TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Whats The Weather Like Where You Live?

We got up to zero for a high today and it was -11 degrees with a -30 wind chill when I went into work this morning.

Luckily, we didn't take the pounding of snow that Buffalo got 70 miles north of here...we escaped with only about an inch of new snow. Hearing rumors that they got 2-3 feet up that way in addition to the severely cold temperatures.

I think we're supposed to hit -28 wind chill tonight or tomorrow night. I can't get over how fricking cold this winter has been!

Not a lot of snow for western NY, but I don't recall so many days of single digit highs for many, many years.

I hear you. We've had at least 4 days, now, where it hasn't gotten above freezing all day which is unusual for us.

It was 64 today but the high tomorrow is once again only 29 and now they're calling for 1-2 inches of snow.

I live in Southern Georgia. It's been 3 years since I've seen even a small flurry. Now there's freaking 4 INCHES OF SNOW on the ground!!! Looks like I'm not going to class for the next week, because people in Georgia cannot drive.

So we got our 'snow' last night. As usual in the Carolinas, the weather forecasters were off. Our 3-5 inches worked out to less than an inch of snow. Since we don't have enough equipment to get all the back roads clear for the buses and it's not above freezing yet (22 degrees), most schools are out for the day.

Here's a shot of our snow.

IMG_9064_edit.thumb.jpg.8541a3489ce2d40e7657964f3d5571e9.jpg

So we got our 'snow' last night. As usual in the Carolinas, the weather forecasters were off. Our 3-5 inches worked out to less than an inch of snow. Since we don't have enough equipment to get all the back roads clear for the buses and it's not above freezing yet (22 degrees), most schools are out for the day.

[attachment=0]IMG_9064_edit.jpg[/attachment]

Don't worry. Where I live, we were suppose to have just a dusting, but we ended up with 2 inches. It took about 2 hours to go 5 miles including a 30 minute walk after we abandoned my truck.

Don't worry. Where I live, we were suppose to have just a dusting, but we ended up with 2 inches. It took about 2 hours to go 5 miles including a 30 minute walk after we abandoned my truck.

Yeah, you all have the same scenario that we do and you never know what to believe when they call for snow.

I'm glad you made it home safely after all that and hope you can get your truck back soon.

Yeah, you all have the same scenario that we do and you never know what to believe when they call for snow.

I'm glad you made it home safely after all that and hope you can get your truck back soon.

I'm glad too. Fortunately, I don't have school tomorrow or perhaps the rest of the week.