TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Whats The Weather Like Where You Live?

Vegas...

HARD FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM PST /10 AM MST/ TUESDAY...

A HARD FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM PST /10 AM MST/ TUESDAY FOR MUCH OF THE MOJAVE DESERT.

* LOCATIONS AND EXPECTED LOW TEMPERATURES: LAS VEGAS VALLEY... UPPER TEENS TO MID 20S. PAHRUMP AREA... MID TO UPPER TEENS. MESQUITE AREA... LOWER 20S. SOUTHERN CLARK COUNTY... UPPER TEENS TO LOWER 20S. KINGMAN AREA... LOWER TO MID TEENS. MEADVIEW AREA... MID 20S. BARSTOW AREA... LOW TO MID 20S. BAKER AREA... MID 20S. YUCCA AND MORONGO VALLEYS... MID 20S. DEATH VALLEY AREA... UPPER 20S TO LOW 30S.

* IMPACTS: A PERIOD OF SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES FOR 12 HOURS OR MORE WILL OCCUR TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING. THESE CONDITIONS COULD IMPACT PETS... DAMAGE EXPOSED PIPES... KILL CROPS AND OTHER SENSITIVE VEGETATION IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

ARRANGE PROPER SHELTERING OF PETS WHO MAY SUFFER IF LEFT OUTDOORS. TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTIONS TO PROTECT SENSITIVE PLANTS AND COVER EXPOSED IRRIGATION PIPES AS THEY MAY GET DAMAGED. RUN POOL PUMPS OVERNIGHT TO LIMIT THE POTENTIAL FOR DAMAGE

Winter storm warning here through 4:00 on Thursday.

Just starting to snow here now and we only have about an inch on the ground, but I hear that ski country between Jamestown and Buffalo is getting hammered with lake effect snow right now.

Could be an interesting drive to work tomorrow...I just hope that I don't get stuck backing out of my driveway like I did the day before Thanksgiving!

It's been in the mid 20s to mid 30s near me. I really hope it warms up soon. I've been considering a trip to Hershey maybe sometime in the next couple of weeks and there is no way I want to walk around the park with a windchill of under 20 degrees.

Currently 12 degrees with a wind chill of -2 although we have only gotten about three to four inches of snow since the lake effect snow warning went into effect on Tuesday. I have heard that if I were to travel about 20 miles north of here towards Buffalo that they have upwards of two feet of snow.

We got snow this morning! Which around here in Vancouver, is a Big Deal.

Doesn't come every winter, and sometimes it's washed away by rain in the

afternoon. Still, it's nice to wake up to it, considering it won't (usually)

be around here for much longer. No garbage pickup today though, darnit.

IMG_3648.JPG.6f4f628b6c2e9db22904b0a7c707820a.JPG

Looking out our front porch.

IMG_3649.JPG.9d610c5ae790a002b775148aa2beb7b6.JPG

Our little car, totally blanketed by it.

IMG_3647.JPG.aec4b72229909b81cd2fc91e51ca3489.JPG

Out the back door, from our kitchen.

^ Huh. But I just read in the paper and heard on the radio, this isn't going to last through Christmas Day. )o: A "Green Christmas" is predicted, meaning RAIN and more RAIN, some time between now and then. Oh well, beautiful while it's lasted.

And - we got a really neat snow angel (the first on our property in nearly 35 years!) from a little boy and his mother, playing out front on the sidewalk. It was awesome, and I thanked them for the snow angel.

Sometimes - things just happen, and suddenly it all feels right, yes?

427861813_ResizeofIMG_3651.JPG.2dd7291a3fbd9e8fbd930fc27fec9527.JPG

There! See it? He really put work and effort into that angel!