TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

The miniland where Shambhala sits is currently being landscaped. Lots of statues, buildings, greenery and walls have appeared in a matter of days. The entrance arches to the Shambhala section are being finished and the sign is about to be installed. There you go some photos:

Entrance arch ready to be painted and installed.

Builder butt and painting detail.

Sign should be placed in a matter of hours...

Lots of rockwork are also being covered with concrete and topped off with snow. Looks nice!

I still wonder why they would install this miniroof...

And the buried Buddha!

More and more details to round up the area...

Queue building is being finished...

Source: osgirl19 from PA-Community.com

The coaster is opening in 13 days and all of a sudden the construction has rocketed. In fact, themeing work is being done during park operating hours and testing is being done at sunset and at night...

Theming coming along nicely thanx to Mr Mazzoli, Gardaland's ex art director lets hope they'll stick with the park map concept so we'll have the mountain with the waterfall too... Can't wait to go and ride!

Considering how crazy the Khan attendants were for only running it with a full train on a windy day, i suspect it would be a cool/cold and windy day if it were ever to happen.

The area is really beginning to look great.

I wonder when this will stall for the first time...

When it runs in freezing temperatures on a cold windy day in January, with an empty train, first thing in the morning... I bet this will have heaters in the station or something.

Finally, I bring you a video showing a test WITH splash, which by the way has been confirmed it will be artificial (like Manta's). It looks quite good in my opinion... let's hope PA keeps it running on a consistent basis

Also notice how in this last video the train has a nice speed on the last hills...

Source: veronika from PA-Community.com

Wow that zero-car looks sexy! And the rest of the train isn't bad, either. The speed also looks like to pick up, slowly, but it's getting better. Hopefully they get this one warmed up enough to provide great rides at the opening! (Not that I could go there, even in the next 5 years or so. But I still hope this one to live up to it's hype! )

I wonder when this will stall for the first time...

I too was going to ask this same question watching it sluggishly make it through those airtime hills until I realized the trains were empty. When you run empty trains, you take that chance pretty much everyday especially with fluctuating weather. I don't know how many close calls we had with the Phantom last summer rolling back on not so warm days. You also have to keep in mind these are new trains as well and they probably pumped all the bearings up with grease which also slows the trains down on colder days. I'm very interested to see how this runs on a nice warm/hot day.

Anyone have an idea of how steep the airtime hills are (both incline and decline)? I'm sure it's similar on most B&M hyper coasters, I guess I never knew how steep other hypers' airtime hills were and I can't judge the angle that well.