TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: NYC

AllisonY2K

who's ready to see pictures?!

(advance apologies for the large sizes)

also, all my journal entries from the flight to NYC to the bus ride home from NYC are up in my LiveJournal. they are public entries, too, so just follow the link to read all about it. http://www.livejournal.com/users/allisony2k/

here is my stuff packed up for NYC. one bag checked, one carry-on. the shoulder strap for the duffel bag broke shortly later. turns out this bag weighed only 23 pounds.

Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport. notice how dead the place is, even at 10:30am when my flight was leaving. I'm still mad I had to toss my two lighters when I could have checked them in my bag. also, don't wear boots when flying because you have to take off your shoes and have them scanned. it's a pain to you and the people behind you to have to unlace these.

This is a view of Bird Key and Lido Key. If you look to the left of center you'll see a distinct circle area, that's St. Armand's Circle. more of Sarasota is visible to the right of the picture. the Sarasota/Bradenton area is beautiful from the air. I missed the chance to take a picture of Protocol (my old job).

this picture is for my friend Jo, who collects airline barf bags. don't ask me, I'm just picking them up for her in exchange for some UK candy bars.

3 hours later I land at LaGuardia Airport in NYC. (Queens, specifically) this is only like...1/10th of LaGuardia. this place is HUGE! planes stacked up waiting to taxi and take off and stuff. it's amazing!

The steaming Cup O Noodles sign in Times Square. it really has steam coming out of the top of it!! it was really high up so I am surprised my camera captured it at all. I was going to take a pic of me flipping the bird to the MTV building (or during TRL) but I didn't have the heart.

part of the rebuild efforts of the World Trade Center. the size of damage is phenominal. sadly all the wreaths, flowers, candles, notes, pictures have all been removed.

a really old cemetery located directly across from the World Trade Center.

..and now for you rollercoaster geeks out there: The Coney Island Cyclone photo triple-pack! this coaster is awesome and seeing how close you can get to it and really see how big (and tall) it is was awesome as hell.

Saw this sign at Coney Island. I heard you can nominate your ex-boyfriends for this.

Hudson River (and across the river is beautiful, scenic and pleasant-smelling New Jersey)

The New York Stock Exchange. outside there were NYPD in riot gear carrying M16s! it was kinda scary actually to think what could go down right there. this is on the corner of Wall Street and Broadway. I found it by accident.

This sculpture was originally located at the World Trade Center. through all the destruction, only part of it was damaged. during rebuilding efforts it was moved to South Ferry.

THE INFAMOUS Stonewall Bar in Greenwich Village. this is where the Gay Rights Movement started after a police raid. this movement was fronted by drag queens. y'all pay some respect to the fabulous sisters who don't want their weiners chopped off, thankyouverymuch.

Apparently some homeless guy really didn't want to lose his cart so he locked it to a sign post and planned on coming back later for it. (during a return trip a week or two later the cart (and chain and lock) were gone) also located in Greenwich Village.

The Statue of Liberty. it's on it's own island and stuff. again, it was taken kind of far away so I am glad my camera picked it up.

The pterodactyl spear-thingy on the Staten Island Ferry that I talked about on my Staten Island Adventure (in 3D)

Sadly, my picture of the Rockaway Beach sign was too dark to print.

(yeah, I went there because it's a Ramones song title..I'm a dork like that)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww! I miss NY! I went there on my 8th grade field trip. Got to walk all the way up the Statue of Liberty! Never again! It took us like 2 hours! Also everyone made sure they wore something that said Boston or Red Sox on it so we were getting looks all day. At one point I thought we were gonna get shot lol!

Yeah NY does look really diferent without the World Trade Towers there. I got to go back after 9/11 to see everything. Wrote my name and everyone in my family's name on the cage around it. It was really hard to stay around it with everyone crying.

How old is that camera?

uh, it was a disposable camera and the film was still fresh, so... *shrugs*

Jarmor: I figured NYC was more exciting than a picture of me. besides, there's enough pics of me (or parts of me..ahem crispy).

Teddy: have you been shopping cart-jacked much?

niiicolaaah: good luck trying to convince your friends to go with you to Coney Island. it's a little bit of a trek by subway to get out there just to see a coaster that's closed and being refurb'd right now. plus it's cold and windy out there! I only went: a) because I could, b) because I wanted to, c) because I had nothing else better to do, and d) because I didn't have to drag anyone else along with me.

but hey, if you can convince them to go...by all means, go and check it out!!