TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Whats The Weather Like Where You Live?

I think we might have hit 13 for a high today, which is the highest it's been in about five days. The wind has been blowing steadily all day today which is probably bringing the wind chill down to about -15 or worse. My outdoor ventures today included walking from my car into work and then walking out of work and back to my car...that's it!

Supposed to hit 33 on Saturday...woo-hoo!

No wait, they are calling for a chance of snow and freezing rain on the same day. Boooooo!!!!!!!!

Current temperature in Melbourne is about 95 degrees. New housemate is coming from Canada next week where it's sitting at 14. He is in for a shock I think...

Well, the other Melbourne (Florida) was at about 80 degrees earlier this week. Now it's down to low 50's with rain.

What started yesterday as a light dry snow blowing around in the streets gradually ended up covering us in a thick blanket. It's coming down strong again today; I shoveled the driveway for my parents and less than 2 hours later they don't believe I did it. We don't get snow like this every year so there was the stereotypical "bread, milk and eggs" brigade at the stores and the reports of minimal commutes taking several hours.

So much for our normal winter. Over the past 2 days we have gotten 9" of snow, 1/4" freezing rain, and another 1-3" of snow are starting to fall here in the Charlotte, NC area. As you can imagine, a lot of the area is shut down and areas east of us got 1" of freezing rain.