TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Are there any CLUBBERS amoing you ?

krouvi

As my second "fetish" in life besides Coasters is Clubbing and Electronical music, I ask you if there are anyone else in here that is a clubber.

By Clubber I mean someone who think God may be a DJ, Ibiza is Heaven, know who are Sasha, Digweed, Tiesto and Paul van Dyke are, know that LoveParade is not a pride Parade, Cyberdog is not a name of a petshop etc.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fiancee used to be a huge clubber, everything you described. Shes always going on and on about Sasha and Digweed, or Rabbit in the Moon. Although she doesnt go to many clubs anymore, shes always listening to techno.

I myself am a different kind of 'Clubber', as in I always go to clubs to see bands perform, or to perform myself..

..I think god is a drummer, does that count?

Yes, I know that Ibiza is heaven, 24/7 party! However, I am more of a hip-hop person rather than a trance/techno person. I have tried listening to techno but I just can't get into it. Old school hip-hop is what I'm really into. When I was in Spain during the Summer of 2004, I had a chance to see Grandmaster Flash perform at a club in Madrid. Me and my friends were right up against the stage and it was incredible. I also had a chance to see Jazzy Jeff and Mr. Vegas perform when MTV Europe went to Tossa de Mar but our group leaders would not let us stay...we were two hours away from Barcelona and had to leave the next day to return to Madrid.

Never went clubbing and never will. My father taught me all about the stock market when I was 11 years old. My mother taught me all about cooking when I was 13. I'm boring. Can anyone describe how it feels to go clubbing? All my friends said was, "Go see for yourself." I've always had the perception that clubbing was all about drugs, alcohol, and techno.

Dj Tiesto is where its at. I'm 100% Greek and love techno, dance, and some trance. Its in my Mediterranean blood I guess haha! There was a Tiesto concert here in Boston I believe in November but I had the Fall Out Boy concert that day. Paul Van Dyke i've heard about. I also like Paul Oakenfold and Louie DeVito.

Clubbing is so much fun. You really do have to go experience it for yourself. Yes i'm only 19 but in Boston there are 18+ Greek nights so I get into those. There are those other few times where my sister got my into some 21+ nights haha! You have the music loud, a drink, and you just dance.

I have always been into electronic and dance music. All I talked about the month before my 18th birthday was how I was gonna be clubbing every night, school or not. I went to some stupid club on my 18th birthday and it was horrible. Everybody is basically soaking with sweat, packed like sardines, attempting to dance. I tried a few raves, and they were just dumb. All the candy kids and their glow shit.

I stick to the music, period. I'd would rather blast some 4/4 beats in my car - windows down - rather than trekking out to some nasty club.

I stick to collecting, composing, and remixing the music.

I'm kinda the same way--enjoy the music, not really into the club scene. Part of that may be because of all the electronic music they played at the first HHN I went to a few years ago... But whatever, I enjoy it.

Speaking of the music, it's a little troubling that XM has put The System on hiatus this month so they can play wacky Christmas music (though I do enjoy some of those selections as well).

Its noce to see I am not the only one with coasters and clubbing inside his head.

Basicly I dont believe there is age about clubbing, kind of like about coasters - it is never too late to start.

Clubbing is something that can make me so happy . I am clubbing almost everyweekend fro ages and fky to Raves to Europe from time to time. My best experience was in Holland at the Dance Valley when Tiesto played beofre us - and us means 80,000 peoepl. I started to cry from happiness.

I also used to be a DJ in a local BAar few years ago and got tons of cds. I like House and Electro and of course Trance.

I love all musis as it is.

Clubbing is something you must experience. Yes it is crowded and sweaty and loud but this part of it. The best moments are when everybody put thiere hands in the air and scream .

I live in Israel and here the scene is very good. Clubs are everywhere and for me everyweekend is going from on party to anther 24 hours . When one party is over at 6 in the morning, another party starts somewhere else and I am tehre. An after weekend I am so waisted but kind of full of energy. Just counting the days till next rave.

Dance Valley, you say? Ferry Corsten is one of my favorite trance DJ's! His "Dance Valley Theme" was good, but I wasn't totally impressed with it. I like his remixes much more than his original pieces. I have a huge collection of his remixes on mp3! I think his remix of Apoptygma Berzerk's "Kathy's Song" is freakin' BRILLIANT!

I used to be into Tiesto, but not really anymore. I've even sort of died down with my Ferry fanatacism. My current favorite is Valentin. His synth skills are amazing.

This is kinda funny, but I just bought A*Teens: The ABBA Generation because (1) I love ABBA and (2) it's ABBA songs put to trance-y dance music. Haha. I bet everybody is like "Uh, eww" but I really like it!

I go to clubs when I accidentally follow hot chicks into them. Normally I don't stay long though, I can stand crowds. If its wall to wall, I'm out the door!

I'm still up in the air about techno music. I like remixes of current songs, but not when the original song was 3 minutes long and the remix is 13. I'm more into bars, pubs, and posh hangouts right now, with the occasional live band club every so often, as long as they serve beer I'm good!

I take part in a different club scene. I go to Latin clubs, where they play salsa, merengue, cumbia (NO reggaeton, I can't stand that sh*t). Sometimes there will be a live band, other times there's a DJ. I'm no expert in any one type of dance, but I love to dance to Latin rhythms. Sometimes I don't even dance, I just sit up in the balcony and watch other couples do there thing. It's absolutely beautiful what some people can do.

I went to a latin club/bar once. We went on Cinco De Mayo and it was SO crowded! But, I ended up just watching people most of the time because I wasn't totally sure how to dance to the beat. I mean, I was only used to grooving to house and hip hop beats.

I really enjoy when DJ's mix house and latin. Do you like Hex Hector?

[edit] BTW, do you know what "Lapa Lapa" means? That was the name of the place we went to.

^I actually have no idea who Hex Hector is or what Lapa Lapa is . I'm a casual club-goer, I really don't keep up with the who's-who in Latin dance. My favorite clubs are the Century Club in Century City (live salsa band on Friday nights) and the Mayan in Downtown LA. The Mayan has an awesome dance floor accompanied by an awesome Latin Mix on Friday nights (along with Go-Go dancers, although I have to admit the women tend to look like drag queens :shock: ). If you're ever in LA, I highly recommend you go check it out.

I know Hex Hector, mainly from remixes. He plays what is called NY House, which means kind of happy house , mostly common in gay scene.

I never tried Latin dance as I am afraid I will be horrible moving myslef like that. However, as this is kind of sexy and great way to meet women I am considering trying it once.