Best Theme Park Food

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LaRosa's Pizza- PKI

Yeah!!! Someone who actually likes our pizza!!! (Although you can get it cheaper, and better variety, going 10 minutes up the road to the closest LaRosa's restaurant!)

Shari "My Illinois-native husband hates my LaRosa's pizza" Shoufler

Yeah! We'd talked about this on another board. To many people, including myself, LaRosa's tastes much much better at the park. The LaRosa's restaurants taste totally different...and not as good.

For me, the food at Busch Gardens Europe was great, as well as, Chet & Matt's near CP, and Kahunaville @ Kalahari.

Yeah! We'd talked about this on another board. To many people, including myself, LaRosa's tastes much much better at the park. The LaRosa's restaurants taste totally different...and not as good.

As as Cincy native and person of Eye-talian extraction, I agree that LaRosa's makes awful pizza. They would fail in a "real" city like Chicago. They make one good pizza though. It's called "Little Italy". It's got a real crust (not their usual cardboard), and sauce that actually has taste. The best food at LaRosa's is actually their hoagies. They make one mean sandwich if you get the right one. I don't think PKI has the LaRosa's sandwiches

I'm thoroughly unqualified to evaluate park food. I generally don't eat it. Probably the best I've had is the Blue Bayou at Disneyland. I got a pretty good filet mignon there. It's not world class. I can get better steak at a similar or lower price. And their salad had a bunch of iceberg lettuce in it. YUCK. But, the ambience of that place is tops. The sound of the crickets, the dark feel even during the day, the ships from Pirates lazily floating by. You can't beat it.

I'll list a few parks and what I thought of their food.

PKI- eat Graeter's ice cream only.

Indiana Beach- excellent grilled cheese.

Holiday World- yuck! Never eat at Satan's Lodge either. Their buffet is easily some of the worst slop I've ever had. Nice enough hotel though.

Universal Studios Orlando- got a burger and pizza at two random places. It was pretty average. Mythos was closed because it was HHN

Wow, I've only eaten at maybe 1/3rd of the parks I've been to. LOL.

I think Universal easily has the best theme park food. I mean I was there at the park today and I saw them bring out a hamburger and I thought to myself, "Wow, that actually looks good!" Disney offers some good items but they also offer some craptactular items as well.

-Pinnochio's Village Haus: Magic Kingdom

-Thunder Falls Terrace: IOA

-Mixed Grille: Hersheypark

Other than that, all I've really eaten at parks is the standard burgers and fries.

However, my one of my friends said the the falafel at Hersheypark's Central PA Kosher Mart is some of the best she's ever eaten.

OK, I'm a newbie (I just turned 13 yesterday ) and I've always wanted to be a member here so this is the iceing on the cake.

OK, lets get back on topic and the best parks are Silver Dollar City/Dollywood and Disney Parks (US) just because they put quality into it especially SDC/DW. The reason I put Disney is I like Redd Rocket's at Disneyland near Space Mountain.

sfgam2006

I know it's been said before- the french fries at the Potato Patch at Kennywood are the best on the planet! They're big and thick, and you can get toppings like cheese, gravy, or vinegar (sounds gross, but its good).

I think the food at BG Williamsburg is very good- expecially in Italy. Yum, Italian food! And so authentic.

I know it's not a theme park, and don't know if it's food, but at the Jersey Shore parks (Atlantic City, Wildwood) they have this stuff called water ice- it's like slush, but it comes in a paper cup and you eat it w/a spoon. They have all kinds of flavors, my favorite being pina colada. I've never seen this stuff anywhere else before- has anybody else?

• 2 months later...
I as well like the sit down places at Disneyland.

SFMM has gotten better: Panda Express, and Papa Johns!! I like the roasted corn stand as well. Johnny Rockets will probably kick butt too.

Oh and don't forget Mrs. Knotts Chicken!!

How can you forget Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner????????? ITS THE BEST well for me anyways it was... Till I got highered to bus boy there I got free meals on lunchbreak and never want anotoher peace of chicken agine

I as well like the sit down places at Disneyland.

SFMM has gotten better: Panda Express, and Papa Johns!! I like the roasted corn stand as well. Johnny Rockets will probably kick butt too.

Oh and don't forget Mrs. Knotts Chicken!!

How can you forget Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner????????? ITS THE BEST well for me anyways it was... Till I got highered to bus boy there I got free meals on lunchbreak and never want anotoher peace of chicken agine

That place used to be awesome, but recently they've seemed to add a lot more salt into their recipe which to me kills the perfect taste their chicken used to have

I think for sure the best theme park restaraunt I've ever been in is Mythos, but I can't believe nobody else has picked this as the best what I would call value theme park food....Countdown Chicken Fusilli @ Redd Rockets in Disneyland, I've stopped at the park on some days just to have that for lunch ...ok and maybe taking a quick ride on space mtn had a little something to do with it too

My favorite fast food theme park meal would have to be the stacked sandwich that they used to serve at Cosmic Rays in the Magic Kingdom. It had really thick herb focaccia, turkey, turkey based ham and salami, and provolone cheese. Then you could load it up with topping from the topping bar. It was heavenly, and HUGE. There were plenty of times when I was living there that I would go to the Magic Kingdom just so I could have that sandwich for dinner.

Other places I've liked, in no particular order, are Boma, Ohana and Teppanyaki Dining Room at WDW, International Market or whatever it's called at Cedar Point, PCH Grill at DLR, and that heavenly potato soup in a bread bowl at Knotts.

-Julie

• 7 months later...

Food is good. Some might say they cant live without food.

Some foods are good some foods are bad.

Ok Whats the best of the best worst of the worst Theme Park food?

Best food at a theme park is probably INSERT NAME HERE at Silver Dollar City. I forgot the name. All I know is I had the Best Ribs there and its by the Rapids ride. Worst is... The Chicken a Gator Mcgees at SFOT. I love there burgers but the Chicken sucks!

Your turn!