TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Did You Get For Christmas?!

robbalvey

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went out and bought myself a new washer/dryer today during boxing day. (Canada's equivalent to black friday in the US).

My family doesn't actually get together until tomorow, so I'll get something then. But our gift giving isn't too crazy. Except for my nieces/nephews obviously who get spoiled.

Combined list of birthday (on the 22nd) and Christmas presents:

Kevin Yee's Mouse Trap book

Coffee table book on Pixar

Coffee table book on Sesame Street

Coffee table book on Star Wars

Book of academic essays on the Muppets

Book on the making of the Clash's London Calling

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (Xbox 360)

Gorillaz' Bananaz DVD

Book of Roger McGough poetry

A Bill Bryson (non-travel) book

Mike '8 books does not a geek make..really' Moody

Oh I might as well share too. I received:

Toy Story Mania and Super Mario Brothers for the Wii

CD's by Lady Gaga, David Guetta and Katy Perry

Oz Season 1

Six Feet Under Season 1

Grey's Anatomy Season 3

Flight of the Conchords Seasons 1 & 2

Some clothes and a lap desk that adjusts for my laptop.

My mom is making me a recipe holder/flip book. She is including all the recipes from her side of the family, including a few from my grandmother (which are still written down on the original cards that she used). It's probably the best present ever, because she knows I've been asking for family recipes for some time now.

Well were do I start

I bought my Mom this kings size silk bedspread set that shes been wanting for over 300 hundred bucks

I bought my sister a pair of high heel D&G leather boots for $175.00

I brought my brother a pair of Chad Muska Supra Skytop shoes for a buck 20 ($120)

I bought my younger sister scrubs she works in a doctors office 5 tops/ 5 bottoms was $120

I also bought my 18 month old nephew a $100 toddler Batman Powerwheels Quad and my 3 week old niece over $100+ dollars worth of baby clothes

AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT THESE PEOPLE GOT ME!!!! absolutlely nothing I got not a thing from no one not the four immediate family members above nor from any other relative.

I know christmas isn't all about getting great gifts but man I felt like i was in the movie Sixteen Candles or something, like I didn't even exisit. when I did exist to them, it was to complain about why I didn't get them this or get them that. My mom even hard the gore to get alittle attitude when she thought I had forgot to buy and bring her Mary J Blige stupid new CD like are you serious.

Then on top of that I had to go in and work an overnight shift , so yeah sorry I just got off and I had to get that Rant out

I do truly hope everyone elses Christmas was much much better then mine.

That is BULLSHIT! You WILL be appreciated and have fun on the holidays, I WILL IT TO BE!

Let's See...

- A black Wii remote with Wii MotionPlus

- The Office season 3

- Flannel pants

- Thermal Socks

- $15 iTunes card

- $50 Best Buy gift card

- $20 Lands End gift card

- $50 check

- A family field trip to this really sweet Laser Tag place

- Candy, Post-it notes, the usual stocking stuffers.

Not bad. Let me know about some good Wii games that uses MotionPlus. I can't wait to try it out.

I got DVDs I've wanted for a whole year:

- Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix

- Live Free or Die Hard

- National Treasure 2

- The Dark Knight

- Hancock

Can't beat the <$10 prices.

I also got Shoes and a hands-free flashlight to wear on my head. I had to change a car battery in the dark one night.

I also got my Core 2 Duo system fixed, this Celeron laptop is killing me.

Happy new-year to everyone

^ All you have to do is open your photo editor (Flickr, Picasa, etc.) and look for the resize feature. Then resize to 800x600. I often save them as whatever the photo name was with "resize" or "TPR" somewhere in the file name if I don't want to mess up the original file.

Use the help functions in any of those programs if you need to.

Eric

Santa was great this year!

I get some random old vinyls (yeah, they are old and very expensive, from the 1960 - 1970's) : Supertramp's "Crime of the Century", The Beatles' "Sgt Pepper's...", Jean Michel Jarre's "Oxygene", and many other vinyls from my parents.

Also I get two places for seeing -M- (a french artist) live in march 2010 with my best friend. My sisters offered me some money and some cool clothes too! And I finally get some gift cards with money for buying some things in many shops!

By the way, I hope that every TPR members have enjoyed this end of 2009.