme park gauging.

Green Eggs and Ham at IoA is great for the novelty aspect.

Johnny Rockets at Cedar Point is a lot of fun. (there is a chain of them, this one is in the park). I also love the Coffee and Donuts place in Cedar Point.

World Showcase at WDW is great. I can't remember every place I ate at, but everything I had was good.

Usually, I try to eat outside the park, at my hotel (if I brought food), or any place that has decent prices.

I also hear that Mythos at IOA is really good. Had one meal there. For a theme park - it wasn't half bad. Better than any large meal at a Disney Park (aside from Buffet).

BUT my favorite in park meal still has to go to PINOCCHIO'S VILLAGE HAUS (sorry about all caps, cut and pasted that).

Their Figaro Fries are the bomb. Its the only thing I can get that resembles Animal Style Fries from In and Out over here on the East coast.

Oh, I want one right now, and I was just at MK a bit ago.

I just read over my post and forgot about a relatively new find at MGM -- Starring Rolls Bakery -- have had the salmon bagel plate and Veggie Pita, it rocks. OH and also -- Anything (it seems) at the Norway Pavillion Bakery. "Kringla og Bakeri" even the egg and salmon sandwich is good. My wife loves this huge a$$ roll they have that's filled with custard, and the rice cream with strawberries reminds me of my grandmothers rice pudding...

All for now ( I think).

Oh, at AK -- they have some nice corn on the cob and ribs at this little counter place where you can eat off the water (facing EE) and there is this counter restaurant near the entrance that isn't too bad.

USA: Liberty Inn (American Pavillion) @ Epcot --> Best burger I ever ate (I'm European, and we don't have cool hamburgers here, so for me a genuine American burger is a feast )!

(And Europe: Lucky Nugget Saloon @ Disneyland Paris --> Great Tex-Mex buffet)

Best overall park food: Knoebels. The pizza, chicken fries, tri-taters, the ice cream (hard and soft), pork BBQ...I could go on and on, but trust me, the food here rules, and it's pretty damn cheap too.

Best Restaurant Inside A Park: Mythos - Could easily compete with any place out on Citywalk. So looking forward to my meal there soon!

I agree that WDW has good food. Except the stuffed baked potato at The Land food court. That was horrid! I'll have to try some places in the World Showcase, as the only places I've been to are Japan (which kicked ass) and France (where we just had bread and cheese). Any suggestions?

dt

The park with the overall best food that I've been to is Busch Gardens Williamsburg. There are a lot of individual places at parks I really like though:

Fiesta Fajitas & Fries- SFGAm

LaRosa's Pizza- PKI

Potato Patch- Kennywood (who doesn't love that place)

Patio Pizza- Cedar Point

You can't go wrong with EPCOT's world showcase. Fish and Chips at England, sushi/sashimi at Japan, drinks with tapioca beads (better than it sounds) in China... awesome, awesome, awesome stuff.

The park with the overall best food that I've been to is Busch Gardens Williamsburg. There are a lot of individual places at parks I really like though:

I'm headed there in May. What food would you recommend?

Keep in mind, I'm about six months shy of the drinking age ( ).

You almost have to classify Walt Disney World in a completely different league. I mean, with the park, resorts, and the Downtown Disney restaurants, they are hands down some of the best food at any park.

But it's almost an unfair advantage to places like Mythos, Knoebel's, etc.

My vote still goes for Mythos for best restaurant in a park, Knoebel's for best 'park food' and a toss up between 'Ohana, Spoodles, and Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki for best restaurants at Walt Disney World.

--Robb

The Japanese restaurant in Epcot was amazing, though I don't remember it all that well since I went over 10 years ago.

The best I've had would have to be the Blue Bayou at Disneyland (the restaurant inside Pirates). I always make sure I eat there once per trip.

O would agree that you cant compare wdw/USF with other theme parks in regards to food.

I would say that BGW has the best overall seasonal theme park food of all the parks i have visited. The food is very good, they offer alot of different foods and you get very good service IMHO.

Mythos, Mythos, Mythos, Mythos, Mythos, Mythos, Mythos, Mythos, Mythos, Mythos, Mythos, Mythos, Mythos, Mythos, Mythos.

Penne pasta with grilled and blackened chicken with mushroom and garlic sauce with strips of mushroom on top.

Cherry cheesecake wrapped in a cinnamon baked crust.

All served on artistically-designed plates, provided by the best service I have experienced in ANY park, bar none.

_________ anything else.

My favorite restraunt inside a park is Mythos at IOA, but the best park food is by far Knobels! I LOVE Pizza in general, but Cesari's Pizza is so much better than normal! If you are going to Knobels, try Cesari's Pizza. Just don't ride Phoinex or i'll get jealous